No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You get it everywhere people like myself just want a wii ASAP and will go that little bit further.

It's my life. I have to do it. I paid 90 quid for Perfect Dark on the n64 for it to be with me a little bit early

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
      You get it everywhere people like myself just want a wii ASAP and will go that little bit further.

It's my life. I have to do it. I paid 90 quid for Perfect Dark on the n64 for it to be with me a little bit early
      I understand wanting one ASAP - since VG+ failed to deliver, I have been scanning ebay wishing they were cheaper, but I can't justify it even though I can afford it. I could understand it if we were talking months and months but we are talking a week or two.

Oh well, each to their own. I had both a UK and US Gamecube and PS2, so I might as well carry on the tradition!

Comment

I have some games & controllers on the way to me, an SD card already in my possession & a component cable on order with Playasia. I won't be ordering a US Wii until I can get one for under ?200 though.

I quite like spreading the cost of it all like this - doesn;t feel like the CC is taking such a hammering.

Comment

Anyone had any news from IM? I've tried phoning them since 1pm but no one's picking up.

If this really has shipped I'd like to know when it's going to get here!

Comment

Yay, after over a week, my parcel status has finally been updated and is on its way to the Parcelforce depot.

Looks like I'll be making another trip there tomorrow (I went last week to pick up a Wii-sized parcel, only to find upon getting home that it contained a tub of protein powder ).

Comment

Originally posted by peo
              Why others who obviously have the money to get both UK and US are paying over the odds for just a US machine rather than following my proposed route? Have I missed something?
              You're not missing anything, you just have a different outlook. Some people simply don't want to wait - to each there own - I've no issue with that anymore than I have with people spending ?600+ on a PS3. I think it's blowing money that could be spent on a mountain of DS games, but not everyone thinks as I do.

I could quite happily afford it, I just see more games I could by for the cash instead; I want value for money as my priority, but again that value is different for each person, I guess that's the bottom line - to some ?300 to play the new Zelda IS value for money.

Comment

Just got a status update from VG+, they're sending my Wii I was number 9 on the second batch list

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia
                  Anyone had any news from IM? I've tried phoning them since 1pm but no one's picking up.

If this really has shipped I'd like to know when it's going to get here!
                  yes i do after a while trying to get someone i just spoke to Derek. The wiis have cleared customs now, and in 4 hours or so Amtrak are collecting to commence delivery. He said tracking is being assigned and wud send me mine on Sunday. So i can expect to get my order Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Looks like its finally happening...

Now will my YA order get here 1st

anyway il sell the extra wii here as others have said.

ho ho ho

Comment

Well, my Wii is here! Good god Wii Sports Tennis is tiring, I can't use my right arm properly! I guess I didn't practice wanking enough in my recent teen years. Scared to connect it to the web...

Comment

What time did you phone IM mate? And with what number? They haven't been answering my calls all night. But it looks like i'm a part of that one that cleared customs...

Comment

check your PM m8

Comment

Lyris, was it your IM order that turned up?

Comment

Nah, he got it brought in off a friend. I wish it was the IM one! Lol.

Comment

Nope! My own "personally imported" one.

Comment

rofl, IM Wii's turning up, thats a good one

Comment

Working...
                                X