Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minna No Golf 5 - Online No Golf if outside Japan?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minna No Golf 5 - Online No Golf if outside Japan?

Literally only had a couple minutes with it this morning after downloading it from the Japanese PSN, but from what I can tell, it's the same version as they had in the Sony Building in Ginza last-year.

If you've played a Minna No Golf game before then it's pretty much par for the course (see what I did there? ). The demo allows you to pick from either a Male or Female character and I think, the one course.

It looks solid enough, but didn't really have much of an opportunity to get a proper feel for it.

It's really nice, but then Mingol always was. The lighting and self-shadowing on the characters is especially good, and the environments are very nicely detailed. I'm not sold on the new optional control scheme. I'll stick to the default thanks.

Great demo (aside from the horrendous initial load time).

Comment

Yeah, thought mine had locked up at first - and looked **** to boot. Until, I realised I had 720p switched off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
        Yeah, thought mine had locked up at first - and looked **** to boot. Until, I realised I had 720p switched off.
        Same here, thought the PS3 had frozen on me

Really looking forward to this game, hopefully there will be global tournaments etc. on PSN.

Comment

Is this available on the HK store?

Comment

I believe it is.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
              Is this available on the HK store?
              It is thats where I got it from

Comment

The new control system.....is it just the same but without indication? Seemed it to me.
                Mingol is always good fun - very underrated series methinks. I'll be picking up the new one straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                  The new control system.....is it just the same but without indication? Seemed it to me.
                  Mingol is always good fun - very underrated series methinks. I'll be picking up the new one straight away.

Control system - Think so, I like it.

Is this going to be a cut price or full price game?

Comment

Absolutly wonderful. I went from looking like this , to like this , in the time it took that cute little caddy to chase after my tee shot.

Comment

I saw that in the footage, it's awesome!

I've had the shortcut on my desktop about setting up a JP store account for ages, might actually run through it tonight or tomorrow night to pick this up.

Comment

Just been playing this for the last half/three quarters of an hour and loving it so far. Its just full of little touches such as the caddies running after the tee shots, people in the crowd chasing each other around and that bear that is stood behind the green clapping on one of the holes. The camera angles are also excellent as are the graphics in general, although there does still seem to be jaggies on the trees and bushes. I've only ever played the PSP version of the series' before but based on the demo I think this is going to be a must purchase for me when it comes out. Speaking of which, anybody know the JPN or US release date for this?

Comment

IGN shows:

US: July 2007
                          Japan: July 31, 2007
                          Europe: June 25, 2007

Now that would be a surprise.

Comment

Surely the JPN release must have been moved forward, four months in advance is pretty soon for a demo, plus there is no way EUR would be getting it before them.

Comment

Could I download it from Japan or Hong Kong account for USA PS3 as my friend told me he can't do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X