No announcement yet.

Super / Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind of feel a bit sorry for madcatz. They usually get loads of grief for selling cheap rubbish products. Now they are getting loads of grief for making a really good product that costs too much.

I do think they are charging a bit much for these though. Especially when you can buy rock band for less. You should get the game free with the te stick.

Comment

Originally posted by ne0star View Post
      ..You should get the game free with the te stick.
      True story..

Comment

I have to say, given Madcatz's previous output, that box opening ceremony was pretty special, I really wanted those hands to be my own hands

They've really gone to town with all the little things, especially the removable feet, and the switch to disable the guide button.

It's such a shame about the numbers, hopefully they'll re-release either one or both later on down the line. I can still imagine their next joypad/steering wheel/etc adventure being the usual, though

Comment

Is there definately only going to be about 3000, as someone's already mentioned in this thread?

If so, I think the US will eat them on day one

Comment

They are going back into production apparently, I don't know what the final number will be. I've no doubt that Amazon will fulfill my preorder, eventually. I'll be very happy if they get it to me on day one though

Comment

I emailed Play.com after making my preorder. They said...

We anticipate having enough stock of this item to fulfil all the pre-orders we have taken. However this information is based upon the stock allocation we have been told to expect, and unfortunately we are not always given as much stock as promised, and thus we are not able to guarantee delivery.
              Just hope Madcatz have enough time to get more out for release.

Comment

I've got two TE sticks on pre-order... you think if neither are cancelled I should receive both and sell one onto some desperate soul here?
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Markman on Shoryuken.com has rubbished the 3000 units claim and said a lot more then that were made, he wouldn't go into numbers but as you can imagine 3000 is probably not even enough to satisfy demand in one state let alone across a whole US.

Comment

Originally posted by ne0star View Post
                    I do think they are charging a bit much for these though. Especially when you can buy rock band for less. You should get the game free with the te stick.
                    No one's forcing you to buy the stick, it's just extra. It's not like you CAN'T play the game without some 100$+ stick...

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                      No one's forcing you to buy the stick, it's just extra. It's not like you CAN'T play the game without some 100$+ stick...
                      I never said they were and your clearly missing my point. The general opinion is they are charging a lot for it considering what it is. They could sell it cheaper while still making a decent profit.

But at the end of the day I doubt they give tuppence because demand has out stripped supply..

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                        Markman on Shoryuken.com has rubbished the 3000 units claim and said a lot more then that were made, he wouldn't go into numbers but as you can imagine 3000 is probably not even enough to satisfy demand in one state let alone across a whole US.
                        Good to hear.

Comment

Do you guys recon I will be able to just pick up the standard stick on the day of release.

As I'm late to the party again i was hoping i could just pick up a copy of the game and standard stick from Game on my way to work on the 20th.

Comment

Seeing as Game are selling them, maybe you should try in-store on day 1.

Comment

Is it possible to get the SF pad anywhere at the mo?

Comment

Does anyone know if the Ryu cover has definately been picked for the european version of the game? I would've take the Japanese or US one over it any day. Ryu just looks plain ugly and the match up of Ken VS Chu li just looks odd.
                                Last edited by tokyochojin; 25-01-2009, 16:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X