No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big fat MEH from me in regards to 3D version of this. If that is why the game got delayed last year then, well, it was time that was basically wasted.

Looking past the underwhelming 3D, the games itself is sublime and plays superbly. Bring on November 2nd!

Comment

The car in that vid looked too showroom shiny for me, just wish they'd turn the reflections and turtle wax effect down a notch.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Shame you can still wall ride and not lose any speed (seemingly).
        I was thinking just the same when I watched that video...
        that said, the game does look very promising and it has quite some interesting features which I?m very curious to see how it worked out in the game.

Comment

Looks like damage is turned off and the whole thing is set to easy to me

Comment

Wow the new trailer frm E3 2010 and it blew my mind!!! November 2nd can`t come soon enough. Music is brilliant too, London Elektricity: Just one second (apex remix) from the previous Ferrari 458 Italia trailer was brilliant as well. Any idea on the artist?

Last edited by JU!; 20-06-2010, 15:39.

Comment

GT Mode now named GT Life

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                Wow the new trailer frm E3 2010 and it blew my mind!!!
                Some parts of it are just incredible but others particularly at the start look too computer graphicy and not real enough for me.

Overall though can't wait for this.

Comment

Top Gear is back on Sunday, wonder if they will have GT5 on there

Comment

At E3 Yamauchi announced that there still what he called "unannounced major features" to be revealed, there's currently an interview with Shuhei Yoshida (President of SCE Worldwide Studios) on the Official UK PlayStation 3 which covers a few features which had been hinted by Yamauchi in the past but never confirmed.
                    What can we look forward to when Gran Turismo 5 releases on PlayStation 3?
                    Gran Turismo 5 will offer gamers an experience more rich, more in-depth and more exciting than they might expect - even from a series as closely identified with innovation and invention as Gran Turismo. Not only will Gran Turismo 5 deliver an even more comprehensive set of cars and courses than gamers saw with previous iterations, it will also feature new game-enhacing graphical effects such as damage, night racing and weather.

These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.

This time around Gran Turismo is likely not just to be the definitive driving experience but a definitive gaming experience full stop.
                    There isn't anything there which hasn't been hinted at in the past, well apart from the stunt arenas, but until I see them in the game I'm still not sure that I believe they will happen.

Comment

Night/Day transition
                      Stunt Arenas
                      32 player lobbies
                      16 player races
                      Track (not map) Editor
                      Spectator mode
                      Weather
                      200 PS3 cars and 800 standard cars
                      Nascar license
                      WRC license
                      Super GT license
                      Rolling and damage (eerily real weight)
                      1st person walkabout photo mode
                      YouTube uploading
                      1080p
                      PS Eye headtracking
                      Motion controls
                      HDMI 1.4 3D @ 60fps
                      Split-screen
                      Best graphics in any driving game (lighting, physics driven smoke, attention to detail..etc)
                      Real life tracks recreated in maddening quality (up to 2 year dev times)
                      20+ locations with 70+ variations
                      PSP Connectivity
                      Go karts to Rally to classics to sport to Drag car, ordinary cars...etc etc etc
                      Animated drivers, pit crews, tire changes etc
                      Custom soundtrack
                      Text and Voice chat
                      Narrative involvement by popular drivers and Top Gear crew
                      Top Gear Test Track
                      Open free-form Track Days
                      Profile pages
                      In-game (bulletin-board) message boards
                      Gran Turismo Video store
                      Last edited by dvdmike; 21-06-2010, 21:44.

Comment

Comment

Comment

We have this saying that goes 'you might take too much hay on the pitchfork'. It basically means that if you put too much effort into something, it might backfire.

What if GT's Rally is half assed as its always been and Nascar will be just that too? A waste if you'd ask me.

I'd rather see less features in this game, and more focus on gameplay, tracks, single player structure...

I personally don't need something like a track editor or go karts in GT... Also sounds like an awful lot of disciplines for a game containing just 20 tracks (yeah, 70 variations of them but still).
                            Last edited by saturn-gamer; 21-06-2010, 23:30.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                              Same car, same track but taken from an episode of Top Gear.

Comment

All I want to know is has this game got the original mini in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X