Braid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
    Hmm... I hadn't thought of doing it that way.

Looking at the webpage and dashboard, it's citing 500 point bundles @?4.25. At that price I might as well buy a 2100 points card for ?13. Thanks for your help, though.
    Where did you find a 2100 point card for ?13? I was looking on ebay last night and they are ?18. I just went with Gamepointsnow instead as they are instant.

Comment

Anyone read the EDGE review giving this a 9. Sounds good from their review, and i'm downloading the trial now!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
        Where did you find a 2100 point card for ?13?
        I don't know if this is where Monomanicpat gets his but Tesco sell 2100 points cards for ?13.97 including delivery.

Comment

What Matty said. ?14, really.

Comment

This is a refreshing change from the usual XBLA tripe. A well thought out platform / puzzler. It's quite fiendish in places, but really enjoyable. Well worth a look methinks.

Comment

I didnt really like this cant quite put my finger on why but just didnt seem to click with me. I will have to retry it as I seem to be in the minority its getting rave reviews etc everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

bit over priced and a bit under purchased by the look of things

their is hope for castle crashers maybe because i really don't want to pay the prices that have been banded about as this was spot on the money quoted last week.
                After paying ?4.99 for Pixel Eden this does seem a bit expensive. There's a piece on Eurogamer today about how the dev would have priced it cheaper.

Braid creator Jonathan Blow is "less happy" Microsoft insisted on charging 1200 Points (GBP 10.20 / EUR 14.40) for the …

It would appear that it's Mircosoft that have there pricing structure slightly out of wack. If you consider that you can buy TF2 and Portal for ?10 each on Steam it will be interesting to see how much this costs on the PC.

Comment

My main concern with it costing 1200 points is, if it sells well, we'll undoubtedly see more and more games costing 1200 points (and up) in the future. And you can bet your life if the game doesn't sell they'll soon drop the price to 800 points - at which point I'll buy it.

I just hope enough people adopt the same philosophy and refuse to buy the game until it drops in price because, by doing so, they're sending out a statement. And really, there's no reason to believe this game was any more expensive to develop than the majority of XBLA games costing 800 points. If anything, I bet it was less expensive to develop. It's just greed.

Comment

Spot on, Charlie. I'm waiting for the 800 point price drop, and even then I might not bother, as the demo wasn't up to much.

Comment

Totally agree with the comments on pricing here but I will say this: Braid is better than some games I've paid ?60+ for in the past. ?10 doesn't seem like such a rip-off in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
                        Totally agree with the comments on pricing here but I will say this: Braid is better than some games I've paid ?60+ for in the past. ?10 doesn't seem like such a rip-off in comparison.
                        I know what you are saying, but the fact with digital distributed games is that you don't have packaging, you don't have a disc, and you don't have all the costs associated with a 'retail' game. Add on the factor that you have no resale value whatsoever, and that price seems very unreasonable.

Comment

I'm inclined to believe the majority of games costing 1200 would make more profit if they were priced at 800 points as, I bet, something like 2/5 potential buyers are turned off buy the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                            I just hope enough people adopt the same philosophy and refuse to buy the game until it drops in price because, by doing so, they're sending out a statement.
                            And what kind of statement are you sending out though?
                            That you won't support independent games development with new and original ideas?
                            Talk to Jeff Minter about making a new game and selling it on the cheap, let's see what he has got to say about it.

"Jesus ****ing Christ
                            not seeing a lot of reason to continue even trying to make games, at this point, when a remake of Frogger, one of the worst games in the history of old arcade games, can outsell Space Giraffe that we put so much love and effort into, by more than ten to one, in one week.

OK, we get the message. All you want on that channel is remakes of old, ****e arcade games and crap you vaguely remember playing on your Amiga.

We'll shut up trying to do anything new then.

Sorry for even trying."

Great for the future of development then.

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                            And really, there's no reason to believe this game was any more expensive to develop than the majority of XBLA games costing 800 points. If anything, I bet it was less expensive to develop. It's just greed.
                            And you know this how?

Seriously what is SO wrong with a game being sold for 1200 points?? (Which in real money is only £10.50!) Im sure if it was Japanese and on DS some people may have been happy spending £30 on it.
                            This is only done so that Jonathan Blow can get some of his money back, earn a living and maybe even go on to be encouraged to make more new and original content, unlike Minter who sold cheap and got shafted and now is discouraged by it all.

Comment

If it was 800 points I'd have already bought it. As it's 1200 I haven't, and I don't think I'm going to bother.

Comment

This is only done so that Jonathan Blow can get some of his money back, earn a living and maybe even go on to be encouraged to make more new and original content, unlike Minter who sold cheap and got shafted and now is discouraged by it all.
                                Not a great comparison ... most people who play the demo of Minter's game will come away thinking "this is a mess" (I know I did), and so would have no intention of paying ANY number of points for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X