No announcement yet.

The 'I Have My PAL Wii' Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really bummed about this 50hz crap as well, but if I import a US Wii, I won't be able to buy the PAL or US virtual console games, right?
    Nope, you'll be able to buy the US ones on the ridiculously good exchange rate and get 60hz on every game! Have been enjoying Sonic and Ristar this way since Friday

Comment

You can by US VC games on a US machine, you need to import I believe Wii points cards to buy them however

Comment

Actually if you set your country to Brazil, you can buy them through your TV with a credit card. Apparently that's because the Brazilian credit card system only checks that the card name and post code match (it doesn't ask for any other address details).

Comment

Ah, nothing too fiddly, then! Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShowstoppa
            haha gamestation mansfield just admitted to me on the blower that all their preorder drop outs have all been snapped up by staff.

personally i think this stinks as i probably would have got one for launch if it wasnt for that fact(i was 7 or 8 past their allocated numbers)

instead people who were never even on the preorder list have been sorted out and mugs like me are left high and dry!
            I don't work for Gamestation. I was number 1 on their pre-order list though. That's why I got one. They didn't cancel ANYONES pre-order for me to get mine. I pre-ordered the day they started taking orders. My girlfriend is the assistant manager there. THAT is why I got it early. Staff were allowed to have them as soon as they came in. ALL members of staff pre-ordered their consoles too. I only ordered a PAL unit as a back-up. I always import. My USA one was D.O.A so I had to fall back on my UK pre-order. Who are you anyway. I'm the manager at Gamejam, and all of our consoles have been allocated. Imagine that eh, me a manager, and I still had to get one from a competitor. Blame Nintendo for you not getting one.

I don't know why you were told that the drop-outs went to staff becasue this is not the case. As I said above. EVERY member of staff pre-ordered their consoles on the day the orders started. You were given incorrect information.
            Last edited by phorenzik; 06-12-2006, 08:54.

Comment

Originally posted by phorenzik
              I don't work for Gamestation. I was number 1 on their pre-order list though. That's why I got one. They didn't cancel ANYONES pre-order for me to get mine. I pre-ordered the day they started taking orders. My girlfriend is the assistant manager there. THAT is why I got it early. Staff were allowed to have them as soon as they came in. ALL members of staff pre-ordered their consoles too. I only ordered a PAL unit as a back-up. I always import. My USA one was D.O.A so I had to fall back on my UK pre-order. Who are you anyway. I'm the manager at Gamejam, and all of our consoles have been allocated. Imagine that eh, me a manager, and I still had to get one from a competitor. Blame Nintendo for you not getting one.

I don't know why you were told that the drop-outs went to staff becasue this is not the case. As I said above. EVERY member of staff pre-ordered their consoles on the day the orders started. You were given incorrect information.
              i was told that they were not allowed to preorder originally and so they got the drop outs from the initial batch??

dont know what the hell thats all about then, but they should be careful what they say on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShowstoppa
                i was told that they were not allowed to preorder originally and so they got the drop outs from the initial batch??

dont know what the hell thats all about then, but they should be careful what they say on the phone.
                It's strange. As far as I knew they were allowed to pre-order the same as everyone else. What they told you on the phone certainly isn't a good public image they have painted for themselves.

Sorry for going off topic....

Comment

Picked up my Australian PAL Wii at the midnight launch this morning There were about 200 people there and it took me 2 hours, but it was worth it. Just didn't have much time to play with it before having to go to sleep.

Can't wait to get home to play some more.

Interestingly, this is the first console I've got on the launch day since the original PlayStation.

James.

Comment

Yep - also nabbed mine at the Australian midnight launch, although thank christ it didn't take me 2 hours... Got home and had a quick blast on Wii Sports and what can i say - it's fab! Zelda and Monkey Ball are just waiting to be unwrapped at home, and I finish work in about 10 minutes - hurray!

Comment

2 things, not surprised that the VC games are 50 hz. Seriously did anyone think that they would recode a game for very little profit? Its the initial batch so maybe this might change.

As for staff/relatives getting them early, not a problem really. If people really wanted the Wii then they should've pre-ordered. Anyway, hope to get my PAL one tomorrow if i can't i'm happy to wait.

Comment

As NecronomiconUK requested, keep to his original question please.
                        Thanks.
                        Last edited by charlesr; 07-12-2006, 09:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser
                          2 things, not surprised that the VC games are 50 hz. Seriously did anyone think that they would recode a game for very little profit?
                          I didn't, the thing here though is that the software emulator (which will have been written for the Wii) is what dictates the scan rate. The ROM images themselves are not optimised for PAL. This means they could *easily* add an option to run almost all games in 60hz.

Get a Windows emulator and flip between video standards during a game - you'll see the speed difference.

Comment

Working...
                          X