Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minna No Golf 5 - Online No Golf if outside Japan?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, you just need to create a new user on your PS3 and sign them up for a JPN or Hong Kong Playstation Network account. This will then give you access to the store for the region.

Comment

Downloaded this earlier after creating a new JP account, and it's very easy to pick up and play (Perhaps a little too easy). The only thing that wasn't obvious was how to apply spin to the ball - the d-pad graphics pop up on the ball after you've hit it, but hitting down on the d-pad didn't apply backspin, which was what I was expecting.

Comment

If it is anything like the PSP version you hold up as the power bar goes up and then down as it comes back for the accuracy in order to do back spin. Haven't been able to get it to work yet on this version, I think you have to get the accuracy spot on for spin to work.

Comment

I can confirm that the spin does work as described above, although neither of the characters seems to be skilled enough for you to get any sort of decent spin on the ball.

Is anyone else here addicted to the background song, makes me feel all warm inside for some reason!

Comment

Yeah, it's at the top of my games list so it automatically comes up when I switch on the PS3. It's seriously impacting my folding performance.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to try the demo a little more over the weekend, see if I can't get the spin working.

Comment

This is amazing. So far ahead of the Tiger games for getting the feel of a course right, which is saying something when Tiger is supposed to be the realistic one.

Comment

By far the best reason so far to buy a PS3, loved every one from the ps1 days, best franchise they still have

Come on.

Comment

I played the first game of the series a few days ago and I liked it.
                  I've to say that Wii Sports pretty much ruined every other Golf game for me, in terms of controls. I just can't go back to these timed button presses after swinging the golf club.
                  Too bad that it seems to be a Sony exclusive (although Camelot will release a new Mario Golf eventually), cause this would be sheer brilliance with a Wiimote.
                  Is there an option to use the Sixaxis like a club?^^'

Comment

This is sooooo high on my wanted list

Are renchi.com reliable as I want to get a pre order in for the Japanese version as soon as possible

Comment

Has anybody downloaded the PS1 version yet? I'm VERY tempted to.

Comment

Can anyone remind me (via a link) how to set up a Japanese account? I don't have a JPN postcode/zip code etc like I did for the US account...

Comment

It's in the HK shop too. You need to start a master account, and just google a HK business & use the address...

Comment

I've done it a few days ago and it will take you about 5 minutes to do.

1) Set up a user account on your PS3 for Japan or Hong Kong. I used Hong Kong as the menus are in English. I set up my address as the Sony Headquarters over there!

2) Link that account to a Store account for the country you want.

3) Create a virtual Credit Card with Wirecard using your real address and debit card details. Register your virtual credit card number/expiry/date and real address in the store to buy things. Some people can just use their standard card to buy things but most have to use this method now.

4) When you do that the country will be set to the region that you opened the PSN account for but you can change the rest of the address to your real address.

5) Buy Calling All Cars and spend the next 4 hours swearing at Americans when they thrash you as they've been playing it for ages already!!!

Comment

^^^
                              Thanks mate

Been wanting to buy some stuff from the HK Store for a while but couldn't get my card to work. Do you know by any chance if you can do the same thing with the US store too?

Cheers!

Comment

No problem, I found it on here a few days back so it's not me who did it really.

I've been downloading a few since then:
                                R-Types (PS3&PSP)
                                R-Type Delta (PSP)
                                Crash Bandicoot (PS3&PSP)
                                Siphon Filter (PS3&PSP)
                                Calling All Cars (PS3)

I can't believe I'm getting into Crash Bandicoot again lol. They look really good on the PSP and are upscaled well on the PS3 now too.

Found the original thread now: How do you get USA/JAPAN accounts?

It's worth reading as there are a few things to note if buying from different Stores and using the PSP.

Comment

Working...
                                X