No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please forgive the (possibly) rather daft question, but does anyone know what the current situation is at VG+ with regards to Wii stock ? I'm picking up a PAL one on Friday, but would like to order a US one from VG+ as soon as they're in stock. I haven't emailed VG+, as I'm guessing that they could be pretty fed up with Wii questions & I didn't want to bother them. Are there many people here still waiting ?

Comment

I am 44th in the queue and still waiting. I think t here are probably ~70 or 80 people in their queue (some people here are way after me and I'm sure they won't be the last to have ordered). They did say they might get some in before Christmas *after having filled all pre orders), but it seems to me that they are getting stock very slowly...

Comment

Ah right. Cheers. So I'm probably looking at mid/end January then.

Comment

Well i just called, he quoted me an Amtrak reference number and told me he's going to get onto them to get the tracking number for 9pm tonight. He said it should be here tomorrow...the fact that he gave me a reference number makes me think it's more than just his lies this time...but we'll see.

Comment

got my refund from IM. they processed it lightng quick. which means only one thing. cant deliver...literally

gona enjoy my wii sitting at hme in its box. gona get naked tonight...

Comment

Yep, I talked to Derrick (or whatever his name is). He also refunded me. He said that Nintendo cut them short and that they won't be able to ship any consoles before christmas.

Comment

yeah the queue at VG+ is still pretty long. I was 100th in the queue and i only think they've shipped around 30. I've pretty much given up on getting it before christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by batong
                  Yep, I talked to Derrick (or whatever his name is). He also refunded me. He said that Nintendo cut them short and that they won't be able to ship any consoles before christmas.
                  What number did you call so I can ring and cancel this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzla
                    What number did you call so I can ring and cancel this evening.
                    I called the London number, 02079932426.

Comment

One more thing, I got a number that I could use to check if the transaction was going like it was supposed to. Where do I use this number? It seems like I can't use it on Worldpay's homepage.

Comment

emailed to cancel my order with IM too, what a bunch of assholes, hope they die painfully

Comment

haha i guess i'm the only one whose keeping my order with IM?
                          i actually don't care how long it takes
                          nintendo could've delayed the release... it's not like i can't live without it
                          plus i can just go play on my gf's brother's one if i really want - their dad pre-ordered a UK one with zelda

Comment

So, where is the best place to get a US Wii now?

Comment

Originally posted by taijix
                              haha i guess i'm the only one whose keeping my order with IM?
                              i actually don't care how long it takes
                              nintendo could've delayed the release... it's not like i can't live without it
                              plus i can just go play on my gf's brother's one if i really want - their dad pre-ordered a UK one with zelda

i don't care how long it takes to get one from an alternate supplier now i'm cancelling with IM.

what i do care about is using my money to fund the wages of pieces of **** like "derek" who thinks it's acceptable to flat out lie to customers.

Comment

I guess it's the expensive shops that you could buy from. I'm talking about YesAsia and Play-Asia. There?s also ebay.

Comment

Working...
                                X