X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the info I've read seems to suggest all sticks are wired

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post
      The PS3 sticks are wireless. They have a dongle that plugs into the USB socket, rather than using the bluetooth.
      Its just the pads that are wireless, The sticks are 100% wired.

Comment

Sorry, yes, you're right. They talked about the PS3 ones being wireless on the Gamecyte podcast, but I didn't realise it was just the pads.

Comment

I'v now got an email from shopto saying that the price of the stick I pre ordered (and then they cancelled) has dropped down in price?!?! I'm confused.

Comment

Looks like ShopTo have stopped pre-orders on the 360 TE stick as well... demand man, the demand!

As a complete aside here from the discussion over control, and as someone who pretty much missed out playing any iteration of SF3, could someone be so kind as to run through a basic guide to doing things in SF4? Now I've played the game a fair bit and I figured out a few things, but I'd probably be missing some of the more integral features.

LP+LK = throw
            MP+MK = charge move
            HP+HK = taunt

What do you need for the ultra moves for example? How does that gauge work compared to the super bar (is this what I've seen also referred to as the revenge meter)? I think it builds up when you take damage but resets after every round, right? There is just one super move per character correct? Naturally I was mostly playing as the peeps I was fairly familiar with (Ken and Sagat) so I didn't get to try to experiment too much.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D View Post
              Not a chance I'm paying for the TE stick.
              Good lad

Comment

so far they haven't cancelled mine even though I got an email saying as much. No word from play yet.

Comment

Madcatz will have limited preorders on their official store today.

Peripheral manufacturer Mad Catz has said it will struggle to meet UK demand for the official FightStick: Tournament Ed…

Comment

I'm not too bothered about the stick as the ??? is a little steep (okay not steep, vertical) but I am going to try and get the Ken & Chun-Li fight pads as they remind me of the ASCII Dreamcast pad I have for Capcom VS SNK 2 and that is sooooooo comfortable.

In fact, I could get the game, both pads, the strategy guide and my BFH for less than the price of one Tourney stick.

Sounds like a plan

Comment

Just got another email from shopto saying the price has gone back up to £54.99! I wish they would a) figure out if they are actually getting them and b) how much they will cost rather than sending me about 5 emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Looks like ShopTo have stopped pre-orders on the 360 TE stick as well... demand man, the demand!

As a complete aside here from the discussion over control, and as someone who pretty much missed out playing any iteration of SF3, could someone be so kind as to run through a basic guide to doing things in SF4? Now I've played the game a fair bit and I figured out a few things, but I'd probably be missing some of the more integral features.

LP+LK = throw
                        MP+MK = charge move
                        HP+HK = taunt

What do you need for the ultra moves for example? How does that gauge work compared to the super bar (is this what I've seen also referred to as the revenge meter)? I think it builds up when you take damage but resets after every round, right? There is just one super move per character correct? Naturally I was mostly playing as the peeps I was fairly familiar with (Ken and Sagat) so I didn't get to try to experiment too much.
                        The inputs required for Ultra Combos and Super Combos for each character differ - but they all follow the same form. Take Ryu for example - his super combo is down, down-forwards, forwards, down, down-forwards, forwards and punch.

His ultra combo is the same - but with all three punch buttons (down, down-forwards, forwards, down, down-forwards, forwards and light + medium + heavy punch).

Your super combo bar doesn't deplete between rounds, whereas your ultra combo bar drains at the end of each round if you haven't used it.

As your super combo bar charges, it charges in four sections - once a section is charged you can use it to perform EX moves. Again take Ryu's hurricane kick: down, down-backward, backward and kick - this will perform the standard version of the move. If you have one or more segments of your super combo bar charged - you can "upgrade" the move to it's EX version by using two kick buttons instead of just the one. (down, down-backward, backward + medium kick + heavy kick for example). Clearly if you use an EX version of any move - your super combo bar depletes by a segment. This doesn't affect your Ultra Combo bar at all.

Many moves in the game have EX versions, including the spinning piledriver and the Sho-Ryu-Ken!

The Ultra combo bar charges in two segments - half, and full - you can perform the Ultra Combo when one segment is full - but it is more powerful if you wait for the gauge to max out.

Also: Ultra Combos and Super Combos are different animations – some of which are truly spectacular!
                        Last edited by Widegoat; 18-01-2009, 20:23. Reason: SHO-RYU-KEN!

Comment

Looks like they've come and gone from Madcatz website too (within minutes, if that even!) - "Pre-orders Temporarily Suspended"

Comment

They were never up, I've been refreshing all afternoon

Comment

Gee, they sure seem to be in high demand.

I got two sticks pre-ordered from play and shopto.

I was going to cancel Play one as its £30 more.

I'm just glad I pre-ordered two. I'm going to see what how it all pans out in the end...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                                They were never up, I've been refreshing all afternoon
                                Up now for £150

£70 for the standard stick & £35 for the pads.
                                Last edited by Geoff D; 14-01-2009, 15:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X