UK Wii pre-orders Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Wii pre-orders Thread

Just ordered my UK Wii at Play.com. I realise that the price and release date are specualtion and they cocked-up the 360 pre-orders but it still gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside hitting the 'buy now' button!

EDIT BY DH - made this into a general UK pre-order thread.
    Last edited by VR46; 15-09-2006, 19:29.
    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

do play charge your credit card straight away or charge it on dispatch on pre orders?

Comment

They won't charge until dispatch, if they ever dispatch that is

Comment

I've pre-ordered the machine at Play as well. But I'll wait for the games, they'll probably be some vouchers floating around the net for other companies to make the games cheaper.

Comment

Gamestation have started instore. ?20 deposit.

Comment

As play dont charge until dispatch figured its worth a shot.

Anybody know if HMV/Virgin/Game Oxford Street is likely to have anything special for Wii launch? Maybe Shigsy coming down

And if so, I am guessing I should go preorder v soon!

Comment

After some umming and ahhhing i'm gonna go for a US/Pal combo. I'll see what's what and take into consideration region coding, game pricing, game launch dates (ie metroid/mario and any other big hitters) then just sell the one i don't need.

Comment

I have a preorder at Play too just in case I go PAL.
                I also have a place on Play-Asia's list, but if they mark it up by too much come launch I'll be cancelling/waiting.

Comment

I've got a pre-order at Play.com and I'll put down my deposit at Gamestation on Monday.

Comment

Pre-ordering mine at GameStation first thing in the morning. I figure if we get shafted by Nintendo Europe on anything I can always flog it and buy a US one later on. I'd also rather buy from a retail outlet so I can pick it up rather than worrying about getting home in time to sign for a delivery or arse around with collecting it from the depot.

EDIT - GameStation Poole branch pre-order #4 I also have the launch day off by sheer chance - I asked to have my last week of holiday booked in and it was the only week available
                    Last edited by MattyD; 16-09-2006, 10:48.

Comment

Just placed my Play pre-order, I'm assuming from the initial talk of numbers, that there won't be the same stock problems as with the 360.

Comment

Our local GS had 300 fully paid 360 pre-orders and got 3 360's in .......

Comment

Just remembered that Dixons are web based only now, which is why I couldn't find the store locator button on their site >_>

I ordered from Play just in case, but once gameplay or GAME start in store then I wil cancel Play.

Are HMV good for launches?

Comment

Ive lost my Recipt for a ps3 pre order at GS you think if i take id in i could swap it for a wii pre order?

Comment

Best to just ask em mate, we're useless to you here

Comment

Working...
                              X