Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely!

I would have thought that most people don't fit into tidy boxes with the driving games they like, which can only be a good thing!

That works with pretty much anything though...

Comment

They make a big deal saying its so hard to do and takes ages to do all this realistic damage then why dont they just get their heads down and do it and release the ultimate driving game then. Without all this arsing about not doing any work and constantly putting games back. Thats the way it seems anyway.

After Forza 2, I dont know if I could go back to GT5, I can just imagine it being very soulless again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
        why dont they just get their heads down and do it and release the ultimate driving game then.
        Why don't they just get their heads down and release the ultimate driving game? Do you see how you contradicted yourself there?

All they've said is that they're willing to put the release back until the game is finished, surely that's a good thing for a developer to do?

If you don't want to wait for GT5...don't!

Comment

Because I want damage in the bloody game. I dont want excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
            Because I want damage in the bloody game. I dont want excuses.
            Um...been on the beer tonight Rossco?

Comment

thing is no game simulates anything perfectly, by captain GT's logic there he shouldn't bother making the entire game until he can fully simulate every single atom on the entire course (and even that'd be cutting corners, should simulate the whole planet really)

Comment

There isn't any point until you've modelled the universe really. After all, what are those night courses like if you can't see every star shining properly in the sky? A failure. :P

Comment

Shocker(!)

Comment

didnt they always claim GT to be the most realistic racing game ?

Comment

"THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR"

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
                      To me, Forza feels more likes it's to do with the whole racing side of it while GT4 feels like it's more to do with the actual driving.
                      Can you elaborate ? I'd say Forza2 with it's insane physics engine is much more of the "driving simulator" than GT - You've got them the wrong way around.

GT is all ****ty AI and arcadey handling regardless of mode and has a distinct "feel" which applies to all the cars - I'd say it's the RACING game (the arcadey one) - It's almost ridge racer in some cars the way you can chuck them into a corner and still get a bite from the tarmac.

Forza2 has a 360 fps physics engine capable of giving each car a unique feel to drive not just derived by drivetrain/engine placement - making it the DRIVING game (the simulation one).
                      Last edited by Yoshimax; 04-07-2007, 08:24.

Comment

Totally agree mate, I used to think GT was the be all and end all of driving games but Forza 2 blows it away right now. Forza 2 with the wheel is just the most sublime driving game ever. So GT5 has a lot of work to do, especially on each individual car feel like Yoshi says.

Comment

All you need to do is play Forza 2 with the wheel and view the car telemetry while racing to realise just how detailed and deep this game is, its more simulator then any GT game has ever been.

Comment

Most of the lower spec cars in GT are toned down to make the higher-end vehicles more lucrative.

The Ford Ka for instance, it can't even take a corner @ 30mph which is just bollocks compared to the real life version.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                              Forza2 has a 360 fps physics engine
                              And 3D grass.

However, now that we have Forza2, perhaps GT5 SHOULD be trying to do something different. Instead of crash damage, it could do weather effects and day and night stuff and all the other things I wanted Forza2 to do. Well. Just those two actually.

Comment

I think what Evolution-One was trying to say is that Gran Turismo has always focused more on getting you to drive the cars you've always wanted to own but couldn't afford. By focusing on the graphics of the cars, they make sure that they look identical to their real life counterparts. The "races" are essentially just a time-trial as the computer cars make no attempt to block you and it is just a case of putting together enough decent laps to win the race.

Forza on the other hand, focuses more on the handling of the car and the feeling of actually racing against other cars in a competitive environment. Hence the game takes crash damage over super realistic car models as this is more important to people actually interested in racing cars rather than just driving them.

Comment

Working...
                                X