Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks ridiculously good!

When it was first shown some time ago without any announcements people weren't sure whether it was maybe just a bug as it wasn't shown to that sort of extent.

I know Yamauchi had said that one of the things he wanted was for you to be able to feel the wind alter the way the car drives if it's strong enough so I'm hoping this isn't just cosmetic.

I starting to consider ordering the Signature Edition of the game which is ridiculous as I'm only really wanting the extra cars that are included.

Looking at my emails I seem to have about a hundred notifications from GT Planet, I can imagine it's been going absolutely mad on there today.

Comment

there are some gameplay videos on Gamersyde including the first view of the Kart racing at Piazza Del Compo which was used to film the rooftop chase in Quantum of Solace.

Comment

I'm not going to post again as I'm just copying from GT Planet as I read through 100 or so new pages.

This has really caught my attention, it's from the invitation only event and it's a quote about the demonstration they were shown of the custom track creator.
        Originally posted by IGN
        Yamauchi created one for the purpose of the demo, a 10km run through the Belgian High Fens. It was sparse but not without sparkle, with rolling hills and fields and the occasional environmental feature like a small village giving it the feeling of a long and winding country road.
        I certainly wasn't expecting this sort of scale to be available. I can't imagine it's going to produce anything of the quality of the full tracks included in the game as I imagine there will be a lot of limitations but it's going to be interesting to see just what is possible in this mode.

EDIT:
        IGN have taken down their article on what was shown at the smaller invitation only show today as there is an embargo on all the information until 9AM tomorrow.
        Last edited by JP; 18-08-2010, 18:17.

Comment

Sounds good doesn't it?

I'm guessing the level they showed off, whereby all you can see if wheat fields and a few trees, could be one of the custom tracks that have been referred too.

Comment

Sounds like a proper Mille Miglia style event.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
              Timing would make sense for a PS3 + GT5 bundle nicely in time for Christmas.

Got a feeling I posted the same thing 12 months back lol.
              You did and here you go...

Japan only so far and unlike most bundles you do actually get a Limited Edition of the game rather than the standard version. Don't think I like it in that colour to be honest.

Comment

Ooh, that's a nice colour. Hope they sell the pads separately.

Comment

That colour makes it look cheap IMO.

Comment

So its definately still 3rd November for UK release then....?

I had an email this morning from GAME (where I have the preorder for about 2 years) stating that the release date changed to 3rd November.

Then, about 5pm today, another email from GAME saying its been delayed again to November 5th.

Has this really been delayed again already????!!! Since YESTERDAY?

Comment

Some new screen captures.

Comment

This is gonna run on a PS3 right?

Madness!

Comment

Sweet Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                            This is gonna run on a PS3 right?
                            Apparently it only works on those new blue consoles.

There was absolutely loads of screens on that link I've posted but not any more.
                            Originally posted by GTPlanet
                            Images temporarily removed at the request of Sony Computer Entertainment. They will be available once again at 9:00 AM GMT.
                            A comparison to the XJ13 in the above screen.

They haven't quite got things spot on but by god it's as close as you're going to get at the moment.

It's when you see those sorts of details makes it understandable why they gave up on making over a 1000 premium cars. They'd never have got it finished if they'd done what they originally wanted to do.

Still 200+ cars with details like that is still a hell of an achievement even with a development of this length.

Comment

Slight bullshots though, I mean the resolution of the game is not going to look anything like that.

Comment

I'll be all over this tomorrow at Gamescon in Cologne ! Can't wait to try this game out in 3D and with a decent steering wheel....

it better not be good though... because it would gonna cost me a lot of money, I would need beside the game a 3D tv and decent steeringwheel setup (lets face it, the PS3 pad is terrible for racing games)

screenshots look amazing, Í'm more curious to check out the handling and the tracks!

Comment

Working...
                                X