Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evilthecatuk - where did you get rock revo for that price and which format?

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
      Evilthecatuk - where did you get rock revo for that price and which format?

i got an american ps3 copy from a mate, it only cost him £11 from VG+, but seriously its not worth even the £8 i paid for it its bloody awful

Comment

This week;

Shooting Love 200x - really, REALLY, liking this much more than expected. Nearly wrote Exzeal off at the start but despite looking like a doujin game it's great fun. The shmups skills test is really (silly) fun too and would've made for a great XBLA title. Looking forwards to spending some time with Trizeal this week.

Guitar Hero: Metallica - gunning for the band achievements with some fine folk from this here forum. I'm still not mad on GH despite playing it quite a lot lately, but this is definitely one of the better ones.

Garou: MotW - not fully convinced on the port of this, and the netcode is quite **** in all honestly, but it's still Garou and it's still lovely.

Flower, Sun & Rain - finally got this, and enjoying it even if it's (intentionally?) flawed in places. Cross Killer 7, Groundhog Day, and Professor Layton, and you end up somewhere in this sort of ball park. Been playing this during my commute, and it's a truly surreal way to start your day.

Comment

As a connoisseur of awful games it's my duty to try it at some point. Surely ?8 is worth it for the comedy covers alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
            As a connoisseur of awful games it's my duty to try it at some point. Surely ?8 is worth it for the comedy covers alone!

Nope it really aint, System Of A Down song cover is just incredible on it though and there is also cover DLC available on PSN (not sure about XBL) $6 for some bloody awful pantera covers... ACE!!!

If you are really after it I think Amazon are doing the 360 version for about ?13 but its really not worth any more than a pound!!

Comment

I'll wait for it to be almost given away. I'm sure it can't be far ahead!

Comment

Stopped playing Fallout 3 this week after completing the main quest and the game ended and i had no other saves to carry on. Absolutely ridiculous but a great game.

Now playing Oblivion and really enjoying it, currently doing all the mage and thief quests. You can't beat breaking into a house and robbing em

Demons Souls should be here tmoz so thats the next game on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
                  Stopped playing Fallout 3 this week after completing the main quest and the game ended and i had no other saves to carry on. Absolutely ridiculous but a great game.

Now playing Oblivion and really enjoying it, currently doing all the mage and thief quests. You can't beat breaking into a house and robbing em
                  I did the same on fallout 3, was annoyed but I guess it stopped me playing so that was a good thing. I remember one of the first things I did in Oblivion was walk straight forward after leaving the cave for a bit, I found a small hut and was picking the lock when the owner came around the side and asked me how I was . I also found two skeletons on a stone plinth making love have way up a mountain (well they were in the missionary position anyway)

I have fond memories from both games but I'd never play either again.

Comment

Just finished inFAMOUS am not sure what i am going to play yet i need to think about this

Comment

My fathers day present, which is Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on my spanking new DSi (a birthday present).

It's amazing what they've fitted in to the DS. Really amazing job.

Comment

Im still wading my way through Final Fantasy 12, and really enjoying it...... although it does drag in some parts, where i convince myself to level up atleast a few levels before starting the next chapter. I try to level my team up to be the same as guests who join the team. I think im doing better now than i did previously though, as im not having too much trouble dispatching enemies and I ve only really had trouble with one boss. I think im about 50% into it now, as im on my way to fight bad CID lol...........

Other than the ^ above ^ im managed to find my copy of Final Fight one and im really enjoying the nostalgic arcade feel of it all......... I can't believe how bloody hard it is on Very Hard lol........ even with rapid punch on! Definatley saves my DS buttons from being mashed to death with it on though. Im loving the random bits of banter before and after fighting end level guardians - espsecially cody in his convict uniform.

If there is a game that needs a HD update its FINAL FIGHT!

Comment

I've haven't played anything in months apart from the odd 5 min/30-60 mins on something random. Largely down to having absolutely no desire for gaming yet spending a **** ton of time reading/browsing gaming news and prepping for gaming projects I can't bring myself to touch.

Started and finished Ice Age 3 pc today. (About 5-6 hours to complete)
                          Not as good as ice age 2 (acceptably decent). The standard over action with platforming that you get with all licensed games these days. You play as a bunch of different characters from the film. It would have controlled much better it I could have been bothered to hook up a 360 pad but I played with keyboard and mouse which cause some issues since it's obvious the k+m controls were tacked on at the end.

I'd been looking forward to it being released for a month or so. It was nice to get my game on today after so long. Shame it wasn't with a better game but to play something easy to completion in one sitting is a nice ice breaker.

edit, Noice screenshot I took.
                          Last edited by Bort; 30-06-2009, 22:16.

Comment

DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label (360)

Mass Effect (360) - finished it on release but enjoyed it much more this time through as i actually did all the sidequests

Comment

Been playing Klonoa 2 on PS2, very surprised it has 60hz, an absolute wonderful feeling playing a beautifully playable game with a sense of its own identity (as opposed to gently nudging the controller for seventeen minutes, pressing the 'action' button randomly, waiting for my fully-formed, ten-million textured character get his floaty feet in the right fucking position, so that button icon works...)

All with perfect, dead-on control from the Dual Shock 2's d-pad ('dead-on' is like it should be).

Comment

Klonoa: I never got to play this before, instead having just enjoyed the sequel. It has it's charms but like recent reviews have said, it's a bit too basic these days.

Fuel: A strange appeal to this but some shocking pop up causing objects to appear immediately in your path spoiled it too much.

Topotai: Only played a small bit so far but is a very polished and fun PSN release.

Punisher: Very Quakeish, it's ok...

Ice Age 3: Picked this up for some simple aside fun rather than have a credit note, for a licensed kiddy game it's not too bad. Varied enough.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood: Purposely avoided the SP whilst I dedicate my time to the MP which is quite well done. Loving Manhunt mode. Definate winner of this crop of played games

Comment

Working...
                                X