Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots and lots of Burnout Paradise, and thoroughly enjoying it. Gunning for the Elite licence.

Also Soul Bubbles on the DS, and occasionally going through Kirby to get the remainder of the medals/characters.

Comment

I am STILL playing Fallout 3 lol......... I want to see as much as possible!

And ive recently taken stock of Castlevania - Ecclesia on the DS. Always been afan of the DS versions as the style of play lends itself well to the handheld format.

Might throw another game into the mix, jus so i can have something else to talk about other than Fallout 3 lol..........

Comment

I've been playing F-Zero GX a little this week, in between sessions of F-Zero X It initially felt unnatural using a Wavebird vs. the N64 pad and I had loads of trouble playing it to start with. It's much faster but not in a smooth way like F-Zero X; things will happen in the time it takes to blink and it makes playing it brutal. I also couldn't remember how to slide properly (both triggers) so that made it difficult as the control is subtly different.

I sat and thought that maybe I was too old to be playing something that requires the reflexes of a small mammal on speed. But I continued to play, determined to figure it out. Once I got over the initial sensory overload, I started to get into it again and I think I'm satisfied I can play it fairly well (but nowhere near as good as I used to, certainly not F-Zero X level). Ignoring odd toilet behaviour and a license to kill, I will continue on!

Comment

Still going with Picross DS. It's incredibly addictive. Has that "one more go" factor that epitomises the best puzzle games.

Currently on what I think is the final puzzle on Normal Mode (Extra-O) but really struggled after clearing the top 7 rows and didn't want to resort to guessing and taking the time penalties.

Comment

I've been visiting the Isle 'O Hags in Banjo Tooie for the past week. I cannot believe I never played this until recently, as it's even more fun than the previous adventure. It's quite easy to get lost though!

Comment

Originally posted by Orgun View Post
              The ONLY thing I have played since friday is 'theHunter' a free hunting game, seriously I cannot believe I'm playing a hunting game, never thought I would. I've put in over 17 hours. http://www.thehunter.com it looks amazing for a free 300mb game you launch from the website

Heard about it on the Gamers with Jobs podcast and have been joining in the little tourney they have going on their forum. It's got its hooks into me so badly I bought a 3 month wardens licence O_O

Love hunting me some Elk.....god what have I become.
              Just found out about this last week and have been playing it ever since, planning to get my stats up a bit and then subscribe. Awesomely realised game and one of the most [strangely] compelling single player PC games I've ever tried. No story, simple mechanic, awesome subtlety which lends it depth. Great stuff, and the fact that it's free is just the cherry on top. Excellent!

Comment

Started playing Fable II again and realised how much I loved it, ended up getting 1000 Gamerscore on it now.

Going to start Afro Samurai later tonight.

Comment

This past week all Xbox 360 again:

Viking - polished it off with the full 1000gs. Last boss fight wasn't as bad as people made out.

Kane and Lynch - Enjoying it better than I was last week. There is some really bad glitches BUT the story is very enjoyable and the banter between the characters makes me smile. Some good set pieces and a great soundtrack as well.

Virtual On- Getting my ass handed to me on this one online. Still great fun though.

Street Fighter IV - played a bit more of champ mode. Some good players on it, but I'm working on my Vega.

Comment

Bit of retro fun for me this last week ...

Chroro Trigger (DS) and F-Zero (snes).

Comment

****ing Peggle

Comment

Here is my short list

Street Fighter IV (just cool)
                        Uncharted (am going to finish it this time) yeah i know that is bad that i have not finished this great game
                        UFC demo (it is just fun)

Comment

And this week it's been:

Call of Duty: World at War - Done an hour or two online as it's been a while. I like the map packs new maps but after 80hrs I'm ready for thenext COD or some other FPS that hits the mark... hopefully MAG or something

Tomb Raider: Underworld - Very short but once again I liked what CD have put together. Given sales were slow on this one it'll be interesting to see where they go with it next.

Portal: Still Alive - Revisiting this one, still love every moment

Comment

Far Cry 2 - Just reached the southern part of the game, absolutely loving it in every aspect so far. It's a shame there's not more people playing it online. The map editor is very fun and simple to use too.

Comment

The Club, GH2 and Halo 3.

Just tidying up.

Comment

Last week I was away from home so was giving my DS some loving.

Grand Theft Auto : Chinatown Wars - gives me a nice warm feeling of nostalgia for the original gta games. Like the way the touch screen has been implemented but find the driving and combat annoying. Played for a good few hours but have little urge to return.

Professor Layton - had a chance to have a few shots on this. Only got to try a few puzzles but it seemed interesting. Will purchase in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                                X