Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I kinda almost sorta finished my PS2 collection today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's like saying you prefer Gran Tourismo to Outrun 2 SP. HERESY!

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      I think I may add Ibara as that'll cover the vertical shooter part, although I'm very open to suggestions as it's not my preferred style.
      Have you played Ibara? If not, check out my review. It's uber double hard. How about Raiden III? Cheaper and easier to get into properly.

Comment

If we're talking Cave PS2 ports it's all down to whether you're a Yagawa fan or not. If you are, Ibara's a safe bet, but personally I'd much rather have ESPGaluda or DDP: Dai Ou Jou.

Comment

I'd go for DDP: Dai Ou Jou personally, although its really hard it feels much more satifying that the other shooters to me.

Comment

I think Dajou is best one then Ibara then Espgaluda then the Mushima or whatever its called. Ibara is good but DDP D is amazing. Not a fan of Raiden 3 Id rather have Castle series.

Comment

this thread is just joe bait, if you don't realise by now, you never will.

get espgaluda.... .. lol
              Last edited by kernow; 18-04-2008, 22:12.

Comment

I did have [Gradius V], but as said I prefer R-Type Final so there's your answer
                I am interested in your belief system and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I should go back to my shmups, really. Never got past level 5 or 6 on R-Type Final, even on Baby. But I did prefer it to Gradius V.

Comment

I think I may add Ibara as that'll cover the vertical shooter part, although I'm very open to suggestions as it's not my preferred style. I like hori's much better.
                  Daz...

Having owned all the PS2 Cave games, the best of the lot ould have to be either Espgaluda, closely followed by Mushihimesama. Ibara is just a mess to me as I find it hard to disitnguish between bullets and bonuses and DPDOJ is just stupidly impossible.

Just listen to the FamiDude!!

Comment

The ibara port on ps2, they made it so the bullets actually show better than the pcb, the pcb had certain stealth bullets you had little chance of seeing, the games balls hard anyway. All the vert shooter ports suck on ps2 basically unless you're thinking about rotating the screen, you lose so much screen real estate. But then, why am I saying all this when its just going to sit on your shelf unplayed anyway.. I don't know. Sometimes I guess I just like wasting my time.

Comment

Great list of games Joe def stop at 30 mate. There is a nice varied set. Im sure PS3 will fill gaps with PSN games n some awesome sequels e.g. Initial D etc

Comment

Give it up kernow. We heard you the first time

Comment

Heard Joe the first time too

Comment

I've been busy on this over the weekend, and below is my draft list of the 30 games that will comprise my PS2 collection. There are a few titles in there, which I am not 100% sure of. I do really like those games, but I will still be on the lookout for something better to replace them with. The other 26 are 100% concrete games for me though.
                            1. Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
                            2. Auto Modellista U.S. Tuned (not 100% on this one)
                            3. Biohazard 4
                            4. Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
                            5. Final Fantasy X: International
                            6. God Hand
                            7. Hyper Street Fighter 2: The Anniversary Edition
                            8. Ico
                            9. Katamari Damashii
                            10. Killer 7
                            11. King Of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
                            12. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
                            13. The Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2
                            14. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence boxed set
                            15. Metal Slug Complete
                            16. Mojib-Ribbon (not 100% on this one)
                            17. Odin Sphere
                            18. Okami
                            19. Outrun 2: SP
                            20. R-Type Final
                            21. Rez
                            22. Rogue Galaxy
                            23. Shin Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams
                            24. Silent Hill 2: Saigo no Uta
                            25. Silent Scope 2
                            26. Sky Gunner
                            27. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
                            28. Street Fighter Zero: Fighters Generation
                            29. Wanda to Kyozou (SOTC)

30. Ibara/ESPGaluda (as yet undecided which one I want)

This isn't a bait thread at all. I've been building/refining my collection for some time now, and I wanted to share it with you. I also figured I could get some help with the remaining few games that I'm interested in. Personally I'm enjoying this thread very much. I apologise if it is too long-winded for some, but I am using it to my advantage.

Anyway, it seems ESPgaluda would be a good choice for my vert, being that a) I'm not heavily into the genre (so I may be put off by another choice due to it's difficulty to get into), and b) the review here states that it is the most accessible.
                            I seem to be drawn to Ibara however. I'm quite defiant of what I call the "Cave hype", so the fact that Ibara is "8ing/Raizing style" is what really grabs me. These titles both seem quite expensive, so whilst the price doesn't really bother me I don't want to regret my purchase as I will only be picking up one of them, but I really cannot make up my mind.

Based on this I ask you, Ibara or ESPgaluda? Opinions of people who own or have owned both would be great, especially if you can compare the two and tell me their strengths and weaknesses etc. The most important thing to me though is what one I'll enjoy playing the most.

Thanx much.
                            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 21-04-2008, 10:53.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

This isn't a bait thread at all. I've been building/refining my collection for some time now, and I wanted to share it with you. I also figured I could get some help with the remaining few games that I'm interested in. Personally I'm enjoying this thread very much. I apologise if it is too long-winded for some, but I am using it to my advantage.

Anyway, it seems ESPgaluda would be a good choice for my vert, being that a) I'm not heavily into the genre (so I may be put off by another choice due to it's difficulty to get into), and b) the review here states that it is the most accessible.
                              I seem to be drawn to Ibara however. I'm quite defiant of what I call the "Cave hype", so the fact that Ibara is "8ing/Raizing style" is what really grabs me. These titles both seem quite expensive, so whilst the price doesn't really bother me I don't want to regret my purchase as I will only be picking up one of them, but I really cannot make up my mind.

Based on this I ask you, Ibara or ESPgaluda? Opinions of people who own or have owned both would be great, especially if you can compare the two and tell me their strengths and weaknesses etc. The most important thing to me though is what one I'll enjoy playing the most.

Thanx much.

I would have to go with Espgaluda. While Ibara is really very good, Espgaluda just feels better to play. The explosions are nice and meaty and the bulletpatterns and alot easier to see then Ibara's. The specials are better on Ibara though, but then you can't beat having a "Slowdown" feature on Esp and the lasers are nice to kick ass with.
                              I have yet to complete either of them though coz they both whup my skinny ass.

Comment

I'm the opposite, i prefer Ibara, for some reason Espgaluda is my least favourite of the Cave games. Ibara is really hard though and the loading annoys me quite alot, but the arranged mode seems more fun and accessable to me. All that said Espgaluda is a nice product, ie its supposed to be really close to the arcade version, it has the superplay dvd thing with it etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X