No announcement yet.

Imports - stopped getting them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i choose to buy import or PAL depending on how quickly i will get them. whichever will turn up on my doorstep first gets bought.

i mainly play 360 so importing isn't too much of an issue as most games are released in the same week and shopto.net get it to me quicker and cheaper than an import. i also own a jap 360 to get certain games early or to get asian only games

i have 3 ps2s to cover the necessary regions and tend to import more titles for that now. PAL PS2 makes me feel icky.

Comment

Imports are all i buy, out of all my games i own about 3 in english & they are us imports. All the rest is japanese.

I have my username as a reason (^_^)

Comment

*Awaits Shane to come in and mouth off* He doesn't understand see.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm totally not bothered with importing anymore. PAL releases have gotten good enough for me in this current generation, and the internet is cheap enough. Old age is mellowing my gaming desires and easing my collecting OCDness considerably

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            I go into GAME and GS and act like a total casual from time to time. I ask for advice on "new releases" that I've owned for 6 months, and then not buy them. It amuses me sometimes.
            How sad.

I import some DS games (although my flash cart kind of stopped that) and most of my 360 games unless they're cheap or if I want them straight away (The Darkness and Flatout from Shopto).

Comment

For me it's the consoles that aren't very import friendly.

If my wii develops a fault, back to Game it goes - no problems. Just read around these forums for nightmares involving dead import PS3s, 360s and Wiis.

Just not worth the hassle IMO. The only imports I bother with these days are DS games. Just wish consoles were region free, like handhelds.

Comment

I don't import anywhere near as much as i used too since the latest gen has started, i decided to go with a Pal 360, Wii & PS3. It is nice having the PSP / PS3 region free as you have no warranty problems and the option of buying imports. I still buy the odd titles not available here like Rainfan etc...., but it is more retro imports for me. I think what has put me off going current gen import is the cost, although the machines are cheaper than Pal machines, their cost is still high and it is alot of money to risk incase there are problems, i would rather invest the money in games.

Comment

ps2 i import fighting and shooting games

even imported the odd pc game like castle of shikigami 3 doujin games and the upcoming melty blood act candenza ver b

did import my xbox 360......ok it was for senko no ronde.....i have to say i really thought there would be no chance of a pal release so i was really suprised

Comment

Just about all my gameplay is on the 360 now and you just dont have to import for the 360 because unlike Sony and Nintendo MS arent fookin dire and they actually get games out here almost the same week as the US.

Comment

I've not been importing as my 360 has been my console of choice of late. Most of the games seem to come out in the UK around the same time as the USA (or even sooner sometimes in the case of Flatout). I could/should probably order the the region free ones from PA for a tenner or so less, but I'd rather have them in a timely fashion (hate waiting!)

I may well get back into importing for the PS3, when something appears worthy of a purchase!

Not games related, but I do buy all of my Blu Rays (as I did my HD-DVDs) from overseas. Financial reasons there a-plenty, and they are still released state-side some good few months ahead of UK releases.

Comment

I import all the time for my Japanese Xbox 360. Nice cheap Asian games! The only time I buy PAL games these days are second hand games that are region free for the 360. Apart from that everything I get is Japanese or Asian. Oh yeah, and I'm another who get all my HD DVDs from the US.

So these days my main reason for importing is simply price (and the occasional game that doesn't get a release in the west). It used to be the coolness factor though. There was something great about interrupting the SNES vs Megadrive arguments back at school by saying "But what about the PC Engine, eh? Eh???"

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          *Awaits Shane to come in and mouth off* He doesn't understand see.

I read that quickly and thought it said something different altogether.

I thought, 'lucky boy, i'd never leave the house'.

Comment

I have a US Wii, mainly due to the release schedule in Europe and I can get the games slightly cheaper than on PAL most of the time.

PS3, I buy JPN versions if they come out significantly ahead of the EUR/US releases, or are unlikely to make their way over to EUR/US. If I'm getting an English language version it will be US, simply because of the price.

PSP prices over here aren't too bad so I will usually buy PAL versions for that. Have just got a DS Lite and the pure range of titles available in JPN means I will probably be importing more than I will be buying in PAL land.

Comment

I have a Japanese X360 for the cheapness of games and the possibility of any 'never in the west' titles. There is generally little choice but to import but I don't play the machine these days so it doesn't matter.

I've a US PS3 but so far have bought only US or Japanese games either online or on these forums. I don't quite see the need to pay UK retail prices even it means I have to wait for the post. If price isn't so much an issue I'll go for what I think is the better release, e.g. US Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

After owning an import Cube and N64 I went back to PAL for the Wii. It was released on my birthday and I had day off too. Naturally, everything that was initially great about those three events (new Nintendo console, birthday and day off) has now soured. It's my own fault, of course. I just thought "Maybe...maybe PAL and Nintendo won't be such a disastrous double act this time around." Fool.

Comment

I'd say i still import more than 50% of my games although most 360 games i buy are UK ones. I do buy some 360 games from the states and all my PS2 games are Japanese. Almost all my DS/PSP games are either from Japan or the US, in fact i can't understand why anyone would pay high street prices for DS games when you can get new releases from America for under £20.

Comment

Working...
                                X