Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 Publisher's SIMPLE 2000 Series inc PAL EDF2 CONFIRMED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D3 Publisher's SIMPLE 2000 Series inc PAL EDF2 CONFIRMED!

I know there are a few members here that have bought games like THE Oneechanbara/puru & Chikyuu Boueigun, but has anyone else played any of the others?

I'd like your opinions on which I should get first as I'm going for the whole lot!
    Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 27-06-2007, 17:38.

I keep hearing these mentioned on the forums, what are they exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
      I keep hearing these mentioned on the forums, what are they exactly?
      They are a range of budget titles developed by companies like Hunex, Digital Ware, Sandlot & Vingt and published by D3. They are called SIMPLE 2000 because the retail price is 2000 Yen for the older titles and 2100 Yen for many of the newer releases. A lot of them have also been released in the west - Maxxed Out Racing, Zombie Zone, Zombie Virus, EDF, Demolition Girl...

Some are pretty good while others are REALLY bad!

Comment

I got come on baby, thats well worth a look

I played it years ago at ects so i was happy to find this budget release of it.

Its essentially track and field but with little babies dressed up to (stereotypically) represent their respective countries. The events are really strange and funny from electric skipping ropes and rhino slingshotting to rescuing drowning babies and baby face slapping.

I mean yeah, its a bit weak but its great for a quick 2 player blast.

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Comment

I bought Street Boyz as a joke for a mates birthday, but if you really value your sanity, I advise keep well away. That Fishing Fantasy looked good, heard it was like Ocarina of Time mini game, which I love. And because I'm not yet an importer myself, I'm very much looking forward to (Chikyuu Boueigun 2 I think) Global Defence Force . Also interested in Graffiti Kingdom, as kind of liked the idea of that monster creater thingy.
          Last edited by Lawrence Everglades; 13-02-2007, 10:43. Reason: its global defence force, not global defence for 2 you fool everglades! at least i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
            I'm going for the whole lot!
            Do not.

The Daijibin is quite good for a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by katamari View Post
              Do not.

The Daijibin is quite good for a laugh.
              Yeah I keep meaning to pick that up!

Anyway, the thing about the Simple 2000 games is that they are cheap enough for you to buy a couple a week, so it's no big deal really.

Besides, I like crap Japanese imports

Comment

Originally posted by rossman View Post
                I got come on baby, thats well worth a look
                They have a coin-op of this in the Bournemouth Sega Park*

* except now apparently it's not Sega Park but 'the Entertainment Exchange', which sounds like a gay bar

Comment

yeah that's what we played at ects all those years ago. It's a similar setup to the bishi bashi machine. So much fun, you played it?

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                  They have a coin-op of this in the Bournemouth Sega Park*

* except now apparently it's not Sega Park but 'the Entertainment Exchange', which sounds like a gay bar

Comment

I've played it in the Troc, and at Bournemouth Segapark before too...

Didn't realise it'd changed it's name though

Comment

Fishing Fantasy and Grafitti Kingdom aren't Simple 2000 releases from D3.
                      They're not completely unrelated though, cause they've been localised by 505 Gamestreet which have also done many Simple 2000 localisations.

Here is a site that lists nearly all Simple Series games and also their european names (I've there's a Pal release):

But beware, most of these games are just what you'd expect, extremely simple budget titles, and many of them not only look inferior to full price games, they also play like crap. Some of them are centering arund unique or quirky ideas and there are of course some gems, that can compete with higher priced titles.

I haven't played that many of them, but the ones that I would recommend are the following:
                      Simple 2000 Series Vol. 31: The Chikyuu Boueigun (PAL version named "Monster Attack", 50Hz only!)
                      Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81: The Chikyuu Boueigun 2 (PAL version named "Global Defence Force")
                      Simple 2000 Series Vol. 99: The Genshijin (PAL version named "Darwin")
                      Simple 2000 Series Vol.101: The Oneechanpon (no PAL version as of now)
                      Simple 2000 Series 2-in-1 Vol. 5: The Shooting & The Helicopter (no PAL version as of now, but have been released seperately in europe as "Steel Dragon Ex" (50Hz only!) and "Radio Helicopter")
                      Last edited by Ryo Saeba; 13-02-2007, 15:59.

Comment

The Maid Clothes & Machine Gun is a must have!

Comment

As with most Simple 2000 games I'd say, "approach with caution".
                          ->

Not that this reviewers opinion is written in stone, but It's not that unusual to be dissapointed with some Simple 2000 releases, even if they're dirtcheap.

I didn't mentioned it in my post, but to make it clear:
                          Chikyuu Boueigun 2 is the best budget title I've ever played and imo one of the very best games you can experience on your PS2. This (or the PAL version of the first title, if you can't play NTSC games) has to the perfect starting point for everyone even remotely interested in those japanese budget titles imo.
                          Essential Games better get the localisation done, before the third installment for XBox 360 arrives^^'
                          Last edited by Ryo Saeba; 13-02-2007, 22:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            The Maid Clothes & Machine Gun is a must have!
                            Currently on its way to me from Japan!

I wasn't at all impressed with Vol.101 and much prefer THE Onechanpuru. It just seemed to lack the fun element.

Ryo: I'm not so sure I'd agree with you about THE Chikyuu Boueigun 2 being the best budget game. I've been having a whale of a time with Zombie vs Ambulance and Puzzle Collection 2000.

Anyway, I'd beter get back to looking for more titles for the collection! Keep he comments coming.

Comment

Got THE Maid Clothes & Machine Gun yesterday and it's pure quality. Like most of the Simple 2000 game it is indeed simple, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. Yes another to recommend to import gamers.

My collection as of today(Still waiting for a couple of games to arrive):

Bonus points for anyone who can name them!

And DAMN THOSE CERO RATINGS!!! made the spines for the newer releases look wrong compared to the older titles!!
                              Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 21-02-2007, 23:57.

Comment

Working...
                              X