Edge 180 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ish View Post
    What bothers me is the inconsistency between there reviews. Some games they wax lyrical about and note that "a couple of flaws" (briefly skimmed over) stop it being a 9 or 10 but leave a good impression. Then you get other reviews that pound away incessantly at the flaws and make you wander why it got that score. Meh.
    A mega truth.

I read an 8 in Edge and the whole text is dripping with niggles and gripes, a litany of twists and moans about why, goddamit, this-here-game is not worth a 9. They spend the whole review dissecting and deconstructing the hype surrounding the game, rather than talking about the good bits of the game itself.

Then I read an 8 in gamestm and I feel the love for the game, man. Much positivity with a paragraph or two at the end to discuss the odd fault.

The style of an 8 review in Edge is just depressing.

Comment

Edge reviews are pretentious drivel. Since Edge 1, they have set out their stall to write about anything except the game. Their reviews read like thesis papers at times and are bordering on elitist nonsense.

So, make up your own mind. Ignore Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
        So, make up your own mind. Ignore Edge.
        Bit of a contradiction, no?

Comment

And it goes on and on

Comment

I'd laugh if they gave Prime 3 a 6 or something next issue

Comment

They'd only have to not give it a 10 for someone to start slinging toys from their pram.

Comment

I don't think it matters what they give a game these days, some people just enjoy slating them. The amount of people that come in these threads bitching about the scores before even reading the review...

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post

And it goes on and on

Everything comes to an end sometime, so must this...right?

Comment

The review of Bioshock was quite negative, although I thought fair. Heavenly sword sounded good as well, even though it only got a 6. Which I think is not a bad score.

Comment

I haven't visited these forums for near a year, and the edge review scores are causing even more of a fuss than ever before. Its bloody pathetic.
                      The arguements are ridiculous, I wouldnt be surprised if they are coming from prepubsecent school boys:
                      • everyone else gave it high scores
                      • the same as space giraffe lolz
                      The Space Giraffe arguement drives me mad, your comparing a ?4 game to a ?40 game. They are not appraised the same way!

Edge have rated some of my favorite games in the average (or low) it still doesn't stop me enjoying them!

It saddens me that such unintelligent drivel can find its way onto what was mostly a great forum.

Comment

Originally posted by winky View Post
                        I haven't visited these forums for near a year, and the edge review scores are causing even more of a fuss than ever before. Its bloody pathetic.
                        The arguements are ridiculous, I wouldnt be surprised if they are coming from prepubsecent school boys:
                        • everyone else gave it high scores
                        • the same as space giraffe lolz
                        The Space Giraffe arguement drives me mad, your comparing a ?4 game to a ?40 game. They are not appraised the same way!

Edge have rated some of my favorite games in the average (or low) it still doesn't stop me enjoying them!

It saddens me that such unintelligent drivel can find its way onto what was mostly a great forum.
                        This has already been pointed out by myself and countless other people. Alas, it makes no difference...but people are entitled to their opinions.

Such stupid comments make for a good laugh however, so every cloud...

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                          I can't imagine it will, but if the Edge review puts just one person off buying Bioshock then the reviewer deserves to be shot for his stupidity.
                          I think you win today's Internet Overreaction Award hands-down, and I've just been reading the hideous PS3Fanboy and N4G comment sections.

So go you!

Comment

he posted that days ago

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                              he posted that days ago
                              The award is always given on a Sunday, and it can be applied retroactively.

*ahem*

Comment

Jesus, this thread will never die.

Comment

Working...
                                X