Beyond Good and Evil 2 in development!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see Jade is still meditating

Every time I think of this game I remember two things: the opening scene where she is meditating with the little goat kid, and the hilarious Christian game review I read about that this says it features prominent use of eastern mysticism and magical combat

Comment

excellent teaser vid ! it shows absolutely nothing, but it makes fans from the 1st game drooling for more ...

great great news that this is now confirmed !

Comment

Originally posted by Yves Guillemot

We saw with Beyond Good & Evil that so many customers were extremely happy with the game, We had a different audience at that time. We had more core gamers than casual gamers than we have today.

We think the game was probably a little too difficult for the general gamers at that time. We’re going to make it more accessible and make sure that it’s really done for the new generation that’s come into videogames.
        It wasn't exactly a difficult game, apart from those stupid stealth sections

Comment

awesome!

Comment

I hope you're being ironic. Every time someone writes or utters the word 'accessible' in the context of videogames, a thousand widdle kittens are drowned

Comment

Doesnt accessible normally mean a cover system and guns?

Comment

I pray that quote is in jest.

I've only recently done B,G&E for the first time and one of my main thoughts was that it wasn't difficult enough. Compared to most 3D platformers the 'safeness' of the control and movement system verged on the patronising at times. Killing Jade acidentally was virtually impossible with only unwisely aggresive or unskilled combat being punished. I thought the Boss fights were just at the right levels of difficulty too.

Comment

Perhaps someone had the bright idea was that the difficulty was too high was the reason it didn't sell well?

Truth is it was just a tough year for anyone who wasn't EA in 2003, they were going at full steam.

Comment

Leaked footage?

Comment

Looks incredible.

Comment

Wow.

Not really seeing much to indicate whether that's actually supposed to be representative of someone playing, or a lengthy cutscene, or what... but the look certainly seems like it could be there, at least. Damn.

I mean, if that's representative of an actual non-linear play experience - just someone pissing about with a level and trying things out - it'd be on course to topple Crackdown.

Comment

Yeah.

I sure as hell want Beyond Good & Evil 2 to be a mix of Mirror's Edge, MGS4 and Counter Strike.

NOT!

Comment

Hmm yeah, let's hope that's a cutscene. I want an adventure game.

If it is gameplay it's quite impressive for what it is though.

Comment

I highly doubt that's in game. I'd like to believe, but it's Ubisoft.

Comment

Looks incredible...but not like BG&E. Looks too fluid to be ingame, but Ubi have been pushing technology further than most this generation so who knows...

Comment

Working...
                                X