No announcement yet.

ECTS/Playstation experience meetup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to both on the Friday. Was just about to post a similar topic myself, so it would be great to meet up 8).

Comment

Been for the last two years with a made up company/position. No checks other than having your barcode on the badge scanned.

I think people with 'press' written on their badges rather than 'visitor' have to have proper ID.

Comment

OK so Friday it is - what meeting point?

Neil.

Comment

I'm off on Thursday to the ECTS and Sony Playstation Experience Show and the Nintendo thing too. Also off to the arcades after!

I've also been told that Sony have been extra tight supplying trade tickets for the Sony Playstation Experience Show...

My good mate who's totally in charge of the games section at HMV has been told that he has to buy the ticket himself this year if he wants to go!

Comment

Im off to ECTS this year too, would be top to meet some forum guys for a drink.

Comment

I should be able to meet you crazy guys, lets decide a time & place - Friday is my day thou

Comment

Are people still gonna gatecrash the Nintendo party with us people being so pissed off with Nintendo not letting indies sell Nintendo imports to us?

Comment

do you know when/where for the nintendo party?

I may be able to get tickets for that.

won't be able to make ects during the day. boo

if ntsc-uk peeps are going for a drink afterwards, can we decide somewhere beforehand? I would be able to pop along for a drinki after the show.

Comment

I've just copied and pasted this for ya...

*NEW* Nintendo (ECTS Stand: West Brompton entrance)

Nintendo will be showing off the most up to date versions of forthcoming games for the NINTENDO GAMECUBE and Game Boy Advance with a newly liveried 40 tonne articulated truck packed with consoles & games. The truck will be situated directly outside the entrance to ECTS on the Brompton Road side of Earl's Court for the duration of the show.

Over forty consoles within the vehicle's extended trailer will play host to some of the incredible games coming from Nintendo as well as a number of the great games on their way from Nintendo's third party developers.

4 Aug 2003 - NINTENDO ANNOUNCES MARIO KART DEBUT FOR LONDON GAMES WEEK
                    The time of year is approaching when all the movers and shakers of the European gaming world head to London to see the latest that the world of gaming has to offer. This year for the first time ECTS forms part of the newly created London Games Week, a packed schedule of gaming events taking place in the last week of August. As part of London Games Week the ECTS show is coming to Earls Court, London on 27th to 29th August and Nintendo will be there.
                    Nintendo will be showing off the most up to date versions of forthcoming titles for the NINTENDO GAMECUBE and Game Boy Advance with a newly liveried 40 tonne articulated truck packed with consoles & games. The truck will be situated directly outside the entrance to ECTS on the Brompton Road side of Earl?s Court for the duration of the show. Forty consoles within the vehicle?s extended trailer will play host to some of the incredible games coming from Nintendo as well as a number of the great titles on their way from Nintendo?s third party developers.

In a real scoop for London Games Week a specially updated version of Mario Kart: Double Dash will be there to play for the first time ever. The truck will also contain brand new versions of the latest Game Boy Advance games playable through the NINTENDO GAMECUBE via the Game Boy Player.

Among the other games on show from Nintendo will be:

For the NINTENDO GAMECUBE
                    1080 Avalanche
                    F-Zero GX
                    Pikmin 2
                    The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
                    Pacman
                    Pok?mon Box
                    Soul Calibur II

For the Game Boy Advance
                    Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
                    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
                    Mario & Luigi
                    Pok?mon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire
                    Super Mario Bros.3: Super Mario Advance 4

These will also be joined by other first class titles by 3rd party publishers for the NINTENDO GAMECUBE and the Game Boy Advance.

Connectivity between the Game Boy Advance and NINTENDO GAMECUBE will be demonstrated to great effect using a number of titles including Nintendo?s own The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. Visitors will also be able to get their hands on the newest addition to Nintendo?s range of hardware, the sleek Game Boy Advance SP, which will be demonstrated with a selection of the great new titles forthcoming on Game Boy Advance.

London Games Week runs from Monday 25 through until Sunday 31 August 2003. The Nintendo truck will be outside the entrance to ECTS on Brompton Road from Wednesday 27th to Friday 29th August, open from 9am until 7pm Wednesday & Thursday and 9am until 4pm Friday.

Click onto www.nintendo-europe.com for all of the most up to date official information on Nintendo.

Nintendo Co., Ltd. of Kyoto, Japan, is the acknowledged worldwide leader in the creation of interactive entertainment. To date, Nintendo has sold more than 1.7 billion video games worldwide, created such industry icons as Mario? and Donkey Kong and launched franchises like The Legend of Zelda? and Pok?mon˙. Nintendo manufactures and markets hardware and software for its popular home video game systems, including the Nintendo 64, NINTENDO GAMECUBE, Game Boy Advance and Game Boy - the world?s best-selling video game system which has sold over 150 million units. As a wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe.

Comment

I am going, I ordered my ticket ages ago.. hey I can now offically go an all

Comment

I am going on Friday and a friend of mine will keep me informed if there is any problems with gaining entry.

Comment

I don't know if I can make the Friday now . Watch this space.....

Comment

Have you got your badges yet?

Comment

Not yet, they normally come through about ten days before. I should be able to make one of the other days and meet up with some other peeps that are going .

Comment

Me and my friend got our ects packs today. whats the favoured day for a ntsc-uk meetup there? I am going to book my day off soon, probs friday is the best day?

PM me and we can exchange mobile details or something if you are going to be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X