No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody's gonna be interested by the time it does actually come out. Same with the PSP one.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I hope you're right, Joe, or else we'll be waiting ten years for GT6:4D (or whatever other dimension Sony decide to claim to have invented with the PS4)

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
      2012?
      You know what'd be really funny? If the world ends in 2012 just like John Cusack predicted last year, and GT5 still hasn't come out

Comment

The PSP one is a fine game indeed. I play it all the time, if only to collect loads of cars so that I won't have to actually play GT5 too much after I've done the transfer thing.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
          You know what'd be really funny? If the world ends in 2012 just like John Cusack predicted last year, and GT5 still hasn't come out
          They're announcing the date at E3. Kaz Hirai walks onto the stage, the lights go down, and on the screen behind him in GT font the following text appears:

"Gran Turismo 5, releasing..."

<fade to black>

"ON THE EVE OF THE ARMAGEDDON!"

Comment

No, tell me it isn't so! Not on the eve of...

CARMAGT5EDDON!

Worse still, what if the armageddon trigger phrase turns out to be the ancient Mayan translation of RIIIIIIDGE RACERRR

Or, what if the weight of expectations placed upon GT5 becomes so great that it actually causes an earthquake from all that weight that triggers the events leading to John Cusackageddon!
            Last edited by randombs; 26-05-2010, 20:48.

Comment

Although i'm starting to hope it will bomb due to the comedy that is Polyphonys PR, i am willing to bet GT5 proper is going to sell close to 10 million copies.

But these might be delays on Sony's part. 3D, Move and all.
              Last edited by saturn-gamer; 26-05-2010, 21:19.

Comment

If a delay to implement PS Move and 3D is in anyway true then it's a bad omen as to the final product as it show's that their approach to the game is completely off target now. Let's be honest, both could have been implemented via patch

Comment

How will 3D possibly work in a driving game? It needs the whole screen in focus so you can plan your corner entry. How will the 3D possibly decide where you want to focus?

It will be poo, mark my words. 3D should stick to films.

Comment

3D should stick to real life.

Comment

For what its worth, IGN was raving about the 3D in Killzone 3.

Comment

IGN rave about everything!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          How will 3D possibly work in a driving game? It needs the whole screen in focus so you can plan your corner entry. How will the 3D possibly decide where you want to focus?
                          This technology is no different to how your eyes/brain work in real life. YOU decide where you want to focus.

There was this nice interview with a Sony dev who made the analogy of playing a current driving game similar to driving with one eye shut (not recommended).

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            3D should stick to films.
                            There's really no need for it in film, a skilled director can create a sense of depth just like a good photographer can.

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
                              This technology is no different to how your eyes/brain work in real life. YOU decide where you want to focus.
                              That's not how it works in the cinema - the film decides where the focal point is still by the angle of the 2 cameras. I can' see how it would be any different in games. You can look at different parts of the screen, but it still won't be in focus.

Ultimately games could end up detecting your eye movements and changing the focal points accordingly, which gives them the advantage over film, but the technology for that level of sensitivity is a while off and will destroy multiplayer gaming in the same room (not too much of a biggie - most of my gaming is solo).

Comment

People are co nfusing 3d with depth of field. It's possible to have 3d in a game and still have everything in focus.

Comment

Working...
                                X