No announcement yet.

Super Stardust HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be an option at least, cripes.

Comment

Just tried to play this and it asks me i need to update to 5.0, but clicking ok just restarts my PS3. Anyone else having this problem?

Comment

Yes had exactly the same issue mate gave up in the end.

Comment

This is the same as the Home problem from what I've read. You need to wait some time (Around 30 seconds, but basically until the disk access light stops flashing) before hitting X to confirm.

Comment

Only just read the posts but these reports of 1080p being locked out after the update seem to be well off the mark?

Housemarque were open from the day the update was first announced about the changes that would happen and DigitalFoundry seem to agree with their initial claims of things improving after the update.
            Originally posted by DigitalFoundry (12/06/10)
            The original game's 1080p mode actually ran at 1280x1080, with the hardware upscaler expanding the image outwards to simulate full HD. The new engine sees Super Stardust HD running at the full 1920x1080 at 60FPS for the first time. The game's 720p mode also gets a useful boost in terms of image quality with anti-aliasing bumped up to full 4xMSAA.

There's also a very useful performance upgrade for those who purchased the additional split-screen co-op pack. The existing Super Stardust runs this section of the game at 30FPS. Thanks to the upgrades added for the 3D version of the game, the horsepower is not there to boost this to a full 60FPS.

Comment

I might get it off my download list again ... maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                Only just read the posts but these reports of 1080p being locked out after the update seem to be well off the mark?
                I think it was an early knee-jerk reaction when they fired it up after the update and things looked different.

Comment

Super Stardust HD (was ? ?6.29/?2.99 now ? ?1.19/?1.49)
                  (Available until the 7th of July, 3rd Year Anniversary Special Offer)

?1.19

If anyone is EVEN considering buying it now is the time.

Comment

Anyone got any tips for the Collect 15 Tokens in a Single Boost trophy? Really winding me up as I can't ever get that many to line up.

When I figured out how to get the bonus group of gold rocks to drop I thought I'd cracked it but even they are too spread out to collect in a single boost.

Comment

There was a Scandinavian dude who wrote a guide to the challenges in SSHD. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here's the guide: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...6got-trophies/
                      Last edited by Number45; 17-07-2010, 14:24.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                        Anyone got any tips for the Collect 15 Tokens in a Single Boost trophy? Really winding me up as I can't ever get that many to line up.

When I figured out how to get the bonus group of gold rocks to drop I thought I'd cracked it but even they are too spread out to collect in a single boost.
                        It's a very long time since I've played this properly but I seem to remember something along these lines.
                        When you get those countdown asteroid things you have to destroy them all to get a special/bonus asteroid. You either bomb then boost through it or just boost through it may.

I think it's the second way but as I said it's been ages since I've tried stuff like that.

Comment

Yeah, looks like you have to boost through the special countdown bonus reward rock at its most central point. I knew that bonus would be the key, but never realised you could boost through bonus rocks and collect the tokens at the same time.

Still took me a load of tries (basically restarting Coventina over and over) ut got it eventually. Had to do it this way though as I was unable to focus on working through the game. Ironically on my next run through I got 15 tokens in a boost twice without even really trying.

Managed to clear Taranis for the first time too and got to Phase 4 of Segomo and was convinced I was going to do it but lost my last life with 39.9M on the score board. Was so close to an extra ship which may have been enough.

Trying for the Shield Blaster and Multiplier Hero trophies but not consistent enough yet to get them. Always mess up and take stupid hits. Highest is an 8x multiplier but it gets so slow to increase after 6x. Part of my problem is that I've become conditioned (because of the bomb collecting trophies) not to use them so I don't have the instinct to use them as a last second save to keep myself alive.

Comment

Well this is a pleasant surprise being over three years after release.
                            Originally posted by PlayStation Blog
                            We want to thank all the fans around the world for your continued support ? it has made Super Stardust HD a top selling PSN exclusive and enabled us to keep creating new content for the game even now over three years after its release.

Now in 2011 with the new Impact mode add-on, Super Stardust HD continues to be the most comprehensive shooter experience available.

The Impact mode plays on and twists the game rules ? in place of the weapon system your ship is now fitted with an experimental new matter-to-energy boost engine technology, which means once you activate the boost, you can stay in boost as long as you can hit meteors and enemies with it!

This mode also features much higher score multipliers ? as long as you boost the multiplier keeps growing and growing! This is the most fast-paced and adrenaline inducing add-on to the game yet.

Look out for the Impact mode on the PlayStation Store on March 30th for ?1.99/?1.59 and, if you?ve never tried Super Stardust HD before, there has never been a better time to join the action!

Stardust pilots, start boosting your way to the top of the worldwide leaderboards!

Comment

Working...
                            X