Braid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
    Braid has apparently so far sold about 28.5K units. According to the link it's the second fastest selling Arcade game in its debut week (GW2 was fastest with 48.5K and Rez third with 25.5K). Very glad to see this and hope it keeps selling well so that it'll more than break-even.

Braid also has the highest ranking score of any XBLA title on Metacritic and Gamerankings.
    Great news. Let's hope this is the start of more to come!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
      I've replayed Braid more than any other game this year - and it can't be completed in five hours - trust me. There's more to see in this game than most games on XBLA, it's just not shoved in your face.
      The developer disagrees with you -

Originally posted by Jonathan Blow
      I think 2-3 hours is an exaggerated estimate. I would be very, very surprised if someone manages to complete Braid in under 3 hours. Some people might be able to do it but it?s a very small percentage. It is more like 5 and up. Plus, as I have mentioned elsewhere, the Speed Run is a fair bit of replay value. Not like online multiplayer, but it does add a significant piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
        The developer disagrees with you
        He does? He appears to be confirming everything I said.

You could beat the game in under three hours first time, sure, you couldn't complete it in three hours.

Comment

You said it can't be completed in 5 hours, The developer says it can. How is that confirming what you said?

Comment

The game can be beaten in five hours. It can't be completed in five hours - short of using a guide.

Let me tell you where I am. Until you've bought and played the game, I'm not prepared to discuss this any further with you. Clearly you've made up your mind that the game isn't worth the money and are happy to discount anyone that disagrees with you.

Someone has told you it's not worth it, I have told you it more than is. You're not prepared to accept my opinion because it doesn't fit with your argument, but are happy to accept a no-more-or-less valid opinion from another source that does back you up. It's not the way to hold discussions, I'm afraid.

When you're in a position to create your own opinion about whether or not Braid is worth 1200 points, by all means come back, but until then your entire argument is based on conjecture and it's not worth carrying on this discussion currently.

I'm out.

Comment

Maybe im thick ,but if someone can work out all the sublime puzzles in braid in 5 hours i take my hat off to them, im on about 10 hours in and nowhere near finished. temptation to use a faq but thats seems to kill the whole point of what braid is about, working out puzzles.

Comment

I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                  That's simply because many of those who haven't bought it chose not to because of the price. As for regretting their purchase, I've come across loads of people expressing their dissatisfaction on discovering they paid 1200 points for a game that can be completed in 5 hours and has virtually no replay value.
                  Jesus, you have a real bee in your bonnet about this.

Let me know your paypal address and I will personally send you ?3.60, the difference between 1,200 and 800 points. Then we can all forget about the pricing of this game, which in the greater scheme of things is completely insignificant.

Comment

Haha. Very kind of you but, no thanks. I'll let it go now but will no doubt be in full moaning mode again in a couple of weeks when Castle Crashers comes out at it's rumoured 1800 points.

Comment

I do wonder why microsoft priced at 1200 points , when the developer really wanted it to be 800, the price wasnt an issue for me, a great game will be bought if its 800 or 1600 or 1200, it dosent matter as long as the quality is there, my only concern is that if braid sells really well ,pricing will be 1200 more often than not i bet..

Comment

It's worth every penny imo. But then again, I don't think the demo does it justice.

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                        I do wonder why microsoft priced at 1200 points , when the developer really wanted it to be 800, the price wasnt an issue for me, a great game will be bought if its 800 or 1600 or 1200, it dosent matter as long as the quality is there, my only concern is that if braid sells really well ,pricing will be 1200 more often than not i bet..
                        So long as they're upto the quality set by braid- fine. 90% of arcade games aren't worth 800 points.
                        Last edited by Synthesthesia; 13-08-2008, 17:34.

Comment

Hello ladies and germs.

First post here.

I'm actually dying for braid, but I'm holding off until somewhere has cheap MS points (missed the £13 zavvi offer. Would've bought two lots.).

Played the demo, and I don't think I've seen such a charming wee game in years. It's utterly unreal how fun it was to play.

Comment

They are £15.93 on Tesco.com if you want some relatively cheap.

Comment

I know But I don't wanna wait. I can go pricematch at pc world or currys I guess.

Comment

Have you considered shoplifting?

Comment

Working...
                                X