No announcement yet.

[360] MotoGP 07 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant get this to run, it just locks up whilst loading.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Not me - it simply doesn't offer enough that's different over other versions of this game. This is what 06 should have been and with MotoGP 1 + 2 now on the BC list ( 2 being the optimum version ), there's no way I'm going to pay full price for this.
      It's also kind of annoying that a simple addon or patch through Xbox Live could have resolved any issues with the 06 version. It's not like it is going to be a big seller at anyrate. A budget release would have sufficed.

Oh, I don't have an Xbox 360 to play it on anyway. Denied

Comment

I love the menus on this game, great style. When you set up your own session online and select a track, it gives you a speed preview of the course in a window.

The only thing that worries me about this game is all the usual crew I used to play it online with on Moto GP 1 and 2, aren't going to get this one. Will the community be as good now we're on the 5th one? This is shaping up to be the best one yet. I still wish it didn't have extreme mode on it though, it ruins the overall ranking system.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
          I cant get this to run, it just locks up whilst loading.
          Did that to me the first time I tried it - just a black screen. Since that one time it has been fine though I thought I'd screwed the dload by switching the 360 on & off a couple of times whilst dloading but it's fine.

Comment

Christ this is out in 6 days.

Shopto so maybe sooner

Not me - it simply doesn't offer enough that's different over other versions of this game. This is what 06 should have been and with MotoGP 1 + 2 now on the BC list ( 2 being the optimum version ), there's no way I'm going to pay full price for this.
            But haven't you fallen into the classic trap of judging by the demo?

This seems pretty decent to me :
            • Fully licensed riders, tracks and bikes from the current 2007 MotoGP Season
            • Extreme Mode
            • 17 rebuilt and expanded Extreme Tracks
            • Full extreme bike customization affecting bike design and performance
            • 20 all new Extreme Bikes
            • Up to 16 online players per race in GP and Extreme mode
            • Pink slip racing - gamble your bike on-line
            • New on-line tournaments
            • Photorealistic graphics
            • 60 frames per second
            • Improved AI (realistic avoidance, human error, improved rider bunching, improved AI slow cornering)
            • Improved handling giving more visual feedback
            • Improved accessibility with more challenges, tutorials and reward system
            • New and improved riders' animations
            Given MotoGP is the current pinnacle of it's genre I'd say there's enough there to warrant a buy - pink slip racing, online tourneys, customisable bikes (has it ever had that before?) and the AI improvements are enough for me never mind the much more robust & refined graphics engine.
            Last edited by Yoshimax; 28-07-2007, 11:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
              But haven't you fallen into the classic trap of judging by the demo?
              No - the only new thing I can see is pink slip racing, and there's no way that's going to be much fun given the way Xbox-live tends to work with cheating and kicking. I will buy it, just not at full price when really it's the same thing again but with the 07 bikes and riders.

MotoGP 2
              * MotoGP 2 puts players in control on some of the most advanced racing machines on the planet.
              * On-line play supporting up to 16 players.
              * Game features 7 modes, 16 real world tracks, all of the 500cc bikes and riders from the 2002 MotoGP series.
              * Intuitive, arcade style control system for the hardcore racing fan.
              * A variety of innovative gameplay elements, supported by the revolutionary graphical and technical features of Climax's motor sports engine.
              * Variable weather conditions.
              * Custom created riders and bikes.

Moto GP 3
              * All 16 official tracks.
              * 6 different game modes: Quick Race, Grand Prix Mode, Extreme Mode, Time Trial, Training Mode, Multiplayer.
              * All 24 riders from the 2004 Season.
              * New Extreme Mode:
              * 16 street racing tracks from around the world.
              * New customisable street racing bikes.
              * Prove to the World You're the Best Online:
              * Up to 16 on-line players per race.
              * Full seeding system.
              * Spectator mode.

Moto GP 06
              # All the bikes, riders and tracks from the brand new 2006 MotoGP season
              # Xbox 360 High Definition graphics at 60fps ( yeah - right )
              # Rebuilt Extreme tracks - "Streamlined for Speed"
              # 4 new tracks (Shanghai, Laguna Seca, Istanbul and Coastal Highway)
              # Up to 16 players on Xbox Live
              # Challenge Mode
              # Commentator and Spectator modes online
              # 4-player split-screen multiplayer
              # New improved audio

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                If they are then I don't know what they've done to them to sound so lame. That's enough negatives from me.
                The bikes are real recordings and they do sound like that when standing 20 feet away.

