No announcement yet.

PlayStation 3: Themes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratchet and Uncharted ones up on the US store too.

Comment

Is there anyway to reformat a theme?

Usually when I see themes there are things that just don't work for me and I'd like to be able to change bits of them but I've not found any way to open the theme as the different pics yet.

I've not tried that new theme creator so there will hopefull be something in there to do it.

Comment

Not sure if anybody cares but...
        The PS3's already massively customisable themes had so far only allowed for changes to the background image, menu fonts and symbols, but Sony's latest themes come with one extra surprise - new sounds.

By default, the PS3 makes a nice little swooshing sound as you browse through its menus. But a new Heavenly Sword theme swaps that out with the clashing of oriental-style symbols.

The Ratchet and Clank theme takes it one step further, applying a selection of four different futuristic sound effects to the dashboard, each one chiming out depending on what you're doing.

Now, things will get even more interesting if Sony updates its custom theme tool to allow for users to apply their own sounds. Think gun shots for a Call of Duty theme, various "D'oh" chants for a Simpsons theme, or, if you're a fan of irony, the Xbox 360 dashboard sounds.

Comment

Gran Turismo: Prologue Theme updated to v1.0.2.

Comment

Bit of a huge bump, but is anyone else changing their themes on a regular basis? I usually change it every few weeks & I've just changed to a rather bright Patapon one from psu.com

Comment

Nope. Haven't changed it from m0dus' LBP one ever since I installed it.

Comment

This one? I usually go back to that one every few weeks as it's a real beauty, although the Patapon one is growing on me.

Comment

I usually change every few weeks, mainly because I can't find one I actually enjoy for that long.

I always end up with my own katamari wallpaper, or no wallpaper, and the 'rounded' standard font. meh it looks ok

Comment

I'm still using Alba's GT theme. It's just the XMB and account icons though and I have the deep blue swirly thingy as the background with the rounded text.

I try others but this one works for me due to the simple yet strong icons.

I'm a fan of the way that Apple handle things like themes where everything is quite bold yet subtle at the same time.

Alba's GT Theme
                    Last edited by JP; 21-06-2008, 09:28.

Comment

Originally posted by The Glider View Post
                      This one? I usually go back to that one every few weeks as it's a real beauty, although the Patapon one is growing on me.
                      Yeah, that's the one. I have LBP everywhere I can get it!

Comment

Originally posted by The Glider View Post
                        Are both of those themes available on the PS store, or are they custom made?

I've used the manga theme for ages. I love the colours and the silhouette that defines the character and grass.

Comment

They're custom made. m0dus is a NeoGAF member, not sure about the author of the Patapon theme.

Comment

Where can I download both of them?

Comment

Use the links that The Glider posted. Either download them to memory stick (In \PS3\THEMES folder I think) and install from there or just browse to them using the PS3 browser and install them directly (As long as that website have the mime type correctly set, which I'm sure they do).

Comment

"PS3/THEME" I think. I made the mistake of calling the folder THEMES myself, and took a while before noticing my mistake!

Comment

Working...
                                X