GRAW2 (SP Demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
    Theres a 720p music video up for GRAW2 now. Looks like large cityscapes will continue to be a theme.

The explosions are so good it's worth repeating myself.... wowowowo!
    Good point, these are easily the best explosion effects iv'e ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by anephric View Post
      Aha. I didn't think it looked that bad in MP (not like Splinter Cell: DA multiplayer bad), just less shiny and bloomy.
      Weird, I always thought SCS looked alright in multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
        Most game engines could do that, it was just flying over a special super low detail level filled with boxes for buildings. Remember it cuts away before you actually drop down and land, at which point it switches to the regular level detail linear map.
        Yes... I know most engines could do that. I wasn't holding it up as an example of technical proficiency. Few developers do, is what I'm saying. I don't remember any sequence in Gears of War which conveyed quite the same feeling - not to say the game didn't have numerous high points, obviously, just there are things GRAW does visually which Gears doesn't.

Comment

Loved this from playing the Demo, but I loved the first one as well. Graphics look as awesome as ever, sound is top notch..the guns and explosions are amazing. Only gripe is the reloading he he

Will be buying this when it comes out.

Comment

After I broke the helicopter (kept stopping it from landing by standing underneath it until it just froze head height off the ground) it wouldn't let me progress so went to town moving the Mule into a nice position then letting rip with all my nades and smoke grenades - really shows off the new effects they've added. Great fun!

Comment

Aha. I didn't think it looked that bad in MP (not like Rainbow6:Turdass multiplayer bad), just less shiny and bloomy.
              Fixed for you - thank me later

Comment

Yep it's a nice step forwards but to me it's a "Black Arrow" and should be released with a price tag to much.

Also, from the post-demo blurb it looks like co-op campaign will continue to be detached from the SP experience (it states "50% extra co-op campaign") - That's a real crippler for me but I'll be jumping on the bandwagon with everyone else come March

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                  Most game engines could do that, it was just flying over a special super low detail level filled with boxes for buildings. Remember it cuts away before you actually drop down and land, at which point it switches to the regular level detail linear map.

Doesn't it actually pause for quite a while it loads the regular level as well. I was actually impressed by the first level of RB6:V where it flies you over a town and the drops you straight into the action. I was pretty surprised.

Going back to GRAW2, I'm just not getting into this one. The looks haven't wowed me in the same way GRAW did when it first came out and all the little annoyances are still there such as the shoddy reload animation. Also I find the cover system feels really clunky after gears and RB6, I never feel sure if I'm going to stick to anything or not.

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
                  Aha. I didn't think it looked that bad in MP (not like Rainbow6:Turdass multiplayer bad), just less shiny and bloomy.
                  Fixed for you - thank me later
                  Your wrong, I like it.

Comment

I like it. Even though I liked the first game (on hard - normal was too easy) I wasn't that fussed about GRAW2 but this has got me in the mood. Like Summit Strike and Island Thunder, there are small improvements that add up to a much better game, although it's hard to nail exactly how why.

And I thought the game looked lovely. I glad I'm not someone who dissects every graphical nuance like reading from a text book. It's like my mate who slags off bands where the singers don't technically breathe properly (like The Arcade Fire) but the sheer meotion of the 'imperfect' vocals seems to pass him completely by.

Yep it's a nice step forwards but to me it's a "Black Arrow" and should be released with a price tag to much.
                    I thought that at first, but reading the blurb this seems to be a much bigger game than the first GRAW. The previous Tom Clancy 'updates' were budget price, but they were also much smaller (aside from Island Thunder with its ton of free downloadable maps).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pump View Post
                      Your wrong, I like it.
                      Yeah but I wasn't quoting you so what's it got to do with you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pump View Post
                        Doesn't it actually pause for quite a while it loads the regular level as well. I was actually impressed by the first level of RB6:V where it flies you over a town and the drops you straight into the action. I was pretty surprised.
                        Yes, I'll give you that about the original - it was particularly irritating given most reviews talked about the game being totally seamless, with no loading pauses whatsoever, when it could be demonstrated this wasn't true.

Comment

I moved the contents of my post into the Headlines thread, as it was more appropriately placed there:

Comment

Is it me or are we looking at the best graphics on the Xbox 360 so far and yes, that includes the likes of Gears of War, Oblivion and Viva Pinata (despite being different games/genres)?

The demo maybe short but my goodness, it is ever so sweet.

Comment

played through it a second time with focus on the so called "improved AI" - which is unfourtunately not in place, at least not in this demo. enemies run to next cover, hide behind cover, occasionally pop-up from cover and eventually get shot. really bland.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                                Is it me or are we looking at the best graphics on the Xbox 360 so far and yes, that includes the likes of Gears of War, Oblivion and Viva Pinata (despite being different games/genres)?

The demo maybe short but my goodness, it is ever so sweet.
                                It really is just you.

I can't fathom how you could possibly think a thrown together effort like this can possibly beat Gears of War's incredible visuals...!

Comment

Working...
                                X