Im an avid Motogp follower and trust me the Honda in the demo does sound exactly the same as if you was next to the bike.

Comment

No - the only new thing I can see is pink slip racing, and there's no way that's going to be much fun given the way Xbox-live tends to work with cheating and kicking. I will buy it, just not at full price when really it's the same thing again but with the 07 bikes and riders.

MotoGP 2
                  * MotoGP 2 puts players in control on some of the most advanced racing machines on the planet.
                  * On-line play supporting up to 16 players.
                  * Game features 7 modes, 16 real world tracks, all of the 500cc bikes and riders from the 2002 MotoGP series.
                  * Intuitive, arcade style control system for the hardcore racing fan.
                  * A variety of innovative gameplay elements, supported by the revolutionary graphical and technical features of Climax's motor sports engine.
                  * Variable weather conditions.
                  * Custom created riders and bikes.

Moto GP 3
                  * All 16 official tracks.
                  * 6 different game modes: Quick Race, Grand Prix Mode, Extreme Mode, Time Trial, Training Mode, Multiplayer.
                  * All 24 riders from the 2004 Season.
                  * New Extreme Mode:
                  * 16 street racing tracks from around the world.
                  * New customisable street racing bikes.
                  * Prove to the World You're the Best Online:
                  * Up to 16 on-line players per race.
                  * Full seeding system.
                  * Spectator mode.

Moto GP 06
                  # All the bikes, riders and tracks from the brand new 2006 MotoGP season
                  # Xbox 360 High Definition graphics at 60fps ( yeah - right )
                  # Rebuilt Extreme tracks - "Streamlined for Speed"
                  # 4 new tracks (Shanghai, Laguna Seca, Istanbul and Coastal Highway)
                  # Up to 16 players on Xbox Live
                  # Challenge Mode
                  # Commentator and Spectator modes online
                  # 4-player split-screen multiplayer
                  # New improved audio
                  What do you actually want from a game which follows the motogp series??

Your not going to get side cars or anything like that so i really dont see your point.

As to it being the same then yes it is as it's a game they dont need improve on gameplay but can visually.

Comment

Thankyou for assuring me thats right, As i could allways swear that the bikes were real recordings since MotoGP 3 onwards.

I also think this need the Isle of Mann (Is that the right spelling) track.

Comment

What chance this will be region free i know moto gp 06 was , and most of thq releases have been, so i assume this one will be with any luck.

Comment

Originally posted by chucky_uk View Post
                        What do you actually want from a game which follows the motogp series??

Your not going to get side cars or anything like that so i really dont see your point.

As to it being the same then yes it is as it's a game they dont need improve on gameplay but can visually.
                        I've found the control system went backwards a bit since MotoGP 2 as different teams took over development - just been playing MotoGP 2 to compare and the handling is better. MotoGP 2 also benefitted from having the fantastic 2002 season.

Namco have managed very well to churn out differences on the MotoGP series on the PS2, the last game included 250cc and 125cc racing, which gives a whole different slant on the racing - MotoGP on Xb/Xb360 have become stale by comparison, which I suspect is why this completely unrelated nothing at all to do with MotoGP Extreme racing started getting included.

Comment

I like the Extreme racing, i probably played extereme mode more than the actual moto gp game in 06.

Either way the online racing alone is enough to want to buy the 07 version, i am hooked to the demo now! some very close races!

Comment

I actually enjoyed the Extreme races in '06 in the end, did quite a lot of them, was just annoying how easy it was for you to get knocked off

Online play in the demo is all good and there are some amazingly quick people out there already.

Comment

yeah i had a look at the top times, 1.02 on Laguna!

I have managed a 1.07 but 5 seconds difference is just rediculous, how do they do it!

Comment

Originally posted by chucky_uk View Post
                                The bikes are real recordings and they do sound like that when standing 20 feet away.

Im an avid Motogp follower and trust me the Honda in the demo does sound exactly the same as if you was next to the bike.
                                My R1 sounds better than the prototype race machines in this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X