Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daft really. The console can **** up in many different ways, it should all be covered! Actually, the consoles should be recalled. I can't think of any other market that would tolerate such atrocious failure rates. Guess gamers on the whole are too willing to "take it"

Comment

I'm not - I started buying games for my PS3 instead. I do miss Halo 3, but not enough to send more cash in their direction and gamble again.

Comment

Well I still buy 360 games but I'll always go PS3 on multiformat because I have more faith that the console will be still alive in a few months time.

Comment

Anyone here care to share their MS customer support experiences, I think I'm going to send them an email before I start quoting EU law at them.

Comment

Like anything, it depends who you get. I've had dealings with them as recently as end of last year, and it took something like 10 hours on the phone across 2 weeks to get **** sorted. Something like that, I probably posted the exact times in here somewhere. ****ing awful service that time, but previously they'd been pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
              I'm not - I started buying games for my PS3 instead. I do miss Halo 3, but not enough to send more cash in their direction and gamble again.
              I tend to go multiformat wherever my mates are. Looking at my games shelf, I'm split about 20% PS3, 30% 360, 50% PC.

If online wasn't a consideration for me, I'd go PS3 whenever I could. Great piece of hardware, suits me nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                Anyone here care to share their MS customer support experiences, I think I'm going to send them an email before I start quoting EU law at them.
                I had a load of crap from them with 360 & also credit card issues which are in another thread.

I wouldn't bother getting in touch with customer services again, you'll be better off composing a polite email which explains your issues and just copying in this lot:
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]

I had a list of about 50 execs that I copied into an email but that was on my old PC, these must have been imported with my address book though. If I do have the others stored somewhere and I'm able to dig them up I'll post them here.

I'd got so pissed off with them that I noted all the execs names and just sent a mass email to them all.

As I didn't know their email address I had to send it to variations on the name such as [email protected], [email protected] & [email protected]. You'll get a non-deliverable reply for any incorrect email addresses so by sending one email with the variations on, it actually tells you what their email addresses are.

It worked for me so I suppose it's worth trying.

EDIT:
                This is why I ended up emailing pretty much the whole company in one go.
                Last edited by JP; 02-05-2009, 19:53.

Comment

RE S3M
                  I filled in the form online, said I had 3 red lights, I didn't. It came back with a new motherboard and new DVD drive. I didn't even know there was a fault with the DVD drive. Been working fine since.
                  The only hassle was ring DHL for collection but that only takes a second as DHL must have dealt with thousands of these.

I even rang Customer Services to complain that I missed out in the free XBLA game that they offered at the time, which I believe was Undertow, as my machine was being repaired and they got back to me a few weeks later with a free 800 points code.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                    Well, I called Microsoft in the USA, since that is where my Xbox 360 is from. The guy told me that if I paid the shipping, I could arrange for my repaired 360 to be sent back to my friend's house. He'd then forward the package to me in the UK. I told them that'd be the best solution, and I'd call back and quote my reference number to finish up the deal.

Called back later, and apparently, this wasn't possible because I didn't have enough red rings. Now I'd have to pay shipping AND a repair fee ($99 I think).

The amount of conflicting advice I was given was just silly. I ended up just eBaying the thing as scrap.
                    Last edited by Lyris; 02-05-2009, 20:11.

Comment

So I have gone through the online report the problem, got two emails, however when I click on the link for the label to print off and stick on the box, just get this :

Error : Unable to retrieve the UPS Label information. Please check the retrieval link. (Error code 0)

So does that mean I dont actually have a label to print and therefore I cant do that and then get them to come and lift it? Anyone else had this, I reported it this morning, got 2 emails about 20 minutes later, thought maybe the link wouldnt be working straight away, but I'm still getting that line when I do click the retrieval link.

Comment

My longest running 360 died last night, 3 red lights straight out of nowhere.

Got on phone to MS, at around 9pm, had a repair booked and UPS labels mailed to me within half an hour. After reading all the negativity and bad experiences I was really worried, but found myself pleasantly surprised.

Let's hope they actually DO colelct it tomorrow, and then we can see what the turnaround time is. *fingers crossed*

Good luck Holio, hope it works out well for you.

Comment

Well, the last time my xbox 360 died and returned was 8th september 2007.

Far Cry 2 has just killed it for the fourth time. E47 error this time, bloody thing.

Gonna phone up, gives me an error when trying to organise a repair online.

Comment

Ended up calling later that evening about 9pm, after the gawd awful american womans voice I started hitting numbers on my phone and got through to the call centre who processed my problem, machine was collected at 10am the next morning, unless my Dad gave my machine to some random courier who was passing!

Comment

Mine was collected for repair today after receiving no shipping labels the first time. From registering a repair to pick-up took about three hours, well impressed.

If they can't fix the problem (3 red lights), do they send a new console or a refurb?

Comment

I have had nothing but refurbs, some people have had their own console back. I would say refurb though.

Originally posted by Distant Cousin View Post
                                If they can't fix the problem (3 red lights), do they send a new console or a refurb?

Comment

Working...
                                X