US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent news from VG+. Guess having some patience is a virtue after all

Had an email to say mine will be dispatched soon. I was one of the top numbers on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
      I've not seen a single video since e3 2004 i think, and its been so hard to resist videos.

Im sure I can wait another 7-10 days
      Did you order all your games/accessories with Import Madness too??
      I ordered the Wii on the 7th but just placed an order just there for Zelda, Excite Truck and an extra Wiimote and Nunchuk.

Hope they'll arrive with or before the console

Comment

Well I ordered a nunchuck, Zelda and the Wii console on one order and tonight I ordered a copy of Rayman.

I can wait til PAL launch to get extra nunchucks and stuff

Comment

Yeah I suppose. My component cable is coming from yesasia sometime after the 2nd December...that's my main accessory i'm desperate for. BTW, this may surprise a lot of people but with one thing or another happening in my life....i've never played Resi Evil 4! So I bought the US version off ebay for the GC so if I don't have Zelda when my Wii comes, then i've got a damn gap-filler

I know, I know, call myself a gamer

Comment

Just got another email from VG+, proper confirmation, my Wii is shipping on Monday with Trauma Center, Rayman, and Zelda.

YES!

Comment

there's so many games that people go on and on about that i could never get into
              resident evil 4 being one of them
              others are smash brothers, splinter cell (all), devil may cry (all), metal gear solid 3, gta san andreas and some others
              i think the only game series i'm really into is zelda
              other than that it's just twitch gaming like a bit of quake 3 arena online or something
              i'm still interested in the new smash bros on wii though, i'll probably end up buying it

Comment

Originally posted by dazzx
                i am a litlle annoyed about vg+. first we pre-order, then we get told unfortunately were not getting any so you can try to get one but be ripped off elswhere then they say hang on actually we are getting some after all. i know people will now say you should have stuck with them but i wanted one as soon after launch as possible and with last weeks email of doom i panicked and ebayed one(dont ask how much). anyone else feel the same??
                I did exactly the same, not impressed to tell you the truth as it's gonna cost me at least ?150 more that what I had ordered. Not VG+'s fault but still very annoying. I would have kept the order had I paid by card but I paid by PayPal to spare their server which was crippled at the time of ordering and I needed the PayPal money to pay for the Wii I won on eBay. Not only that but I ended up losing ?14 with the refund due to the exchange rate.

Originally posted by Boggy
                Importmadness really susprised me, after screwing up my order in 2004 im surprised to see they're still going AND getting Wiis.

I'm order number... 0000068125

I have been confirmed a unit and anyone before me should do too
                Excellent, mine is 00000680--something something, my mate will be happy
                Last edited by mr_sockochris; 18-11-2006, 00:00.

Comment

Get in! VG+ are shipping mine on Monday with Zelda! 8)

Comment

Updated list

Ok, I got all nerdy & imported the VG+ orders list into Excel and updated those who've cancelled.

The handy thing about having the list in Excel is that it's easy to renumber all the subsequent order numbers when removing those who have cancelled. The depressing thing about importing the list into Excel is that it's easy to do maths based on the actual VG+ order number, and see the effect it has on my queue position.

I exported from Excel into HTML, but couldn't include it in the body of my post, so this sophisticated table is here:

Note that the "position from first known order number" is based on your order number minus Mad Gear's order number. So maybe Mad Gear ordered a game on a separate order number before hexed got his order in, or maybe there's some Canadian dude with a Wii order in position between them.

So if we assume that VG+ have been given 14 Wiis at launch & AllYourBase is getting the last of them then, based on NTSC queue position, things look rosy for Ouenben's chances of getting one out of the second delivery. But based on order number, things don't look quite so good for him.

I developed a massive smile when I heard the VG+ news in this thread today, but it was wiped off my face when saw myself at position 32 of the known NTSC-uk order numbers, yet position 86 of all the VG+ order numbers. But I think there's probably room for optimism, because I figure that many of the order numbers are for games only (place 1st order for console, pay, buy games only once place is secured in the queue, but still before poor old mission).

If anyone feels it's inappropriate for me to be posting this list then please let me know & I'll take it down. Best to email me, as I'm only reading the forum once a day at the moment.

I will SO know how better how to place a pre-order next time a new console is released - expect to see me at the top of the queue for the PS4 in 2016!!

Stroller.

Comment

I kept my VG+ preorder and I'm getting a unit, and I've got one coming from PA.

One second I have no Wii's, next I have 2 on the way >_<

On the positive, I'm gettting a Wii. Or two.

I have emailed PA asking them to cancel that order, if it's too late, I'll have a console for sale. I'll be asking for nothing but the cost of the console+deliv, customs charge if there is one, and deliv. to your house.
                      Last edited by sj33; 18-11-2006, 05:25.

Comment

Shakey_Jake, I'll definitely take you up on that, if only so my money does not go to DVDBO, I'm so pissed off with them right now.

Comment

Yeah!! That's the business!

Originally posted by sidney
                          Hello Darren,

I am emailing you to inform you that your wii preorders will be shipping out next week on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Your order consists of :

*Nintendo Wii Console

*Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

*Excite Truck

*Red Steel

*Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

If there is any other games on preorder for the Nintendo Wii we will

ship them out as soon as they are either released or quantity becomes

available.

Thanks,
                          Sidney
                          Videogamesplus.ca
                          Customer Service Representative
                          Last edited by AllYourBase; 18-11-2006, 12:07.

Comment

FOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Nice one, AllYourBase!

Comment

Originally posted by Strolls

I developed a massive smile when I heard the VG+ news in this thread today, but it was wiped off my face when saw myself at position 32 of the known NTSC-uk order numbers...
                              Hey, consider yourself lucky, I'm number 53 on our list!

Comment

The fact that "position from first known order number" spreads out towardsthe end may be a good thing... It seems the rush stopped (since the server was super responsive when I ordered) so it's probably just "normal" orders which may or may not be a Wii.

Hurrah! At least up to 25 have shiiped!

Comment

Working...
                                X