US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 person from what I can gather.

What time can you ring the UK line? 5PM?

Comment

6pm.

i stunk up a HUGE fuss and they sent it from the US warehouse that day and i demanded a tracking number right there.

they did it all and arrived in 2 days!!! call the actual canada number (the 900 one) ull get thru and demand it.

cant believe these supposed units that had arrived in the uk still haevnt been sorted yet. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas
        Fed ex will charge you about ?70 on a $459 declartion , and you will get a bill within 14 days, i just have for my wii which i get on the 30th Nov. they just pay it for you to clear the package quickly.
        And if they paid it for you, but didn't tell you about it (thus not giving you the opportunity to say "I'm not paying ?70, send it back"), then surely you can get away with not paying it?

Comment

NO you will be invoiced ,and if you dont pay it they send a reminder and then threaten court action, you will also be blacklisted for credit as well, so its better to just pay it.

Comment

I have ignored two customs bills so far and gotten away with it , however, they were addressed to my company and not me

Comment

Well, I got mine this morning, and I'm moving on Friday, so I'll never know if I get billed for import duty or not.

I still reckon you could easily get away with claiming that you wouldn't have accepted the goods if you'd known about the charge though, as long as you spoke to the right person in the right way.

Comment

Quick question:

On further inspection, my US Wii came with one of those wee shaver adapters that you use to change a two-pronged plug into a three-pronged one...surely you can't just use that to plug the Wii in directly though? Answers on a postcard please...

Comment

Don't think so, check the bottom of the transformer itself, it only says 110v I believe.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Does anyone know if you can use the same stepdown for the Wii as the one used for the GC? Just curious. Seen a few suggestions that it draws minimal power, which begs the question: Why the power brick?

Comment

When I tested mine (still kicking myself for agreeing to wrap it up for Christmas!) I did so using the same stepdown I used for my GC/PS2, so yes, works fine.

Comment

I use my PS2/GC stepdown

Comment

Awesome. I can just pull the lead straight from the GC to the Wii. Means I won't have easy access to my JP GC games, but then I can't remember the last time I played one anyway.

Comment

Just wondering if anyone could or would care to coment on availability of Wii's in the US and more specifically NYC. Is there a good/constant flow of stock coming in now or is it still relatively difficult to get a machine...?

My sis is off for the wkend on Thurs and so have asked her to pick me one up but she isn't gonna go scrambling around looking everywhere that's for sure.

So I've said look in Nintendo World at the Rockerfeller Centre and ToysRUs in Times Square and/or Union Square. Any other suggestions perhaps...?

Tis a Chrimbo present so will be most distressed if she can't get one...

Comment

Also worth a try Game(stop?) on Broadway near washington square park

Comment

Ta, she's staying in Soho so not far away.

Anyone else care to comment...?

Comment

Working...
                                X