Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought Burnout Paradise last week and absolutely loving it. Taking up all my time. Not even but MGS4 in the PS3 yet.

Comment

Continuing a trend of playing pc games again since upgrading a while ago I started to replay the Minerva HL2 mod, I had only played the first two parts before. Very very good for a mod.

Restarted HL2: Ep1 earlier this week. I gave up on about half way through when it first came out as Valve's HL universe is largely tedious. Finished it off earlier tonight and have just played through the whole of Ep2 tonight as well.

You'd think Alyx would take me shooting her in the face as a hint... bloody NPC's.

Comment

This week (all 360):

-Forza 2: Just picked this up and thoroughly addicted. The racing line is a great idea for people new to the game.

-Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom: Another new one. My buddies got this months ago, had a 3 hour co-op session on Saturday. Great little brawler and def. more fun in co-op. Quite a bit of depth to it, even if the item combination system is horribly implemented.

-Shadowrun: Been working on the 5 kills with Strangle achievement. 2 to go!

Comment

I've been on Super Paper Mario mostly this week, and enjoying it a lot. Though it is a bit weird having RPG elements in a Mario game, I must admit...

Comment

Metroid Prime Pinball, GTA IV and Rock Band. Also I had another bash at Psi Ops, having been stuck on the end of chapter six forever and finally got through it. These last couple of chapters are annoying though. Not sure if I've got the staying power to see it through to the end.

Comment

Elder Scrolls, I absolutly adore it now.

Comment

I just played Condemned all the way through and found it really disappointing, not a patch on any of the Japanese horror games, Silent hill etc... It was really lacking in any imagination and the combat which was rumoured to be tense was made redundant by the taser which you can just use on every bad guy then kill em when there stunned. The taser really shouldn't have been in the game, it makes it far too easy, especially when you get the super tazer towards the end which just destroys the opposition.

This is like the 5th 360 game in a row which I've felt really let down by, I though both Dead Rising and Lost Planet pretty poor, especially by Capcom's lofty standards. I though Bioshock was really dull and found the Episodes 1 and 2 of Half Life 2 to be nowhere near as good Half Life 2, making the orange box very disapointing when viewed as just a sequel.
                Last edited by moonwhistle; 22-06-2008, 20:06.

Comment

I'm playing WoW at the moment, and slowly plodding my way through the later missions of GTA4. Loving both.

Comment

I liked Condemned, but it was definitely horribly rushed - it's easy to see why Edge gave it a 6. I think the atmosphere and aesthetics warrant more than that, others wouldn't.

Been trying another playthrough of MGS4 - it would be nice if I could get the Assassin badge, though attempting CQC just rams it home how fearsomely powerful the tranq pistol is. It's annoying you can't track your progress towards a particular award, either. Also Vagrant Story - it is so, so gratifying to play an eight-year-old game I haven't touched in God knows how long and realise yes, it really is just as amazing as you thought it was. Massively under-rated.

Comment

Viva Pinata, a bit of light relief after slugging through Blacksite and trying DoA4.

Mind, getting the

Sour Sherbat to eat the Jack O Lantern

was a bit of a mission...

Comment

Mostly BioShock this last week, though now I'm on the sick for a week or two, I'll have plenty of time to complete a few more games I haven't tried in a while.

May do Bullet Witch on the higher difficulies or even EDF, seeing as I can't really do much apart from lie in bed

Comment

Not dont to bad recently!
                          Finished Metal Gear 4 which was fantastic as always, great end.
                          Then went straight onto Haze which I believe, if you havent got anything good to say then dont say anything at all, so I won't.
                          Capped that off and now playing through Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction which takes me back to the PS2 days but with very nice visuals and Alone in The Dark which i'm enjoying at the moment even with the bad press.
                          Last edited by Family Fry; 23-06-2008, 10:13.

Comment

lego star wars here, a bit of my 2nd run through mgs4, and dodonpachi on the cab

Comment

I had a marathon sesh on MGS4 all weekend it was immense and the best...............

One word to describe this game BEAUTIFUL..............

Comment

Having finished MGS4 (beautifully crap you mean - kidding, kidding... no, sort of serious), I've started Metal Gear Acid 2 to keep up the Metal Gear thing until I start MGS1 again. I bought MGA2 ages and ages ago as I loved the first one but just never actually got around to playing it (Like FFTactics on PSP).

I wish they'd make MGS Lego. That would totally rock. Like, actual physical Lego I mean. Well, they can make a game too.

But on big consoles I've gone back to Uncharted. The fights are too long and repetitive but otherwise I'm really enjoying it.

Comment

Working...
                                X