Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GP2X F200 - With Touchscreen and Improved D-Pad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
    Don't worry about AYB, he's a born moaner! ;P
    lol I just tell it like it is! If the D-pad is so great then why are you considering this mod? I am gradually getting used to it but it is still not really clicking with me.

On the whole I do really like the F-200, despite some little niggles it is undoubtedly the best handheld for homebrew/emulation available. I have yet to try Neo Geo & MAME but I hear it does a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
      Duddy finally pestered me into picking up one of these wonder devices. First impressions are mixed, the screen is wonderful and the gp2x does what it says on the tin. NES, PC Engine and Megadrive emulation is flawless. The games look ace running at their native resolution.
      On that note, whats the resolution like when hooked up to a crt? Do the games still run in their native 240i? Or are they upscaled to 480i?

Comment

It doesn't look great, sadly. It's running through S-Video and the resolution isn't quite right; it's perfectly playable but it reminds me of the bad old days of composite and RF connections. Don't go expecting SCART quality!

Comment

OK for watching movies though i take it? My digibox goes through s-video and looks fine.

Comment

The mighty D-pad mod in action!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqJHOOCSFxw

This is footage of the guy who suggested the mod in action.

I've just been giving Marvel vs Capcom a blast and the mod is seriously good. Shame it's made my GP2X look as ugly as hell (that photo AYB posted is my mod).

It's still not perfect but it's a damn sight better than standard pad when it comes to fighting games!

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
                OK for watching movies though i take it? My digibox goes through s-video and looks fine.
                The image is slightly warped for some reason, apparently it's how the GP2X outputs a signal. It's still perfectly acceptable for games, not tried movies though.

Comment

The GP2X F200 emulating the Sega Mega CD. The game is Road Avenger and the emulator in question is the excellent PicoDrive.

Mega CD emulation via PicoDrive = FAULTLESS.

Comment

Just bought one on ebay for 64 squid!! Its an f100 mk 1 though mind so ill see how I get on with it! Still looking forward to it!

Comment

You should be fine with a Mk1 F100, you might wanna mod the d-pad though. Apparently it's easier to do on the F100. All the emulators should work so you don't need to worry about that. £64 is a bit of a bargain too, F100's are rising in value these days cos GPH don't produce them anymore.

Comment

Yes I noticed that aswell. Ive seen them go for 90+.

Here's the link:

Apparently its mint condition aswell so fingers crossed!

And yer, like I said, Im gonna try and get a game gear d-pad wired in. All in due time though! Oh and no offence but the one above does look kinda ugly

Comment

I think you've scored a bargain there mate, that looks lovely!

And yeah, I'm well aware that my D-pad mod is ugly as sin, but by God it does the job, and then some.

More footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0mBD4s6Dw0

Virtua Racing running on PicoDrive...remember this game used the SVP chip so to emulate this is quite an achievement!

Comment

So whats the deal with the firmware? Whats the best to go for? Bearing in mind I have the f100, is it just a straight forward case of going for 4.0?

The console , as is, has 1.4 or something.. Screen has scanlines and you can even see flicker. Im hoping this is the firmware..

Comment

If you've got an F100 I don't see any reason to upgrade to 4.0 firmware, but I've not really compared the two.

As for the screen - I've heard the screen on the F200 is better than on the F100, but a firmware upgrade may well solve your issue.

Comment

Temper has been updated - now supports PC Engine CD-ROM titles.

Just been playing Dracula X and Gate of Thunder, as well as others...

Comment

Working...
                                X