Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also do that with the slim, but I agree, a JP slim is bloody expensive.

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
    Very nice, what sort of price do you pay for games like that?
    I think he paid £177 for that Ibara, selling it for £145 earlier this year I believe.

Prices vary depending on supply and demand really - and age.

My ESP Ra.De. PCB for example was £140, but since I've seen it sold for £120 - £170.

Comment

Yer

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
        Fire it up John!

Does it work with NFS Shift?
        I had a very brief go and nearly lost both my legs by starting it up with the wheel resting on my lap!

It was Shift that I tried it with. Shift is one of the games that supports all of the wheel's features so I can use the six speed gear stick, 900 degree rotation and the full force feedback.

It didn't work brilliantly when I set it up and it wasn't just because of the lack of feeling in both of my legs after the earlier force feedback incident. It needs to be calibrated for the game so that it does what you want it to which I didn't bother with, I just wanted to make sure it was working.

Once everything is up and running I may start a steering wheel thread as a there's been a few questions about wheels lately.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
          Please don't buy one, it looks like Friction is feeling the same as you after me talking about it in the GT5 thread and I don't want to be held responsible for people spending this sort of money on what's essentially a game controller.
          I reckon after buying your DJ Hero I paid for one peddle and a few buttons?

I'm swinging more and more towards buying one daily to be honest. The more you post, the more I want one

If it makes you feel better John, way back when, I paid £250 for Steel Battallion (with controller) on the original Xbox - so big controller related purchases are nothing new to me! I think too I've got my original 900 wheel (the GT4 one I think it is) kicking around somewhere which I could sell to make some money towards this one

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing you post more about the wheel and anything you feel is helpful tips and info - and of course pics of it when you've got it all set up!
          Last edited by Friction; 03-09-2010, 00:26.

Comment

How much was the very expensive looking wheel?

Comment

Very expensive.

£230!

Comment

Woohoo! More books.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  You can also do that with the slim, but I agree, a JP slim is bloody expensive.
                  What can you do with a JPN slim? I have one so I want to know.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Use a UK psu.. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                      Very expensive.
                      Bloody hell! I hope its good

Comment

Yep, ?229:99 and worth every penny to me.

On top of that there was the Wheelstand Pro at ?107:00, I don't have that yet so can't comment on if it was worth the price but from what I've seen and read about it there's nothing to suggest it won't be worth it.

It's a hell of a lot of money for games stuff really but it all came from stuff I'd sold on here which I was originally going to buy a few blu-rays with.

I'm really happy that I bought the wheel though and after all, that's really what's important when you're buying any sort of luxury items which all gaming items are.

Comment

You can stop mentioning it now John. It is my birthday next month, this is the ideal time of the year for me to give serious consideration to ridiculous purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                            Very expensive.

You can buy a fully functioning car for that

Comment

CA$ 230 total.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X