Prince of Persia Classic confirmed for XBLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to be playing this now.......

I was thinking about flashback the other day - who owns the rights ? It was Delphine were they "absorbed" by Ubi when they went acquisition mental ???

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      I've never liked when designers implement a control system whereby when you let go of a direction, the character keeps going for a second or two before he stops.
      It's a design feature of the game that (from the original and it's pretty core to the game) - Supposed to emulate the fact you can't effectively "stop on the spot".

Comment

Yeah I know, I just don't like it! Heh!

You can't stop on the spot but then I don't often run and jump around dungeons, I think reality is definitely suspended for this game

Comment

OK it was more technically driven by the rotoscoping employed by Jordan Mecher to handle the animation.

At launch this game blew my knacks off - I won't even be trialling it

Comment

Fair enough, to be honest I'm absolutely skint at the moment so I won't be buying it, it is literally the original upgraded and made shiny. It looks nice and to be honest it plays like the original, still a good game, but I'm really wary of Marketplace stuff, I really feel like I've been ripped off lately on it, so I'll be REALLY picky about what I spend cash on with it now.

Comment

Does the game save/let you compare your best times/scores?

Comment

Must do swallow - there's a time trial option in there and you get ghosts

Comment

Doh, course.

Will lug my machine round to a BB connection and get this pronto.

Comment

You know you could just take the HDD to a BB enabled 360 owning friend and save lugging the whole thing ?

Comment

zing! the n00b, quick!!1

Yeah, that's what I'll be doing, Yoshi.

Comment

Just played the demo and I was gonna buy it instant, then I saw it's only 14 levels and I was thinking if I can do the first in 1 minute 29 will the game be long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                          You know you could just take the HDD to a BB enabled 360 owning friend and save lugging the whole thing ?
                          Originally posted by Swallow View Post
                          zing! the n00b, quick!!1

Yeah, that's what I'll be doing, Yoshi.
                          Hang on! If you download it onto your HDD using your friend's console you'll only be able to play it on your console if you're hooked up to Live.

Comment

Stunning. Gotta say this is the best XBLA or PSN game to date IMO. Fantastic classic gameplay and stunning new graphics which dont ruin the original feel of the game, plus some great animations. Shame im as **** at it as i was at the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                              Fair enough, to be honest I'm absolutely skint at the moment so I won't be buying it, it is literally the original upgraded and made shiny. It looks nice and to be honest it plays like the original, still a good game, but I'm really wary of Marketplace stuff, I really feel like I've been ripped off lately on it, so I'll be REALLY picky about what I spend cash on with it now.
                              ...and yet I bought it...

It's difficult this game, completing it within the 60 minutes is a real task in itself!! I'm on level 5 and have 30 minutes left.

My only real complaint is it'd be nice to be able to "save" or at least level select to the time you were at, I don't think I'll ever get chance to play it all the way through because although it's 60 minutes, with dying/restarting levels it takes a lot longer.

Oh and the combat is just

Comment

absolutely loving this still, been trying to speed run through it, level nine and 13 and a half min in you wouldnt believe the amount of retries tho ! shocking

Comment

Working...
                                X