Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I kinda almost sorta finished my PS2 collection today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [nothing] View Post
    You must have room for one Guilty Gear title in there somewhere.
    And if you're only going with one, it has to be the Metallic Robo-Ky edition of GG:XX#Reload, right?

Comment

Guilty Gear!!! No way. I have 3 different SF games and KOF '98. No room at the inn for GG whatsoever.

The only GG game I remotely enjoyed was the Atomiswave GG Version 1.5.
      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 15-04-2008, 18:45.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Glad to have been able to help you out with a small part of the collection

Do you only 'do' Sony consoles? I ask because there are a few games there that one could argue are better on other formats.

Comment

You really helped me out TBH mate. You ended a massive search for Okami.

Other than my DS and PSP, my only home consoles are now a JPN PS2 and PS3. The PS2 set-up is in the games room, and the PS3 is in the lounge. I have an MVS rig purely for KOF '98 (which'll go once Ultimate Match is released), but I've done away with everything else barring an original Xbox, which I will soon put up for sale.

I had far too much stuff knocking around the place, which I found to be a waste of time and space. At first I tried to justify keeping it, but in the end I just thought "what the hell", cut my losses and didn't look back.

The Playstations are good for me as they play the entire catalogue of games available between them, and the format is both mainstream and obscure enough to cover all the games I want to play. I don't have as much time for gaming as I used to back in t'day so I had to make some sacrifices, but this seemed like the best set-up for me.

Out of interest, what are the games you would argue would be better on an alternate platform?
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

re4 for certain

Comment

I guess, but I've never played it on GC and the PS2 version has extras so I'm ok with that. Same with Killer 7.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Nice one Joe, congrats on finishing your collection!

I've almost finished my DC collection. Have lists of Beat 'em Ups and Shoot 'em Ups that I want and there are only a couple left:

Powerstone 2
                Guilty Gear
                Mars Matrix
                Giga Wing 1
                Giga Wing 2
                Cannon Spike

It's a great feeling when you finish something you've worked hard to achieve. Enjoy your gamage!

Comment

No PS2 collection is complete without Onimusha 1 and 2.

Comment

Ok, so I'm going to bring it up to 25 games. 25 games would actually fit perfectly on my shelf anyway. I've ordered both Auto Modellista U.S. Tuned and Silent Hill 2: Saigo no Uta.
                    I just need one more game now. I'll have to have a real good think about what that one will be.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      Ok, so I'm going to bring it up to 25 games. 25 games would actually fit perfectly on my shelf anyway. I've ordered both Auto Modellista U.S. Tuned and Silent Hill 2: Saigo no Uta.
                      I just need one more game now. I'll have to have a real good think about what that one will be.
                      What about Katamari Damacy? There's always room for the Prince in a games collection

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        I guess, but I've never played it on GC and the PS2 version has extras so I'm ok with that. Same with Killer 7.
                        hah, if you've never played the gc one how do you know what the extras even are. I'd take RE4 on cube over the ps2 version with extras no contest, its like a completely different game they hacked it down so much for ps2.

gc version is just ... wonderful

Comment

A nice mix of games. Vastly different from my own though - I only seem to keep games that can be picked up and played - epics get played once and then sold because I find there's too many new ones cropping up to replay old ones. I wish I had more time. Fair play for keep the list small and tailored to your needs rather than just grabbing everything in sight.

Comment

Kernow, GC version is visually a bit naff though being widescreen forced into a 4:3 screen, so when you zoom it up to a real widescreen.... not that it stopped me enjoying it in any way, but I'd like to sample the PS2 version some day to see if it's any better being in proper widescreen.

Comment

I guess you can run the ps2 version in 1080p on a ps3 too, but the lack of polygons, the lack of polygons! .. ahem

Comment

Played both and hardly noticed a difference until I took a look at comparison shots online. GC version does look quite a bit better, but at the end of the day, once you get wrapped up in a game you begin to forget what your surroundings look like.

Nice collection though. I know you're not a RPG man, but you could really do with something a bit more than FF X.
                                Last edited by Champloo; 16-04-2008, 10:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X