No announcement yet.

Am I alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, OK. Still a bit undecided. Thanks for the information Importaku!

I think I might just cram some katakana before it comes. I've got three weeks.

Comment

You are not alone

I am here with you

Comment

Ok im now done ordering & im oficially skint

Hajimete no wii
        Odoru made in wario
        Zelda no densetsu twilight princess
        Super monkey ball Uki Uki Party
        Cadeceus Z
        Kororinpa
        Elebits
        Ennichi no tatsujn
        Official wii Component av cable
        Official wii S-Video av cable
        Official nintendo wii SD memory card 512MB
        Wii remote controller
        Nunchuk controller
        5000 wii points card with free classic controller

cant wait for my 3 week Wii holiday over dec, nothing like a new jpn console launch to get you excited over xmas. Haven been this hyped sincs the jpn ds xmas launch (^_^)

Comment

Importaku, why did you buy the official Nintendo SD card? It's $40, so about ~?21 for 512MB right? For about ?18 online you can buy a Kingston 2GB card in the UK, and the card is only going to be shoved into the machine anyway :/.

Plus, you know Hajimete no Wii comes with a remote right? So you'll have three remotes but just two nunchuks. You might know that already but I just thought I'd say in case.

Comment

I'm gonna go for a Japanese machine all my Game Cube games are Japanese anyway. I don't have the cash right now but when i do which may be Jan i hope to buy one.

Comment

I'd be getting a Japanese machine although I can't think what it'd be like playing Metroid in Japanese now that it's so dialogue heavy. I'd imagine I'd be missing out on 50% of the game with scanning stuff seeming futile.

Comment

Assuming there will be no problems with running a US Wii in Europe (network stuff) I'll be getting a US one. For me the few interesting games that won't make it to the west do not weigh up against the major inconvenience of messing about with translation guides and walkthroughs for text heavy games.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot
                  Importaku, why did you buy the official Nintendo SD card? It's $40, so about ~?21 for 512MB right? For about ?18 online you can buy a Kingston 2GB card in the UK, and the card is only going to be shoved into the machine anyway :/.

Plus, you know Hajimete no Wii comes with a remote right? So you'll have three remotes but just two nunchuks. You might know that already but I just thought I'd say in case.
                  Yeah im aware that ill have 3 remotes & 2 nunchucks but im planning on multiplayer fun so its nice to have an extra spare remote. Not all games need the nunchuck, so i thought id skip a 3rd one.

As for the sd card, i wanted a official nintendo one as some of them apparently work really slow with the wii. At least if i get a nintendo one it will be ok, plus i dont intend to fill it with tons of stuff. Im just using it to back up my saves.

Comment

With Freeloader apparently working on the console I don't suppose it matters what region we now buy.

Comment

Freeloader does not allow the loading of other region Wii games - they're still locked out ... until such time a solution is found with another product or hardware switch or chip - so it does still matter, if you want games in English rather than Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
                        Ok im now done ordering & im oficially skint

Hajimete no wii
                        Odoru made in wario
                        Zelda no densetsu twilight princess
                        Super monkey ball Uki Uki Party
                        Cadeceus Z
                        Kororinpa
                        Elebits
                        Ennichi no tatsujn
                        Official wii Component av cable
                        Official wii S-Video av cable
                        Official nintendo wii SD memory card 512MB
                        Wii remote controller
                        Nunchuk controller
                        5000 wii points card with free classic controller

cant wait for my 3 week Wii holiday over dec, nothing like a new jpn console launch to get you excited over xmas. Haven been this hyped sincs the jpn ds xmas launch (^_^)
                        Good man, glad to see another splurging at launch. I'm getting the following with my JPN Wii:

Necro Nesia
                        Ennichi no Tatsujin
                        Hajimete no Wii
                        Super Swing Golf Pangya
                        Odoru Made in Wario
                        Wing Island

Plus Bleach coming a few days after launch

Course since I also dropped a grand on a JPN PS3 and 3 games and am buying 5 games with my launch US Wii, I bet I'm more skint that you are!

Comment

I expect muchos impressions of Necro Nesia from all you peeps grabbin' JPN Wii goodness. (^_^)

Comment

Working...
                          X