F355

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    1. Fantastic game, but why does everyone call it a serious/sim racer?

2. It's not very realistic, with the car not even being able to take tight corners at anything above a crawl and can be quite happily played by hamfisted noobs without instantly driving off the road.

3. And the only way to play for quick times involves changing gears 3 times for each effective upchange.

Is it just because it was one of the first games to off TCS/Stability control/ABS and the ability to turn them off?
    1. Because it's more serious and requires more dedication than NFS: Undeground.

2. Dont agree with you about the speed of taking corners, and that comment about noobs being able to take it around a corner? Well I guess that's why their is'nt a pile up on the exit ramp on my journey to work on the A3 every morning!

3. Now you're being silly. This is a game, not real life. Even serious games such as Grand Prix Legends and GTR 2 can not offer a true sensation and accurate portrayal of real driving.

You've been playing games too long mate.
    Last edited by Wools; 01-06-2007, 19:32.

Comment

I bought this back in the day on DC but never really got into it. Gonna dig it out tomorrow and try to get stuck into it, what assists would people recommend for a total newbie? Are either of them actually useful?

mt50 - I would definitely recommend picking up a copy of Daytona by the way, it's another game that plays fantastically with the DC wheel (seemed to be designed with it in mind, cos it handled pretty poorly without)

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post
        I bought this back in the day on DC but never really got into it. Gonna dig it out tomorrow and try to get stuck into it, what assists would people recommend for a total newbie? Are either of them actually useful?

mt50 - I would definitely recommend picking up a copy of Daytona by the way, it's another game that plays fantastically with the DC wheel (seemed to be designed with it in mind, cos it handled pretty poorly without)
        cheers i will have a look for that cheap. i thought sega rally would be good with the wheel but i cant get used to it really, will keep trying though.

as for assists i use TC and the blue one(auto braking) for the first few races just to get used to the tracks then turn the blue on off i can't seem to do it without TC tbh just yet.
        Last edited by mt50; 01-06-2007, 21:53.

Comment

Working...
        X