No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, I do. It's the only way to read this thread.

Man, I hope this comes out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      I must have missed this back when they released it. Simply stunning to watch. I just hope it's as much fun to play.
      i can still spot a few little tears/frame dips - that needs to go...

Comment

I'm wondering if Yamauchi might be feeling compelled to keep adding things as the game keeps getting put back, sort of like "it's been in development this long already, we need to have something funky to show for it at the end". It's like GT Mobile, it too so long that naturally people are going to wonder what all that time was spent on.

I for one would still be perfectly happy if it didn't have things like GT TV, motorbikes and F1 cars. Perhaps they could've just been DLC, released as they were completed.

Do you lot think it's worth picking up Prologue this late, or should I just wait? It's only a tenner or so, so maybe I should.

Comment

Nope, get GT4 instead.

Comment

I still play and enjoy Prologue now but I'm not sure whether to recommend getting it or not.

You have to bear in mind that Prologue is a very different game from GT5, pretty much everything has changed since then but it definitely feels like an older game. There's a world of difference with the physics between Prologue Spec I, II & III and the press who've played recent versions of GT5 say there's even more of a jump.

GT5 could be out by Christmas so you just have to work out if you think you'll get enough play out of it.

Sony reps have on more than one occasion mentioned that cars from both GT PSP and Prologue would be able to be imported into GT5 so I suppose you can look at it as a way of building up your collection before the main game. I've got all the Prologue cars and about 790 from the PSP but I'm not sure if I'll import them or not as collecting them is part of what I like about the franchise, I suppose the 300+ I don't yet have would keep me going for a while though.

EDIT:
            May as well add that Kazunori Yamauchi is taking part in the Nurburgring 24 Hour championship at the moment.
            Last edited by JP; 15-05-2010, 16:30.

Comment

I already have GT4 on my ps2 but that's in the attic. I'll probably grab Prologue then as at least it'll give me something nice to look at, and the PS3's been back in the box since ssf4 came out so it's a good excuse.

Not looking forward to updating it though, last I checked people were recommending downloading over LAN!

Comment

A bit of N?rburgring Nordschleife Gameplay.

Comment

Is there any in-car footage? The external stuff doesn't give any sensation of speed.

Comment

There's this from about a month ago but it's a different version of the course.

What I like about that video (Apart from minimax's choice of soundtrack) is that it's a good indication of Polyphony Digital moving away from the flat surfaces that you usually find in console racers.

The Nurburgring is an incredibly bumpy course as after all it's a toll road rather than a race track, these things are standard in Sims such as iRacing and it's the sort of detail that is very important to the sim community.

Comment

Not a great deal of variety as they only show one event but these are all from the Gran Turismo 5 stand at N?rburgring over the past 24 hours and collated by the people on GT Planet.

Comment

God that game footage still looks incredible!

I couldn't care less about the people that still love to critisise this game at every chance they have, some people only coming into threads to lay down their hate. I, personally, know i'm going to love every minute of GT5 when it finally arrives, despite any missing features.

In the meantime, I'll keep playing Forza 3 and other racing games untill it comes out.

Yeah, people can enjoy more than one racing game.

Comment

That's pretty much exactly what I think.

Really enjoyed Forza 3, completed Season 4 and got to Driver Level 35 last night so I have spent a few hours on it so far. They've always been very different franchises though and GT is my favourite driving franchise.

It's difficult to know what GT5 will bring as Polyphony have been pretty reserved in what they're announced so far which is standard for them. I could well end up being really poor but there's been nothing I've seen or read which suggests that so far.

Hopefully they'll finally release some proper info at E3 this year.

Comment

That in-car stuff looks aces - extreme pitching on the brakes! Amazing how different (not better or worse) it looks from Forza.

Comment

The German PlayStation Blog has a write up of the 24hr Nürburgring race with some photos on Facebook and they're releasing videos at the weekend. Not sure if they'll be about the race or the game though.

The race didn't go too badly for Yamauchi as he finished 4th in his class (60th overall) which is OK when you consider they started in 174th position due to fuel pump problems with the car.
                              Last edited by JP; 17-05-2010, 19:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                                God that game footage still looks incredible!

I couldn't care less about the people that still love to critisise this game at every chance they have, some people only coming into threads to lay down their hate.
                                Hey, hey, hey - I would seriously balk at playing GT if you paid me, but I still think that footage looks amazing. I'll never buy the thing, but I've watched the night driving trailer countless times.

Comment

Working...
                                X