No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeeeez. I've asked him if he'll do UPS. Let'see what he says.

Comment

Cock Joust

That's what springs to mind when I think of my luck concerning this launch.

Comment

Got my Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

Got no custom charges or nothing thanks to the very kind Ebay member! Just had a quick go ( like 10 mins ) now i gotta go work for 8 hours! Oh the Agony!

Still not as bad as the agony of Composite! Red Steel looked like an N64 Game

Still anyway its a goddamn Wii!!!!

Edit : Btw mine was ?200 delivered via USPS 6 - 10 Days i ordered on the 24th Nov.

Comment

Just had to pay customs charges to DHL for ?38.84. VG+ marked the goods as $250. Bit of a bitch but I know in the long run I am better off not going PAL with the Wii from past experience with NOE!

Comment

That's bad luck mate. VG+ marked mine as $20CAD 'Competition winner' o.o

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
              That's bad luck mate. VG+ marked mine as $20CAD 'Competition winner' o.o
              I am not not impressed with VG+ over this, I had asked them to ship the games separately and mark the price as low as they felt they could get away with on the Wii console, what I got instead was all 4 games shipped with the Wii and priced at $250 for customs - OK not the end of the world, but it does come as a bit of a let down as they've been so good in helping me beat customs in the past!
              Last edited by AllYourBase; 05-12-2006, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
                Just had to pay customs charges to DHL for ?38.84. VG+ marked the goods as $250. Bit of a bitch but I know in the long run I am better off not going PAL with the Wii from past experience with NOE!

I've had my letter sitting on my desk all morning as i've been too afraid to open it

Whatever the charge is they won't get a sniff of my money till next year.

Comment

Import Madness just called me asking me not to cancel my stuff as they were getting stock in tomorrow (Wii's included) and I'd have my games and accessories monday/tuesday.

Fat load of good those are with no console.

Comment

So why did they cancel mine with no explanation?

What the hell is going on?

Comment

Derek also called me, but with a completely different story. He said that their order had been cut and that he couldn't guarantee consoles before Christmas. He offered a full refund, but with the 'sweetner' of keeping my place in the list just in case I can't find a machine before they get some in. I took the refund, but I have no intention of buying from them even if they do get stock in. I dare say I'll pick up a PAL console in the meantime or wait for VG+.

Comment

my cancellation that i requested lastnight by way of a nasty email as gone through. very fast service with the refund i must say!

will wait it out until next year and use VG+ i think

Comment

This launch in general seems to have exposed a real hole in online service - lack of information. Not just IM. Many others seem to be going through the same thing (as I am right now with Yesasia having sent them four emails since saturday and not getting a reply to one of them).

I think most of us would be quite understanding of delays, availability issues, shipping problems, price fluctuations and so on if we were kept informed of our exact status all the way through.

It's all a bit pox really.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                            This launch in general seems to have exposed a real hole in online service - lack of information.
                            People are having the same problem with in-store orders with the UK launch, so it's not an online-specific problem.

Comment

Well, remember that we're ordering from "indie" stores who aren't going to have as many people on hold to answer all our questions. I wouldn't be surprised if the guys answering the torrents of emails are the same guys who are running around the warehouse with duct tape and crates of consoles.

Comment

My wii has arrived and even though there is a customs charge of ?57 on the package, the Parcelforce worker did not ask for it!!! Does anyone think I'll get a bill or have I got away with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X