Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
    I think what Evolution-One was trying to say is that Gran Turismo has always focused more on getting you to drive the cars you've always wanted to own but couldn't afford. By focusing on the graphics of the cars, they make sure that they look identical to their real life counterparts. The "races" are essentially just a time-trial as the computer cars make no attempt to block you and it is just a case of putting together enough decent laps to win the race.

Forza on the other hand, focuses more on the handling of the car and the feeling of actually racing against other cars in a competitive environment. Hence the game takes crash damage over super realistic car models as this is more important to people actually interested in racing cars rather than just driving them.
    Isn't that even more of a case to include damage? And if Polyphony are balking at the huge workload, then I take it that probably means we're not going to get modelled interiors of the 500+ cars? If GT is all about the driving aren't those things essential?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
      Can you elaborate ?
      There isn't really anything to elaborate on over what I said earlier...

People could and will discuss endlessly about one game having better/worse graphics, physics, vehicles, weather, AI, music or anything!

But these things are qualitative and can never be confirmed as true or untrue...because they are just different, but equally relevant opinions rather than facts. There is no way substantive way of measuring graphics, physics or quality.

Much of these things being found to be either better or worse are purely down to the individual. I personally find that GT4 is far closer to MY idea of what a driving game should be than the original Forza is. That doesn't mean it's necessarily better in any way, it means I prefer it. I can't comment on a comparison between GT 5 and Forza 2...as I've not played GT 5 yet.

I throughly enjoy both Forza 2 & Gran Turismo 4 and I don't have a problem with anybody really enjoying or really hating either one or both of them as it doesn't affect my enjoyment of those games. I seriously don't care what other people think of those or any other games that I enjoy!

A lot of things like this are so far removed from "common sense" it's almost not worth mentioning. I could endlessly tell you that an Austin Martin DB5 is a far better car to drive (in real life) compared to an E-Type Jaguar but I couldn't and wouldn't try to justify that decision to anybody because it's not a common sense choice...it's very much an emotional choice because for whatever reason, an Austin Martin DB5 is MY car and an E-Type Jaguar isn't!!

I could do exactly the same with Gunther Grass & Victor Hugo, with Robert Rauschenberg & Francis Bacon, with John Cale & Morrissey. I could probably line up a million facts as to why one of each of those is preferred by me over the other but those facts would mean nothing as all those choices are emotional choices rather than being chosen because of the same cold facts that I gave you.

If people are enjoying a game then that really is fantastic, it's just good to hear that people are!!! I find that having fun is the reason that I tend to play games. I wouldn't have any problems with people enjoying a game which I don't enjoy playing at all because it doesn't affect my enjoyment.

If people want to argue endlessly about whether Game A is better than Game B, that's fine but it doesn't really achieve anything apart from keeping you away from playing Game A...or even Game B if you're brave enough to put up with all the crappy graphics, disc swapping, physics, slow loading, vehicles, reload animations, weather, AI, music, etc, etc....Lol!

Thanks for your time people, it's been a pleasure...I'm sure that you'll be relieved to hear I have stuff to do now lol!

Comment

I personally think this will look amazin I even thought the HD demo was impressive. The delay is prob to add a million cars lol. The A.I needs dealin with, but I am not to bothered about the delay or crash damage as it will make 2008 a good year to own a PS3 n thats suits me cus I prob won't own one till near then.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
          There isn't really anything to elaborate on over what I said earlier...

these things are qualitative and can never be confirmed as true or untrue...because they are just different, but equally relevant opinions rather than facts. There is no way substantive way of measuring graphics, physics or quality.

Nice

Originally posted by JU! View Post
          I personally think this will look amazin I even thought the HD demo was impressive. The delay is prob to add a million cars lol. The A.I needs dealin with, but I am not to bothered about the delay or crash damage as it will make 2008 a good year to own a PS3 n thats suits me cus I prob won't own one till near then.
          Post-Modern Irony ????

Comment

Gran Turismo 5

It's no real surprise to see Sony announce a Gran Turismo 5: Prologue game on PSN for the end of the year. But since it's looks awesome, I'm willing to let it slide. Update: Trailer

Usual HD video and images again... It is gorgeous to look it, but does the game actually look like that to play?

This image for example is just stunning...

But make sure you look through them all as the attention to detail in it is brilliant.

Oh, and 3D grass is in!

Comment

Check out the shadow of the wing-mirror on the yellow Viper.

Aside from that, if the graphics are like that in motion on a 1080p set I'll eat my own ass. I can't see it to be honest, although the trackside detail is basically non-existant so who knows.

Comment

modelling is just insane!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                  Check out the shadow of the wing-mirror on the yellow Viper.

Aside from that, if the graphics are like that in motion on a 1080p set I'll eat my own ass. I can't see it to be honest, although the trackside detail is basically non-existant so who knows.
                  I'm not sure about eating my arse, but I agree David, chances of that being Realtime seem slim to me.

But then I thought the COD4 trailer was CGI, so these days I just dunno anymore.

Comment

Looks real-time to me. Probably been touched up though to no doubt clear the jaggies.

Comment

Looks real-time to me. Probably been touched up though to no doubt clear the jaggies.
                      I think when developers really know what their doing, have better developing tools, and get more experience with the PS3, their games won't have any jaggies. According to the Eurogamer preview of Killzone 2, the game has full-scene anti-aliasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shearie View Post
                        I think when developers really know what their doing, have better developing tools, and get more experience with the PS3, their games won't have any jaggies. According to the Eurogamer preview of Killzone 2, the game has full-scene anti-aliasing.
                        It seems that all the Sony led games come with FSAA now, Warhawk looked perfect and it's being reported on all of their games.

Comment

Yeah all that's all well and good but i want to know if there's a London Street Race?

Comment

Graphically, the Gran Turismo series is always spot on.

That F430 model looks almost like real life, great to see the GT series back up there.

I'm hoping Gran Turismo 5 takes a few years to be made, not only to get every possible track and car in there, but to give me time to save up for a HD TV and a PS3!

Comment

Look at the blemishes in the white line alongside the F430, even the small black mark in the road. Do you see it, the repetition? </Columbo>
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                Look at the blemishes in the white line alongside the F430, even the small black mark in the road. Do you see it, the repetition? </Columbo>

You're right, bah, it's utter plop!

Comment

Working...
                                X