Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost bought a Korean version of Smash Bros Melee in Akihabara once. In a shocking turn of events, I didn't.

That was the only new game in Korean I ever saw, although there were some secondhand DS games in one of the Traders.

Comment

You should have got it mate. Korean games are really hard to come by. I know Terminator salvation is pretty poor. The only reason I bought it was because it was Korean.

Comment

I would have for 500yen but it was more like 4500.

Comment

As posted in the 'what imports did you buy?' thread

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Sometimes living in Japan has a big advantage if you're a foreign 360 gamer. Because most of the population can't speak English, all Asian imports get reduced to crazy prices as soon as a Japanese version is released. Today, I got brand new Mass Effect 2 and Fall Out New Vegas both for 500 yen each.

But get this, a Korean 360 game! I've never seen one of these for sale in Japan. Again, because the game is in English is was only 500 yen. All instructions, packing and disc are in Korean though unlike Asian releases which are English and Chinese.

Yakumo
            LOL bang goes your gaming time, mass effect 2 & fallout will strip hours & hours off of you. Great games though, wonder what the language is in the Jp versions? Im guessing still in english with Jp menus?

Comment

The Japanese version of Fall Out is in japanese (text) plus they removed some of the Atomic Bomb stuff. Mass Effect I don't really know but probably in Japanese. It's surprising how many games get a propper translation when you think about how poorly the 360 has sold in Japan. I recently bought Japanese Never Dead though and that is 100% in English. Compete **** too. I've put it up on Yahoo Auctions only after 3 days. This is only the 2nd time I've ever sold a game without even bothering to complete it. The other was Duke Nukem on the 360.

Comment

I was gonna get a Korean copy of MvC3 once..

Glad I didn't.

Comment

I was gonna get a Korean copy of Death by Degrees a few years back but never got around to doing so.

Comment

I was going to get a Korean copy of Skyrim, but then I took an arrow in the knee.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                      I was going to get a Korean copy of Skyrim, but then I took an arrow in the knee.
                      Please leave this thread.

Comment

So I decided to get back on the handheld train and got a 3DS last week, really impressed with the ole Nintendo UI.
                        Liking streetpass and collecting those Mii's/Coins when I'm walking about the city centre, got quite a few hits now and a great idea.

I'm bit late in picking up Ghost Trick, spotted it in Cex for ?8 (no doubt cause iPhone version is out.) animation on this game is just
                        Also had forgotten just how good Super Mario could be, I do have a soft spot for the wee plumbing bastard.

Oh also got Mighty Switch Force and Pullbox from estore.

Comment

Last 7 days, pretty much skint for the rest of the month now.

Worst part is I haven't even got a DS to play them, I must set my priorities straight..

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                            So much handheld love! You'll have to share your thoughts on shinobi and ace combat. They both slipped by me but I might track them down if they're any good.

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to hear about those two as well.

Comment

JPN Ace Combat demo is fun, like a mini version of the recent console release. The demo did make it seem quite simple though. I think it was about ?17 at GAME at the moment, I might have a go myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X