No announcement yet.

That missed bargain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just convincing myself to get a GBA before lunchtime, then returning after lunch to find that GBA SP bargain had been and gone in a microsecond

Comment

Dunno that I've missed too many to be honest - I have a severe problem where if I see something I want I instantly whip my Mastercard out and purchase.

My motto has always been buy now, think later .

Actually, no, I lie. Last week there was a Bubble Bobble arcade machine on Ebay and it went for ?100. Would have loved to have that, and in retrospect I wish I had put in a bid. Would have had to store it somewhere highly inconvenient like the bathroom, but it would have been ace.

Comment

Missed it by minutes last week!

That game for the XBox with the HUGE controller. Some mech game. In our local paper so I rang to buy it and to ask if it was a typo. It had just gone. And for TEN. BLOODY. POUNDS!

Bit gutted.

Comment

Steel Battallion

Comment

Originally posted by sam1981 View Post
            Steel Battallion
            They had that in one of my local Gamestations a while back selling for ?150, ?10 was a steal!

Comment

Dead Space. ?34.99 in Zavvi yesterday, today it's back up to full price. Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
                They had that in one of my local Gamestations a while back selling for ?150, ?10 was a steal!
                I told myself I would sell it on, but having looked through the 8 large packing boxes of gaming memorabilia for my PS2, Buzz and controllers yesterday (why do I keep things separate?) I knew deep down I'm a hoarder.

Comment

Once I went to my local cash converters and they were selling off their snes games for ?3 each, I was young therefore I didnt have much money on me, I decided to buy sunset riders and williams arcade classics...not a bad deal until you consider secret of mana was among the games as well! Also missed out on an unboxed copy of Suikoden for a fiver, went to get some money...but alas, it was too late

Comment

Gamestation in Yeovil 2x Panzer Dragoon Saga for under a tenner, the next day my pay day they were £150 + each

Comment

Here's a lesson for many of these lost bargins. When you go off to the cash machine/bank ask the shop to put the game asside for you until you go get the money. Every shop I've asked to do this has done so, no problems.

I'll give you all my personal kicker.

Brought a Virtual Boy, deciding what games to get I chose Warioland over VB Gundam. (VD Gundam was at last time checking = 300 pounds)

Comment

i used to work in a popular import store about 8 years ago and i noticed a bag behind the counter that someone had traded in. inside was an unboxed japanese saturn with radiant silvergun, burning rangers and bomberman. the price: ?35 to me. I was going to buy it but i didn't know much about the games in the bag at the time and the bloke i worked with managed to convince me that they were all pretty ****. how depressing eh?

On a more positive note, the week after release, someone traded in a mint pal copy of samba de amigo with maraccas. ?15! bargainous!

Comment

Working...
                        X