No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, framebuffer is the important bit, everything else is just upscaling. Have polyphony managed to add all this extra detailing etc. AND upped the screen resolution? That would be astounding. I can't wait to try the karting!

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
      I'm talking about the resolution of the framebuffer in Prologue. No one knows what the actual resolution of GT5 is yet.

EDIT: Sorry, I've been whizzing through topics today and not reading them properly before posting.
      still from an aspect-ratio point of view this resolution doesn't make much sense. i guess 1280x720 is much more likely to be the native resolution of Prologue and also GT5.

Comment

What's aspect ratio got to do with it?

Virtua Fighter 5 on PS3 is rendered as 1024x1024 and is stretched internally yet that game is in 16:9 when you play it.

I found this thread and, while I can't vouch for its accuracy, I've seen that resolution for VF5 mentioned all over the place.

As for GT5P:

1080p mode is 1280x1080 (2xAA) in-game while the garage/pit/showrooms are 1920x1080 with no AA. 720p mode is 1280x720 (4xAA)
        Plus, if it's true that horizontal stretching is less noticeable to us than vertical stretching, then 1280x1080 makes lots more sense than 1280x720, not least because they can still say it's 1080 vertical lines when pushed about it, whereas trying to pass off 1280x720 resized to 1920x1080 would be downright lying.

Also, I remember playing Tekken 3 on a PS1 emulator and in windowed mode it was a long vertical rectangle as the resolution is something like 384x480 and is stretched horizontally.

Comment

The release day *may* be moving outwards again (Europe) 24th November. Poor show if true, meaning the yanks get nearly a month of it for free and to get good at it.

French gaming site JVN noticed a recent update to Gran Turismo 5's product information on Sony Computer Entertainment France's press site: it shows a release date of November 24, 2010. The website requires French media credentials for access, but GTPlanet Forum user jujub was able to independently c

I am going for a March 2011 release in Europe now.

Comment

Why do they get a month for free?

Comment

March! Are you high?
              No way they will go up against Killzone 3 and Gears 4.
              This is SOE's big Xmas tentpole

Comment

Mistyped. they don't, what I meant to say was they get a healthy lead on it over anywhere else.

Comment

Japan usually get's the game 3 to 4 months before the US & Europe and there's always been around a month between us and the US.

Only the US has a release date so but I suppose it is possible that the Japanese date could be announced at TGS this year with them saying it's out that week to keep things how they have been in the past but unlike before, there's no real reason to do that this time.

As mentioned, the official French PlayStation 3 site has it listed for release on 24/11/10 which although it's not an official announcement seems to tie in with it not really needing to be delayed this time due to the fact that the translation is complete apart from minor things such as variations in the names of cars that you do get across the globe and the sheer numbers of this franchise that are usually sold on launch.

There's usually about 3 or 4 "leaked" released dates announced each month by smaller sites needing attention and GT Planet has a name & shame thread along the lines of the traders to avoid thread on here.

Most retailers at the moment are still running with the US date over here until there is an announcement of some type.

It shouldn't be too long after the US date as it is simply a matter of making enough discs for all three regions, they may even manage to launch in all three regions at the same for a change.

Comment

Closer to my birthday in that case. Although, being a grown man, my birthday has little to no bearing on when I buy my games. Still...

Comment

InsideSimRacing have done a special feature on GT5: http://www.gtplanet.net/in-depth-gt5...esimracing-tv/

Comment

Nice feature they made, I always like to watch what these guys have to say about racing games and steering sheels etc
                        GT5 is looking more and more interesting for sure..

Comment

Amazon France has listed an Ultimate Edition of Gran Turismo 5 for an eye-watering €189.95. The site offers no explanat…

Stig shaped cat helmet incoming.

Comment

190 EURO!
                            That's like ?150, wowzers. Maybe an RC-Car inbound?

Comment

Maybe it's a day at a test track including GPS tracking of your performance for you to later upload to GT5 and relive your glory?

It's most likely a cloth map though.

Comment

SimHQ have written an extended play on the new physics model.

They seem fairly happy with the physics apart from the WRC races although it is difficult to judge from a repeated two minute demo with limited tuning and set up options. I suppose the positive is that once all the handling refinements are available it can only improve rather than worsen the driving experience.

Some new videos from Gamelab which is currently running in Spain, nothing particularly new apart from what me be the first showing of wind at around 1:20 in the first video.

It looks a little to forceful and localised to be wind at the moment but it's not that unusual for Polyphony to only show parts of an effect as it's being introduced into the latest builds.

Comment

Working...
                                X