No announcement yet.

Super / Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so hyped for this. I haven't looked forward to a game so much since Mario Galaxy; I just hope that the pads & sticks arrive prior to, or at the same time as, the game, so I don't have to make do with the standard controller :/

Comment

Originally posted by Morph View Post
      Looks like the competition fever has already started..

"Thats what I expect"
      "Go for broke"
      "Looks like a new challenger has entered the ring, you must crush them" (not sure I've got this one right)
      I'm looking forward to this. I'll probably start going in March. Anyone else gonna participate?

Comment

@ Geezer: cheers, that's what i was needing to know

As for this competition, I may go along to one or two of them just for a laugh. The last neoempire do in the Summer was amazing so I'm hoping this will still be pretty decent, if only for the atmosphere.

Comment

SFIV intro. Sadly features somekind of Backstreet Bwoys music

Comment

Anyone else had their Amazon fightpad order cancelled as they cannot get stock?

Comment

No, which one did you order?

I have Ken pads ordered for both 360 and PS3.

Comment

That music is dire! Maybe the japanese intro will have better/different music?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                  No, which one did you order?

I have Ken pads ordered for both 360 and PS3.
                  False alarm, I think the one I ordered was a generic fightpad, and they've cancelled that as they've added the different pads now.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
                    That music is dire! Maybe the japanese intro will have better/different music?
                    lol I bet that will be the Japanese one anyway if they do have different intros for East and West, as it's by Exile who are Japanese.

I wonder if they were trying to go for something they could stick on the Western versions anyway to save money/hassle?

Comment

That intro looked GREAT! I'd seen the original one they showed a year ago, just Ken and Ryu but this is miles better. Close up of Ryu's face still looks a bit odd, though.

Didn't hear the music as I'm pumping my choons, so glad this isn't a PS3 exclusive, would've bought back memories of owning a Megadrive and not owning a Super Famicom at the time of SF2s release.

Comment

lol PS3 exclusive. They'd have to be mad to do something like that!

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                          Didn't hear the music as I'm pumping my choons
                          Your lucky you didn't. It makes me miss the rap song from SFIII instead and that was hideous.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                            lol I bet that will be the Japanese one anyway if they do have different intros for East and West, as it's by Exile who are Japanese.

I wonder if they were trying to go for something they could stick on the Western versions anyway to save money/hassle?
                            At least it's only an intro theme. The in-game music should be of a much higher standard.

Comment

Music makes me want to vom but I still love the ink part of the whole design. Like all else I've seen with SFIV though, the music totally clashes - there seems to be little coherence in the design package. But, being honest, it still sounds better to me than 'I wanna take you for a ride' from MvC2.

I'm unsure of what version to get.

I mean, 360 will likely have better connections and more players, right? But then, well, there's the old RRoD. I can never be sure how long I'll have a working 360 which pushes me towards the PS3. And, if I get a pad (certainly won't be going for a stick, man you guys are rich), the PS3 one is wireless so that would seem to be the way to go... hmmm... decisions...

Comment

If you intend to use pad over stick, the fact that you can use USB Saturn controllers on the PS3 may or may not sway you.

Since I'm armed with nothing more than a laptop, it's the PC version for me (out in May). Since the arcade Taito Type X2 hardware is nothing more than a PC anyway, the port should be straight forward (and Capcom's last 3 PC ports were top notch anyway), and I'm hoping the PC version might grab the GGPO/2DF Freeplay/MAME crowd anyway. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X