Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I kinda almost sorta finished my PS2 collection today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J0e - totally agree with you on consolidating your collection, I'm trying to do the same atm.

Re games that are better on other formats - BH4 is obviously a popular one, but I've never played it on any format. I was thinking Outrun 2 (Xbox), Rez (DC, but this is debatable), and the Neo Geo stuff (due to resolution issues).

Comment

I'm surprised to see so many people saying that the Cube version of RE4 is better than the PS2 version, while no-one's mentioning the Wii version of it being the best by far?

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
        I know you're not a RPG man, but you could really do with something a bit more than FF X.
        As I can only run NTSC/J titles I'm quite governed in my choices. FFX: International has full English support so I have no trouble playing it. If there are any other JPN RPGs out there with an English option feel free to let me know so I can give them a try. I do have Okami though, which whilst is an action RPG is pretty lengthy, same with Odin Sphere I guess.

Originally posted by belmondo View Post
        Re games that are better on other formats - BH4 is obviously a popular one, but I've never played it on any format. I was thinking Outrun 2 (Xbox), Rez (DC, but this is debatable), and the Neo Geo stuff (due to resolution issues).
        As Champloo says above, you don't really notice the differences once you start playing, and I'm not in a position to be elitist about it. A long as I do get to enjoy the games I'm cool with what I've got available to me.

I'm hoping KOF '98 has some kind of HD option, especially as my panel is 50". MVS is pixel hell on it. The SF games seem to be alright though, so I reckon I'll be OK. I'll just have to only play it on the PS2 otherwise, as that can be hooked up to a CRT if needs be.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          As I can only run NTSC/J titles I'm quite governed in my choices. FFX: International has full English support so I have no trouble playing it. If there are any other JPN RPGs out there with an English option feel free to let me know so I can give them a try. I do have Okami though, which whilst is an action RPG is pretty lengthy, same with Odin Sphere I guess.
          Its quite hard finding RPGs for the Japanese PS2 with english language although i'm sure there are others, for example i believe the korean version of Rogue Galaxy has an english option, and i'd really like it but its awkward to find.

Comment

I wish I had the courage to just cull my collection to the bare minimum...

but unfortunately it seems to be growing rather than shrinking...

anyway really nice compact collection..

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              1. Biohazard 4
              2. Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
              3. Final Fantasy X: International
              4. God Hand
              5. Hyper Street Fighter 2: The Anniversary Edition
              6. Ico
              7. Killer 7
              8. King Of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (on pre-order at P-A)
              9. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
              10. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence boxed set
              11. Metal Slug Complete
              12. Odin Sphere
              13. Okami
              14. Outrun 2: SP
              15. R-Type Final
              16. Rez
              17. Shin Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams
              18. Silent Scope 2
              19. Sky Gunner
              20. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
              21. Street Fighter Zero: Fighters Generation
              22. Wanda to Kyozou (SOTC)

Quality set JO. Very similar to my own! I literally have about 90% of those.

Others I would have to retain would be

DMC 1 and 3
              Katamary 1 and 2
              Psyvariar 1 complete and 2 ultimate final
              VF 2, 4 and EVO
              Espgaluda

Oh and of course Goemon! \o/

I'm jealous of your Korean Okami, I have the JPN but would love the Korean version. I was just quizzing to PA the other week if God Hand Korean supported English text as I would have that too.

Nice set!

Comment

I've gone over a hundred PS2 games myself, though I'd struggle to divide them into utterly essential and non-. <_< I do try to only hang on to games I'm genuinely happy to keep in the hope that someday I'll finish them (and those I have finished, and someday might want to finish again). Still, pretty nice set, as everyone seems to have said. I admire your devotion to minimalism .

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
                  Its quite hard finding RPGs for the Japanese PS2 with english language although i'm sure there are others, for example i believe the korean version of Rogue Galaxy has an english option, and i'd really like it but its awkward to find.

That's correct, the Korean one does indeed have English text, but alas I have only ever seen it offered up for sale once. I shall have to hunt it down methinks.

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                  Others I would have to retain would be

DMC 3
                  Katamary 1

I'm jealous of your Korean Okami, I have the JPN but would love the Korean version. I was just quizzing to PA the other week if God Hand Korean supported English text as I would have that too.
                  I have the SE of DMC3, so no need for the regular game methinks. I've actually just secured the first Katamari too, seeing as it's been recommended to me, and I would like to add a puzzle (well kinda) title into the mix.

