No announcement yet.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 in development!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate kotaku today. "There's New Beyond Good & Evil 2 Footage (Though It Sucks)"
    What they actually meant was "There's New Beyond Good & Evil 2 Footage but it's too shaky and low quality to see anything properly)

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
      I believe in the engine as Assassin's Creed 3 could use such an engine. Unveiled at E3 maybe?
      That's a good point and would be logical for such an engine, if that means we could get BG&E2 as a side-dish, I'm a happy camper.

Comment

Sorry haven't been following this thread so maybe somebody has posted this already or a link to the same item elsewhere but there's a great interview with Michel Ancel in the games section of metro.co.uk (old C4 Teletext Gamecentral guys) today.Also a very enthusiastic review of Rayman Origins.

Comment

Still coming this gen apparently

Comment

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in an "active creation stage", creator Michel Ancel has confirmed, but reiterated the game was …

Michel Ancel has said that BG&E2 is in active creation stage and is set to appear on next gen machines.

A new image has emerged

and the link has a concept video showing Jade running through an environment

Comment

That's the same video that they showed back in 2008 probably...

Comment

You said it. Tis the very same video, just an HD version.

Comment

Here is a new video that Unseen64 have just posted

Comment

This doesn't look right to me. Not how I remembered the world being presented in the first one at all.

Comment

I don't think it's a million miles off really, obviously the city areas on the original were pretty low on detail, but you could see from the architecture and colour of the stone that they were inspired by certain parts of the world.

In the first teaser trailer you could also see that there were no aliens and the at one point she even runs through a house of a women wearing a Sari, so it could be possible that Jade is actually on earth, at the very least in an area that intentionally resembles an Indian city.

We'll just have to wait and see, I'd personally prefer a little more of the fantastical. I have Ancel is a fantastical man.

Comment

Sorry, don't get your hopes up, not much to see here.

BG&E2 development is delayed (if there has been any) as Michel Ancel and the team consentrate on making new Rayman games.

If BG&E2 ever gets released, I suspect it won't be until the next console generation.

"We won't make promises that we can't keep," Ancel said last November. "I can say that it's a very ambitious game and we need some tech to achieve that ambition.

"[We'll] focus on the game. We create it first, then we'll see what can run it. We don't say 2013 because we don't know when it will come."

The long-awaited Beyond Good & Evil sequel is being held up by the development of Rayman titles, Ubisoft's CEO has said…

Comment

Im really expecting this to never see the light of day. Might be for the best too, clearly Ubi aren't that invested in making it happen and it'll have never been a big budget title for them after the first flopped a generation ago.

Comment

Beyond Good & Evil 2 will massively expand the scope of the original game and stretch across multiple cities and planet…

Ancel talks up BG&E2 suggesting it might be becoming a bigger priority again.

Comment

Ancel teases some Jade concept art from BG&E2!

Rayman creator Michel Ancel has shown off a new look at Beyond Good & Evil's main character, Jade - presumably her appe…

"Working on Rayman Legends was a nice holiday," Ancel joked. "We're going to make serious games [now], man. And Beyond Good & Evil 2 would be a good candidate for a serious game..."
                              "We've made a lot of things already. Now we need to put them together and make that game. If there would be any communication it will be in the next year, just trying to talk about the fact we are on it. But so many people in Ubisoft want to make that game, honestly."
                              "It was not the time when we worked on it before, it was too ambitious, honestly," Ancel concluded. "And this is the game that we want to do at the right time. So now that we have the right team and the right tools, this would be a good time to do it."
                              Believe!

Comment

Greatest new ever and such a tease please let this be it.

Both guys on either side have ps4 pads. Wonder what they're playing...
                                Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 15-04-2014, 12:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X