Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that the Sky Diving game is now on the Euro PSN. Anyone getting it? Plus the Turok demo is up.

EDIT

Full list from NeoGaf.

Demos:
    Turok
    Conflict: Denied Ops

Games:
    Sky Diving (4,99€)

DLC:
    MotorStorm - Chinese New Year Gift
    Folklore - Malion Pack

Trailer:
    Lost Planet
    Last edited by The Glider; 07-02-2008, 12:27.

Comment

US updates are there already, the Lost Planet MP demo is up there along with some other stuff. Go! Sports Skydiving, a free Chinese new year skin for Motorstorm and some videos.

Comment

Anyone bought the Sky Diving game ?

Comment

What a bad week

Comment

Incidentally, I just switched the information board back on for the first time in ages and it's already showing todays updates (US). Which is nice.

Comment

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update. Downloadable Games Go! Sports Skydiving ($4.99) Go! Sports Skydiving is a skydiving simulator that uses the SIXAXIS wireless controller to twist, turn and pull off tricks. The easy and intuitive motion control allows you to move through the skies into various skydiving team formations [...]

Full details of the US update. I like the look of the Sky Diving game, but I want to know more about it before I pick it up to be honest. I've bought too many PSN games without thinking about them and haven't played them enough.

Comment

Just the fact it's by the same people as the Skiing game made me hold off, will wait for some impressions on Neogaf in the moring. Looks good and polished mind.

Comment

Yeah the videos I saw looked mostly sweet. One of them focused a little too much on the formation diving, which looked like it could be pretty dull, but another video showed it with more of a Pilotwings vibe (Land in a specific place) and that looked like it could be fun.

Hopefully it'll have a decent physics system, taking wind and the like into account. I'd also like to know if you're given the option for analogue control - my guess is no, but I'm hopeful they'll give you the choice. Choice is good.

EDIT: Some impressions, mostly MP though. Tilt only by the look of it.
                  Last edited by Number45; 07-02-2008, 23:14.

Comment

Only had a quick go so I'm not going to say much about it now apart from it's bloody hard at first.

the developers of this don't seem to have anything to do with the skiing game though.

The skiing game was developed by Yukes who develop the SmackDown games.

This was developed by Lightweight who developed the Bushido Blade games for Square on the PS1 and the Kengo games for Genki on the PS2.

I seem to remember that they also developed a DS game but I can't remember what the hell it was now.

EDIT:
                    I've found the DS game.
                    Last edited by JP; 07-02-2008, 23:55.

Comment

I bought the Sky Diving game. Figured at 3.50 it was worth a punt.

A short tutorial sequence runs through the controls. First you hold the shoulder buttons and move the controller to trigger sky diving stunts until the altimeter beeps and you jerk the controler up to trigger your parachute. You then use the analogue stick and tilt the controller to steer and control your descent onto what seems like a very small target. Hitting R1 prepares you to land and you hopefully hit the target.

I flailed a bit with the stunts as the instructions are a web page and my PS3 wasn't connected when I accessed it but flinging the controller about (the next-gen approach to button bashing) seemed to work. You definitely want to leave opening your parachute as late as possible, not only does it scores more bravery points but if you don't you seem to have to wait for an age to land.

Overall I enjoyed it, its no Pixeljunk Monsters but its fun for break, the graphics are crisp and smooth, even if the chunky skydiver is a bit creepy.

Comment

Has anyone else found that the Lost Planet Online demo is extremely hard to actually get a game with. Whenever I try to join a game I either get told the room is full or I get a connection failed message. If I try and create a game then it just sits in the lobby and no-one ever joins it.

Comment

Have SCEE forgotten that Puzzle Fughter and Everyday Shooter exist?

Comment

They have confirmed they will be released in February (a bit like they did for December I know). Strange scenario, you'd think they'd want the revenue ASAP.

Comment

SCEE have also admitted how **** they've been and have promised to fix the situation within six months. Here's hoping, nobody should suffer long delays when it's digitally distributed.

Comment

Anyone still waiting for the EU releases must have a DAMN good reason for not signing up for an www.entropay.com account and buying all the stuff from the US market.

The EU store can get buggered...

Comment

Working...
                                X