Korean Okami is pretty special IMO, same as Korean Odin Sphere. With these two titles I own both JPN and Korean versions and have exchanged the regular JPN case for a 2-disc version, which holds both the JPN disc and the Korean disc. You cannot tell by looking at them though.

Perhaps I'll take a look at Korean God Hand too, although I've not been troubled by the JPN text, and as you cannot get a 3-disc PS2 case I'd have to put "God Tracks" into storage.
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 17-04-2008, 07:40.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    I'm surprised to see so many people saying that the Cube version of RE4 is better than the PS2 version, while no-one's mentioning the Wii version of it being the best by far?
                    yeah, thats because I hated the wii version, awful stretch o rama screen, ugh.

controls sucked too, I just stopped playing after 4 minutes.

who plays re4 nowadays anyway? I guess I've been spoilt by HD graphics as it just looks an interlaced mess to me nowadays. I can't even control Leon anymore. heh, how times change. god I loved that game when it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                      yeah, thats because I hated the wii version, awful stretch o rama screen, ugh.

controls sucked too, I just stopped playing after 4 minutes.

who plays re4 nowadays anyway? I guess I've been spoilt by HD graphics as it just looks an interlaced mess to me nowadays. I can't even control Leon anymore. heh, how times change. god I loved that game when it came out.
                      Yeah i properly loved that game. I duno about it looking a mess now but i don't wanna play it in case it ruins my memory of it. Thats always the risk of retro gaming though, oh how we play with fire!

Comment

I'm gonna have to extend to 30 titles now. I have the shelf space to do so, and it's a nice round number. Got 27 of them sorted, 3 more to think about. New ones in bold, here they are:
                        1. Auto Modellista U.S. Tuned
                        2. Biohazard 4
                        3. Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
                        4. Extermination
                        5. Final Fantasy X: International
                        6. God Hand
                        7. Hyper Street Fighter 2: The Anniversary Edition
                        8. Ico
                        9. Katamari Damashii
                        10. Killer 7
                        11. King Of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
                        12. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
                        13. The Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2
                        14. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence boxed set
                        15. Metal Slug Complete
                        16. Odin Sphere
                        17. Okami
                        18. Outrun 2: SP
                        19. R-Type Final
                        20. Rez
                        21. Shin Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams
                        22. Silent Hill 2: Saigo no Uta
                        23. Silent Scope 2
                        24. Sky Gunner
                        25. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
                        26. Street Fighter Zero: Fighters Generation
                        27. Wanda to Kyozou (SOTC)
                        28. ??? Vert needed, Ibara perhaps? Suggest ye.
                        29. ???
                        30. ???
                        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 18-04-2008, 13:25.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

No - don't do it Joe! As your sponsor, I think you should quit while you're ahead! Don't go back to the retail (or eBay) drug!

Comment

nice collection that - surprised by the lack of 2d shmups tbh but it covers quite a few bases.

This thread made me actually have a look at my ntsc-j PS2 collection - will post it up laters

Comment

Why no Gradius V? It's an amazing game. I'm sure you had it once too not so long ago?

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                                No - don't do it Joe! As your sponsor, I think you should quit while you're ahead! Don't go back to the retail (or eBay) drug!
                                Lol, 30 is deffo the end for me. My shelf holds 30 cases perfectly, and tbh I wasn't entirely happy at either the 22 or the 25 mark. I'll deffo be 100&#37; smiley at 30 though, and it's still quite compact.

Originally posted by John Beaulieu View Post
                                nice collection that - surprised by the lack of 2d shmups tbh but it covers quite a few bases.

This thread made me actually have a look at my ntsc-j PS2 collection - will post it up laters
                                The covering bases is exactly what I'm trying to do JB. I think I may add Ibara as that'll cover the vertical shooter part, although I'm very open to suggestions as it's not my preferred style. I like hori's much better.

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                                Why no Gradius V? It's an amazing game. I'm sure you had it once too not so long ago?
                                I did have it, but as said I prefer R-Type Final so there's your answer
                                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 18-04-2008, 13:24.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X