Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What bargains have you picked up? (The Bragging Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up a brand new factory sealed copy of Dragon Quest VII off of eBay the other day for a bargainous ?5.83

Comment

I got a preplayed but mint copy of Ico for ?9, inc. delivery from VG+

Comment

Today I picked up a used copy of Wacky Races for the DC in rather good condition from Gamestation for a bargainous ?4.99

I also got a new albeit unsealed copy of Final Fantasy Anthology for the PS1 from WHSmith for ?4.99

Pretty good bargains methinks

Comment

Harvest Moon on GC for ?4.99 at blockbuster You may want to try your local blockbuster but i suspect its a mis-price.

Comment

I got Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the DC yesterday. 22 pounds. Kinda expensive for an oldie, but it seems the PAL edition is extremely wanted. The auction had a ton of biddings at the end. Still, it is the best version... or so they say.

I also got Rocket Knight Adventures, Mega Turrican (US), Super Street Fighter 2, Toejam & Earl 2 and the Master System Convertor for the Megadrive yesterday.

Still waiting for my Neo Geo Pocket Color, which was about 23 euro... the silver coloured edition, boxed.

Comment

went to the tip today to dump some old carpet and general ****e after decorating my 3 year olds bed room

- came back with a Megadrive2 and a Snes, all leads and pads for both, and the cherry on the top was Yoshi's Island sticking out the top of the snes - bunged the bloke working at the tip ?2.

top stuff 8)

Comment

I popped in to Chameleon Club today just on the off chance that they'd have some good deals on. I tend not to go there because the staff are always part timers and f*ck up all the time. I've had them give me Samba De Amigo not Ver.2000 like I wanted. saw them take out the spines then throw them in to the bin just before they hand my the game !! They've even forgotten to put games in the bag. Well today was no exception. I wanted the 2nd Sengoku Turb for the Dreamcast which is quite rare. So I took it to the counter, bought it, then left the shop. "Wait a minute" I thought. Knowing quite well thet they had probably given me the wrong disc. So I looked in to the CD case and yep, they f*cked up again. They had given me the first Sengoku Turb. Bloody idiots !! Anyway, I did find some great deals there today. First up was Rainbow Cotton for Dreamcast BRAND NEW for only 2300 yen. This isn't that cheap but considering it is one of my "Holly Grail" games and that how rare the game has become, plus being was new, I didn't have to think twice about picking it up. Second was Formula 1 Grand Prix for Dreamcast part II. This is also become hard to find. This one set me back 1800 yen. Again not cheap but it's been well over a year since I last saw it in these parts. So I have my self two nice Dreamcast games. I walk to the counter and spot a Saturn 105yen bargain bin !!! Everything 105yen !!! Most of it was ****e or stuff I already have but I did pick up a factory sealed Necronomicon Digital Pinball (the follow up to Behind The Mask) for Saturn. This is one of the best video game pinball games out there. Also got Alone in the dark II for Saturn. So I was just about to pay for the Saturn and Dreamcast games when suddenly out of the corner of my eye I spotted a Neo Geo Pocket Colour cart with a JUNK sticker on it. The cart looked super minty, so I picked it up and asked the staff how much it was. He replied 150 yen !! 150 yen did you say? I asked. Thinking that the guy had made a mistake. It was no mistake though. He told me that it probably didn't work. So I took the chance and bought it. After all, 150yen is only 74 pence / 1.09 Euro / 1.31 Dollars (think that should cover most readers :P) So I got home and popped the NGP game in to the Neo Geo Pocket Colour to test it out. It worked perfectly. Oh, the game was Ogre Battle.

Anyway, how about some pictures from my "off chance" trip to Chameleon Club.

SATURN - Necromicon

SATURN - Alone In The Dark II

DREAMCAST - Rainbow Cotton

DREAMCAST - Formula 1 Grand Prix For Dreamcast part II

NEOGEO POCKET COLOUR - Ogre Battle

Yakumo

Comment

I bought Dark Cloud and Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 (both Canadian, Dark Cloud being the Greatest Hits version) preowned from Videogames Plus for a total of just over ?18 which included free shipping. Seeing as GAME had Dark Cloud pre-owned for ?29.97 the other week and Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 is not even available here I think that was a good deal.

Comment

Would a flawless copy of guardian heroes (PAL) picked up in gamestsation be considered a bargain for ?7.99?

Comment

Managed to pick up Drac X for the PC Engine for ?47, mint disc, near mint manual, no spine. Pretty nice bargain as they usually go for ?25 to ?30 more than that

Also, got Fatal Fury 2 for the PCE for $0.99+P&P is effectively $2 as it's being shipped with another game!

Got a Core Grafx(system only) for just over ?11 shipped from Hong Kong(I feel sorry for the seller, he's almost definitely made a loss on this!!).

$23.50 shipped for Newzealand Story PC Engine (mint)

Dodonpachi PSX ?35ish+p&p

Metal Slug X JPN PSX (original release), mint $20 shipped

Hana Taka Daka aka Long Nose Goblin PCE $28.50 shipped

Super Mario Kart SFC ?5.50 ish+P&P

Umihara Kawase SFC (very near mint, very nice for an item of this age), $35.50 shipped

Bare Knuckle 3 JPN MD mint, ?23ish+p&p

I don't know why but I've been very lucky recently on eBay, I've won a lot of games at a LOT less than what I've been willing to pay (in some cases, less than half)
                      Last edited by Geezer; 25-05-2004, 21:54.

Comment

I got a 40GB iPod off an eBay powerseller in the US and it came to the grand total of ?220. Sealed / with a kiss and brand new.

I await maximum braggage.

Lovely stuff.

Comment

Bare Knuckle 2 for the MD for $21.50 shipped
                          Last edited by Geezer; 26-05-2004, 14:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginza
                            I got a 40GB iPod off an eBay powerseller in the US and it came to the grand total of ?220. Sealed / with a kiss and brand new.

I await maximum braggage.

Lovely stuff.

Or at least wait for the VAT bill

Comment

I think this qualifies as a bargain.

N64 Bangaioh
                              N64 Sin & Punishment

Both nr-mint & complete. $25+shipping

Comment

Thoseoftheunlight - No VAT and if i have to pay any taxes or customs stuff they will refund it all. Get in!

Comment

Working...
                                X