No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm rather fond of the right one, so I wager that particular testis.

I hope that I will have to eat it, because the GT series is in need of drastic improvements in some areas to contend with Forza 2.
    Last edited by stormbreak; 05-08-2007, 22:36.

Comment

I think its shaping up to be the best of all GT games. Anybody who knows Polyphony Digital will know that they are a developer that can push a console to its limits. I mean, their a developer that's been working with PS hardware for the past 7 year.

With online play (for free), vehicle manipulation, 1080P support and running at a super smooth 60FPS, its looking alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastslyfox View Post
        I had a little play time with PGR3 earlier this week in preparation for PGR4 arriving(trying to get a jump start for online ) and I have to say the game hasn't aged well graphicaly.

The in car view is no where near the quality of that GT5 shot. I can't remember any car I have driven with hexagonal speedo and rev counter dials as seen in PGR3 in car view.
        I had a strange experience with PGR3 last week. My Forza2 disc is broken, so I put PGR3 on, and was shocked to find the visuals to be very rough looking now. The movement is really bad too.

Talk about games dying quickly. These tech-driven games age really fast. I think they should be far cheaper, seeing that they become pretty nasty experiences in only a year or so.

Comment

Gran Turismo 5 Release Date V1 - July '08

Sony Europe has kept its lips sealed over the release date of Gran Turismo 5 in Europe, following news that the racing game is expected in Japan next July.

The target date was let slip by game creator Kazunori Yamauchi, who told Japanese magazine Famitsu he hoped to have it ready by next summer. Given that previous instalments have taken around three to four months longer to appear in Europe, it might not show up here until 2009.

Comment

I think it's idle speculation on the part of sites looking to stir **** up that GT5 won't make 2008 for Europe if it's released in Japan during the summer.

The PS3 needs titles like this asap, and Sony don't have the window space with in-house localisation as they did in the past, if they want to remain competitive in terms of first and second party.

By the time GT5 is released, Microsoft Game Studios will have published PGR 3, Forza 2 and PGR 4.

Comment

They also reckon GT PSP will be out before GT5.

I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt to be honest. Its still a year away.

Comment

Yamauchi has already said there is no chance of GT PSP shipping before GT5.

Comment

Yamauchi has already said there is no chance of GT PSP shipping before GT5.
                  Lol oh well back to vapourware then

Can understand that the PS3 version is more important like, but I bet the PSP version would shift a few consoles as well.

Comment

Why does it take 3-6 months more for Europe to get the same game as the Japanese...

O yeah, Sony hate Europe.

Comment

Japan is one country! Europe is 47!

That's up to 47 different (but usually a lot less) ratings that need to be obtained before release.
                      Games often need to be translated into 4 or 5 languages quite often.
                      Most of Europe uses PAL or SECAM... PAL and SECAM are crap. Getting good stuff to run well on a crap format can take longer.
                      This game, like many is being produced in Japan so it's fairly standard for the country that produces a game to get it first.

If you want it in a hurry, import it! The same Sony who hate Europe has made our PS3s region free!

Comment

MGS4 (so far of what we know) can do a worldwide release.

And it's not like any PS3 games are being converted to run at 60hz on normal TV's.

Just seems a bit lazy to me when other games can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                          Yamauchi has already said there is no chance of GT PSP shipping.
                          At least he's being honest

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                            Just seems a bit lazy to me when other games can do it.
                            Lazy seems a little unfair as it suggest that pehaps they'd rather be sitting around or something rather than putting the effort into localising the game. I seem to remember reading about the conversion of GT2 (I think) and that part of the delay in translation was due to he fact that it had more text in it than games like Final Fantasy CVII.

I know that if there is anything more than a week or so delay then I'll end up buying both anyway.

I'm hoping that Polgue will move away from the GTHD arcade type handling when it's available. You can see in the latest vidos of the game that it already appear to have benefited from weight shifting as the cars move around which is important if you want them to react correctly.

At least they've said that there will be a true simulation mode as there used to be in the others. It does seem that a lot of people completely missed that out as it was just down to buying the simulation tyres rather than having a seperate arcade/GT mode like it was in the PS1 games.

I was neve a big fan of the arcade mode in GT as there didn't seem to be any reason for it really. I think simulation should be the default in GT 5 and things like anti-lock breaking and other driving assists should only be available in cars that have it in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                              At least he's being honest
                              is that version supposed to be 60fps.

i know already discussed and boring just interested, as selling my psp if it is hafta buy a new one come release

Comment

I seriously doubt it. Not even Ridge Racer is 60fps.

Comment

Working...
                                X