Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony nearly double Playstation 3 sales....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuzzybee View Post
    altho according to you i am not a good gamer
    Correct. Gotta Catch 'em All!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I don't know. The best you've been able to say about the catalogue is that it's 'not too shabby'. And you're right. But, for many, there are more than enough great games on other systems which, right now, makes it tough to justify buying an expensive console for some 'not too shabby' games.

I guess that depends on how much time you have for gaming. If you have so much time that you run out of things to play on othe systems then, yes absolutely, getting a PS3 makes sense. The price point is much better too, which makes it an easier purchase and obviously made a difference.

The "not to shabby" comment should be read as pretty good line up

Comment

i must have read the title wrong as it seems to be about blinkered quotes with AAA being thrown around as if it actually has a meaning when in reality AAA means nothing
        I have to say i agree about the AAA thing, its bull****. Everyones opinions are different, people like different styles of games and i like many others have played alot of the so called AAA games, some of which i thought were pretty wank. As far as having to buy every console to be a gamer goes thats rubbish too, i mean i have way too many consoles and they don't make me a better gamer they just make me poorer and more pissed off about how little space i have for other stuff.

Comment

Best game I have played all year without question is Minna no Golf. Maybe I am falling out of love with gaming with all these regular cock fights and poor game mechanics) but that is the one game I have played which was not afraid of being itself. A game.

Why do PS3 threads always have to go this way?

Lets just all agree that the XBOX 360 is the best and will never be surpasssed and be done with it. Let the PS3 have its little niche and leave it be.

"Why can't we all just get along?" [/J Nicholson]

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
            I have to say i agree about the AAA thing, its bull****. Everyones opinions are different, people like different styles of games and i like
            Exactly, i don't base my opinion of a game on a metaric score or faceless review i know what i like i don't need anyone to tell me how good or bad a game is. These days i have limited time and money to spend on my hobby so more than anything cannot justify owning more than one current gen console, i don't think there as ever been a time in gaming when there has been such a good and diverse range of software and games available.

I find myself at this stage with so many games in my collection still in there rappers or hardly played like i have now, i haven't touched Unchartered drakes fortune, Lego Star Wars or Heavenly Sword and i have hardly played Ratchet & Clank,Assassins Creed or Pro Evo 08

I just cannot stop playing cod4 multiplayer, i regard myself as being very lucky and indeed very happy with the ps3 as i have so many great games to play. I couldn't care less which console has sold more but i do know one thing
            Playstation as a games brand is still and will remain the biggest name in console gaming.

I didn't expect to come back to these forums as see blinkered fanboyism like N4G but it's here even if some try and mask it. I remember days of old when the playground arguments were Spectrum or C64, things are know different now even if i'm older and wiser. People should just enjoy what they have especially now as it seems to be the best time ever to be a gamer.
            Last edited by fuzzybee; 25-11-2007, 09:48.

Comment

ignore this i quoted instead of edited

Comment

i know what i like i don't need anyone to tell me how good or bad a game is.
                How do you know if a game delivers what you like without playing it if you don't listen to the opinions of others? I guess you could buy every game and just keep playing the ones you get on with. Oh but...

i have limited time and money to spend on my hobby
                I would have thought someone in your position would, more than anyone, have to rely on other's opinions to guide your purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  How do you know if a game delivers what you like without playing it if you don't listen to the opinions of others? I guess you could buy every game and just keep playing the ones you get on with. Oh but...

I would have thought someone in your position would, more than anyone, have to rely on other's opinions to guide your purchases.
                  ok fair enought maybe i should have said i only listen to a select few when making a choice, what i mean't was i don't listen to the majority i'm not a sheep just because X gets universally acclaimed i don't flock and buy it.

as i said i know what i like but on occasion a bit of guidance is required, however only from certain quarters. I hold Edge's opinion in high regard even if it's not the publication it once was it's still head and shoulders above other publications and indeed certain online review sites.

Comment

I hold Edge's opinion in high regard
                    Whoa... why is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hidekazu Kushima View Post
                      Whoa... why is this?
                      i am going out in about ten minutes do i need to tell you why ??

get back to monster man
                      Last edited by fuzzybee; 26-11-2007, 07:38.

Comment

i am going out in about ten minutes do i need to tell you why ??
                        Yes. Yes you do.

Comment

Because they are independent knowledgeable and professional,obv. But, BFF and kisses and that.
                          Last edited by Swallow; 26-11-2007, 19:37. Reason: Needs more gey...

Comment

Have they taken the 60GB one off the market, looking at online retailers (the obvious ones) I cant find one for **** and I dont want the kids version.

Comment

They said that it was out of production that once current stocks were gone, there would only be the 40GB models.

Comment

Working...
                              X