No announcement yet.

Nunchuck cable is rubbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What puzzle me why do classic controller need to use the remote. (Assuming that is correct)

Comment

The classic controller plugs into the remote in the same way as the nunchuk.

So it's semi-wireless I s'pose.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
        What puzzle me why do classic controller need to use the remote.
        Probably just to make it cheaper to manufacture.

Comment

I'd pay the extra ?10 (?24?) for a wireless retro controller.

Comment

Surely without the cable it wouldn't be a nunchuck at all? Unless ninja's are now jumping about with the wireless variety too?

Comment

Can you imagine how many morons would start throwing nunchucks at the TV if it wasn't wired?

90% of the population would be holding the nunchuck in their weaker hand.

What puzzle me why do classic controller need to use the remote.
              Batteries, I'd think. I think there'd be a lot more complaints than there is in this thread if you had to buy eight batteries every 30 hours for two player gaming and then two more on top for a VC pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirotic
                I'd pay the extra ?10 (?24?) for a wireless retro controller.
                ............and there we have the winning answer.

Don't give you all the goodies up front, get you to pay for them. Nintendo are not cash rich for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez
                  ............and there we have the winning answer.

Don't give you all the goodies up front, get you to pay for them. Nintendo are not cash rich for nothing.
                  Like don't release wavebird till everyone's already bought a 2nd controller.

Comment

Yeah, you'd need a wrist strap for the nunchuk then too, which might be hard to put on once you've strapped up the Wiimote... The cable's slightly on the short side for Wii Boxing, but as long as it doesn't damage the controller I don't care. Some people are never happy...

Comment

The cable adds to the comedy when doing the running events in Rayman, imo

Comment

I have to agree that the cable is rubbish, it has started to twist more and more often and its a danger when playing the running games (and similar games) on Rayman.

Comment

It doesn't look like there's going to be an official one soon; so i'm considering 3rd parties.

There's several on the market now - has anyone tried them?

I'm thinking of this Intec one with built in LiIon rechargable via USB.

Comment

Pick one up soon as nintendo is suing the arse of the company that makes them because of the fact they look too similar to their own design, so soon, there may not be any to buy at all.

Comment

Nintendo's only suing Nyko. But there's about 5 different models on amazon uk. Gamestation also stocks loads of the Competition Pro ones, which are even more similar in design to the official wired one.

Comment

Working...
                              X